Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stepping Up at TE
With the loss of Effect how does this change our offensive game planning? How will Lazor game plan not having one of the best TEs in the game?

We heard that a lot of defenses went to Nickel coverage when we Eifert was in the game, will they still do that with Uzomah lined up outside (or will we even do that anymore?)

Can Kroft and Uzomah step up and fill the void? We all know they cant totally replace Eiferts offensive ability but can they somewhat match his production?

We saw Tyler Kroft grab 7 red zone TDs last year, will he be able to repeat that?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2018, 10:58 AM)corpjet Wrote: With the loss of Effect how does this change our offensive game planning?  How will Lazor game plan not having one of the best TEs in the game?

We heard that a lot of defenses went to Nickel coverage when we Eifert was in the game, will they still do that with Uzomah lined up outside (or will we even do that anymore?)

Can Kroft and Uzomah step up and fill the void?  We all know they cant totally replace Eiferts offensive ability but can they somewhat match his production?

We saw Tyler Kroft grab 7 red zone TDs last year, will he be able to repeat that?

You answered your own question...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Why not bring in Schreck and see what he can add to the mix? He has good measurables and looked good in preseason, I see adding a faster TE in next yrs draft as a priority along with a Right Tackle...but I do like Ozomah and Kroft...both solid and dependable guys.
Not sure what the future is for Eifert, seems too fragile for the position... not to mention some plain bad luck.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2018, 12:38 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Why not bring in Schreck and see what he can add to the mix? He has good measurables and looked good in preseason, I see adding a faster TE in next yrs draft as a priority along with a Right Tackle...but I do like Ozomah and Kroft...both solid and dependable guys.
Not sure what the future is for Eifert, seems too fragile for the position... not to mention some plain bad luck.

Marvin was asked on Sirius Thursday how he was going to replace Eifert on the field, and he mentioned Schreck, so I expect him to be activated....
Reply/Quote
Eifert is an All-Pro type talent when healthy. I don't think Kroft is quite at that level but he's a damn good TE in his own right. He and Uzomah/Schreck will do just fine.
Reply/Quote
Still wishing we had picked up Cole Hikutini…. that guy has glue for hands.... (and he's available right now as he is on Zimmer's practice squad...)
Reply/Quote
Sled, you are like SHRacer and his love for Shaq Griffin man. Just let it go with Hikutini lol

To the OP, i still like our guys, Uzi looks big and even a bit more explosive than Kroft out there, Kroft is solid.

I liked what i saw from Schreck in the PS too.

We should draft a gamechanging TE next draft though to go along with a RT, RG and LB early.

Like the look of that Bearcat TE on Cincy's squad. Ogueura or something like that....
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 01:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sled, you are like SHRacer and his love for Shaq Griffin man. Just let it go with Hikutini lol

Well, if you are looking for a blocking TE, you are right, but if you are looking for red zone catches, Coles the guy....
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 05:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, if you are looking for a blocking TE, you are right, but if you are looking for red zone catches, Coles the guy....

Isn't Cole still out there?
Reply/Quote
CJ Uzomah took big steps forward today. It's only a matter of time, before he and Andy have enough trust to give the big man the ball in the Red Zone.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 09:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: CJ Uzomah took big steps forward today.  It's only a matter of time, before he and Andy have enough trust to give the big man the ball in the Red Zone.

He has a few explosive plays already this year. I haven't heard or looked but, how bad is the Kroft foot injury? TE position is taking a big hit so far this year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 09:08 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Isn't Cole still out there?

Vikings practice squad....
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2018, 11:44 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: You answered your own question...

Kroft was open for a TD this game, but Dalton couldn't set his feet due to pressure...so you know they are trying.  And right before Mason Shrek had a false start, he sealed the edge beautifully to spring that long run by Mixon.  

Uzo only got two targets (one was the TE screen, that of course went for 20+ yards...Hey Nate!!!) but he got 44 yards. 

I think our TEs will step up, but the depth is paper thin right now.  
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Kroft was open for a TD this game, but Dalton couldn't set his feet due to pressure...so you know they are trying.  And right before Mason Shrek had a false start, he sealed the edge beautifully to spring that long run by Mixon.  

Uzo only got two targets (one was the TE screen, that of course went for 20+ yards...Hey Nate!!!) but he got 44 yards. 

I think our TEs will step up, but the depth is paper thin right now.  

I'm a Shrek fan.  Guy can really block and really catch.   I'd like to see them really work him into the offense.   We're going to be faced with signing  Eifert, Kroft and Uzama.   At least one of them will have to go.   Having a entrenched Shrek gives us a way to staunch an exodus.
Reply/Quote
We have plenty of good TEs.... even serviceable.. we need to focus more on Ross... if and when AJ is stopped or having a bad day, we are in big trouble.
Reply/Quote