Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Available Linebackers 2019
Got to be a couple worth a phone call?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/linebacker/

I like the look Avery Williamson -26 - PFF #14 LB.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 04:11 PM)LondonWhoDey Wrote: Got to be a couple worth a phone call?

How about "anybody" not on this roster now...
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 04:12 PM)higgy100 Wrote: How about "anybody" not on this roster now...

Kevin Minter?
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 04:16 PM)LondonWhoDey Wrote: Kevin Minter?

I'd take Mike Minter the old safety from the the Panthers to play LB here and better than the dreck we have on the team currently..
Reply/Quote
We have tried bringing in old washed up LBers every off season for the last 5 years, none of them have worked out.

We have two options, draft them or trade for a quality one that still has something in the tank.

The last 5 years of LBer FA signings have been a disaster.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 04:23 PM)corpjet Wrote: We have tried bringing in old washed up LBers every off season for the last 5 years, none of them have worked out.

We have two options, draft them or trade for a quality one that still has something in the tank.

The last 5 years of LBer FA signings have been a disaster.

We draft plenty of them but the problem is they've not drafted an impact LB in the 1st round in over 10 years....All you need is 1 stud who can make plenty of players around him better..
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 04:11 PM)LondonWhoDey Wrote: Got to be a couple worth a phone call?

Ha!  Would take a ton of cash to get him, here.  Here are 3 that are coming off of rookie contracts, that might be more realistic.

Denzel Perryman  age 25, with LAC, UFA

Jordan Hicks  age 27, with Phi, UFA

Cory Littleton  age 25, with LAR, RFA
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
KJ Wright, Avery Williamson.
Along with Devin White or Mack Wilson in the draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 04:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ha!  Would take a ton of cash to get him, here.  Here are 3 that are coming off of rookie contracts, that might be more realistic.

Cut vontaze!
Reply/Quote
Not a great list. A lot of the good ones like Dee Ford and Jadeveon Clowney are 3-4 linebackers who rush the quarterback and would not fit our system. I would love to get C.J Mosley but I doubt the Ravens let him go and doubt we would sign him for the money he would probably command on the open market.
Reply/Quote
Vontaze does need gone, we finally got rid of Pac Man and his antics, Vontaze is next, not to mention the fact he's a shell of the former player he was
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
We need more big, slow guys...who will accept a 1 year deal. Oh and they have to have name recognition!
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 04:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ha!  Would take a ton of cash to get him, here.  Here are 3 that are coming off of rookie contracts, that might be more realistic.

We sign any of these guys we will lose comp picks...stick with the plan!!
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
KJ Wright
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 05:55 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: KJ Wright

You can look at Tier A free agents that we could waive Burfict and sign...but we'll keep Burfict.

It's how the Bengals roll!
Reply/Quote

I didn't notice Hicks in the list. Bring the former Lakota West Firebird back home!
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The love of comp picks baffles me. If you can pick up a decent free agent it’s better than a draft pick that might/unlikely to work out.

Getting to know the top men behind the striped helmets paints a picture of odd decision after odd decision.
Reply/Quote
Plus Jake Elliot is available this year :)
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 06:16 PM)LondonWhoDey Wrote: The love of comp picks baffles me. If you can pick up a decent free agent it’s better than a draft pick that might/unlikely to work out.

Getting to know the top men behind the striped helmets paints a picture of odd decision after odd decision.

For comp picks to really make any kind of difference, they need to start awarding comp picks for the 1st and 2nd rounds.
But I think the entire purpose of them being where they are is so teams will not just remove themselves from FA and just get extra high-round draft picks instead. Unfortunately, the Bengals view picks at the very end of Day 2 and into Day 3 as "great value."

Let me know which comp picks from the past 10 years have worked out for the Bengals so far, I'll wait.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 06:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For comp picks to really make any kind of difference, they need to start awarding comp picks for the 1st and 2nd rounds.
But I think the entire purpose of them being where they are is so teams will not just remove themselves from FA and just get extra high-round draft picks instead. Unfortunately, the Bengals view picks at the very end of Day 2 and into Day 3 as "great value."

Let me know which comp picks from the past 10 years have worked out for the Bengals so far, I'll wait.

I’ve tried googling it, but I can’t find a list. I suspect it’s no one!
Reply/Quote