Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Seabert
(09-15-2020, 01:41 PM)Tony Wrote: You know what? I AGREE WITH THIS 100%

Can he be trainer/WR Coach AND interim kicker? He was practicing. I bet Burrow would find it funny lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 01:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I have concerns with Seibert.
Dude has missed 6 XPs in just 17 games.
Only hit 66% of FGs from 40+.
Bullock actually had a higher FG% than Seibert last year too.

Perhaps there really wasn't a better option on such short notice though.

Bullock is actually very accurate! He's 2nd accurate to Graham, and I think 1st accurate in franchise history for min. attempts if he didn't cramp - lol? Thought I read that. 

He just has learned to manage his hook I guess? I always tell my Dad watch this, it may end up down the middle but it didn't start there.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 01:43 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Bullock is actually very accurate! He's 2nd accurate to Graham, and I think 1st accurate in franchise history for min. attempts if he didn't cramp - lol? Thought I read that. 

He just has learned to manage his hook I guess? I always tell my Dad watch this, it may end up down the middle but it didn't start there.

Problem with Bengals is they haven't had a K who can be relied on when needed the most.
Graham, Nugent, and Bullock have all had issues with being clutch and/or accurate with deep kicks.

Why can't we just get a K who is like Tucker, Vinatieri, or Gostkowski in their prime?!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Those guys come 2-3 times in a generation.

I wish we were like other teams that scored so many TDs it didn't matter if their kicker was good...lol, sigh.

But yeah regardless of his stats, I have no trust in Randy and it's no sure thing for whatever reason, maybe it's the hook/slice.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 01:52 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Those guys come 2-3 times in a generation.

I wish we were like other teams that scored so many TDs it didn't matter if their kicker was good...lol, sigh.

But  yeah regardless of his stats, I have no trust in Randy and it's no sure thing for whatever reason, maybe it's the hook/slice.

Yep.

I don't have confidence in him either, but I also won't have confidence in Seibert either unless/until he makes a bunch of kicks throughout the year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 12:23 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Bengals claim Seabert for some fat Randy insurance. I like it. Young guy with potential.

BULLOCK IS INJURED FOR THURSDAY NIGHT....It happened on his last kick and why he missed it.  He had made all his kicks in game, but on last one he pulled leg muscle striding into the kick and limped off the field injured. I don't know it it is hamstring, but it looked bad and why he missed kick after making his others. 

Enter Seabert just cut by Browns who missed a kick by a mile Sunday.  Shanked it Far Right.  So Cleveland cut him, and he was a cheap short travel time to bring in from Cleveland to play against Cleveland.  

Now Seibert scored the most kicker points in College Division 1 history as an Oklahoma Sooner, per Wikipedia.  Drafted 5th round by Browns in 2019.  Made 25 of 30 for Browns in 2019.  At Oklahoma and Browns he makes about 80 % of his field goals.  His NFL longest is 53 yards. He had 30 touchbacks on kick offs for Browns.  He was also the Punter his 4 years at Oklahoma with 41.7 average.  ...23 Years Old. 

So Bengals brought in a kicker to replace injured Bullock for now.  He was easy to bring in, he never left Ohio.  

Those of you packing Bullock bags to leave, you don't have that power.  The idea that Browns cut Seibert for missing kicks Sunday, so he must be GREAT, doesn't jive.   All we have here is Bullock got injured, with game Thursday Bengals needed a kicker, so they added this guy just fired who was close to Cincinnati.   And that is all it is.   Does not mean Bullock is leaving or Seibert is staying. 

Now, would I like to see him get fired by Cleveland Monday and beat Cleveland on Thursday, YES, YES and YES.....GO BENGALS. 

If he kicks Thursday like he did Sunday, Y'all will want him fired on Friday. Sometimes from Browns you get a Paul Brown or Forrest Gregg and sometimes you bring back a guy HUE never won in Cleveland. Lets just say it is too early for this kicker to be looking for a house to buy in Cincy area.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Being a kicker must suck. You do your job effectively and efficiently 99% of the time and nothing. You make one mistake... lynch this man!!!
Reply/Quote
Zac confirmed Randy is kicking on Thursday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 02:59 PM)pally Wrote: Zac confirmed Randy is kicking on Thursday

Did Randys bad leg confirm it ?   They added a back-up for a reason.  If Randy is limping, that is bad news for a kicker.  Give the back-up some practice reps with center and holder.  

Many on here don't even watch Bengals games.  Bullock made his other kicks, but on last one he pulled a ham string or something as he went to kick it.  Otherwise he makes that kick.  He was OK, and then limping as he kicked it, and limping off field.  

So if Randy still limping Thursday, warm up the back-up brought in all the way from Ohio.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
This doesn't mean Bullock is seriously injured. It just put a scare into the team - what if he aggravates the injury in the middle of the game Thursday, what then? Just insurance. And I seriously doubt it's to put Bullock on notice either... you don't do that with an obviously worse kicker. It would be nuts to cut Bullock right now.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 03:20 PM)kevin Wrote: Did Randys bad leg confirm it ?   They added a back-up for a reason.  If Randy is limping, that is bad news for a kicker.  Give the back-up some practice reps with center and holder.  

Many on here don't even watch Bengals games.  Bullock made his other kicks, but on last one he pulled a ham string or something as he went to kick it.  Otherwise he makes that kick.  He was OK, and then limping as he kicked it, and limping off field.  

So if Randy still limping Thursday, warm up the back-up brought in all the way from Ohio.

It was either a calf or both calves (injury report lists calves)... and if it's the latter it has to be cramps, not a pull. Odds of pulling both calves at the same time seems astronomical to me. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 02:58 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Being a kicker must suck. You do your job effectively and efficiently 99% of the time and nothing. You make one mistake... lynch this man!!!

Fans of losing teams always think their kicker sucks, even if he doesn't. It's crazy. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 02:58 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Being a kicker must suck. You do your job effectively and efficiently 99% of the time and nothing. You make one mistake... lynch this man!!!

That's why it's called "doing your job"..   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 03:20 PM)kevin Wrote: Did Randys bad leg confirm it ?   They added a back-up for a reason.  If Randy is limping, that is bad news for a kicker.  Give the back-up some practice reps with center and holder.  

think about the timing...Randy was injured late Sunday afternoon. And they play again on Thursday.  They had to be prepared.  If they were playing on Sunday it wouldn't have been much of a concern.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 03:32 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: It was either a calf or both calves (injury report lists calves)... and if it's the latter it has to be cramps, not a pull. Odds of pulling both calves at the same time seems astronomical to me. 

My aunt once sprained both ankles and a knee at the same time.
Reply/Quote
Like I said in the other thread, Seibert has missed 6 extra points in 17 games. Randy has missed 5 in 48 games since they were moved back. Randy has a better FG% to boot (as a Bengal). Get well soon, Randy. That said, I guess we could do worse on a one week rental.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 12:32 PM)pally Wrote: Seibert?  who was just released by the Browns?  So we claimed the guy who missed every field goal and extra point attempt on Sunday and had every kick off fail to make the endzone.  Somehow that doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy.  I wonder who is getting waived or placed on IR to make room for him.  If XSF's ankle is bad enough to miss 3, I would guess he would be the leading candidate for IR

That's just scary bad.

(09-15-2020, 12:40 PM)Whatever Wrote: Kid has a weak leg.  Only 40% of his kickoffs went for touchbacks last year.  Fat Randy was over 60% by comparison.  He was automatic from 40 yards in, but shaky from beyond that.  Basically, he's a poor man's Fat Randy.

Another scary thought.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 12:32 PM)pally Wrote: Seibert?  who was just released by the Browns?  So we claimed the guy who missed every field goal and extra point attempt on Sunday and had every kick off fail to make the endzone.  Somehow that doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy.  I wonder who is getting waived or placed on IR to make room for him.  If XSF's ankle is bad enough to miss 3, I would guess he would be the leading candidate for IR

Thank God Fat Randy is alright from what I just heard...

Sure, he missed the game tying FG, but he also pulled up lame. Not going to hate on him too bad after all the points he has put up 
for us over the years. This Seibert sounds worse than anyone we could bring in from what you say here Pally.
Reply/Quote