Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Available Linebackers 2019
Devin White LSU....make it happen.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 06:31 PM)LondonWhoDey Wrote: I’ve tried googling it, but I can’t find a list. I suspect it’s no one!

I'll help...
2008 - Andre Caldwell (Rd 3), Matt Sherry (Rd 6), Angelo Craig (Rd 7), Mario Urrutia (Rd 7)
2009 - Chase Coffman (Rd 3), Bernard Scott (Rd 6), Clinton McDonald (Rd 7), Freddie Brown (Rd 7)
2010 - Roddrick Muckelroy (Rd 4)
2011 - Jay Finley (Rd 7)
2013 - Reid Fragel (Rd 7), TJ Johnson (Rd 7)
2014 - Marquis Flowers (Rd 6), Lavelle Westbrooks (Rd 7)
2015 - Paul Dawson (Rd 3), Marcus Hardison (Rd 4) 
2017 - JJ Dielman (Rd 5), Mason Schreck (Rd 7)
2018 - Darius Phillips (Rd 5), Rod Taylor (Rd 7), Auden Tate (Rd 7)

Out of all those guys, the Bengals have gotten only "meh" production from:
Andre Caldwell (best season was 432 yards, 3 TDs)
Bernard Scott (best season was 380 rush yards, 3 TDs)

So essentially, no quality starters out of 21 players from the past 10 years. At best, you're talking a few backup-worthy guys.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
White would be great but they will probably go O-Line or TE first round. Even DT in round one with the talent this year. I think they should draft another safety and give Williams a try at backer.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 06:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'll help...
2008 - Andre Caldwell (Rd 3), Matt Sherry (Rd 6), Angelo Craig (Rd 7), Mario Urrutia (Rd 7)
2009 - Chase Coffman (Rd 3), Bernard Scott (Rd 6), Clinton McDonald (Rd 7), Freddie Brown (Rd 7)
2010 - Roddrick Muckelroy (Rd 4)
2011 - Jay Finley (Rd 7)
2013 - Reid Fragel (Rd 7), TJ Johnson (Rd 7)
2014 - Marquis Flowers (Rd 6), Lavelle Westbrooks (Rd 7)
2015 - Paul Dawson (Rd 3), Marcus Hardison (Rd 4) 
2017 - JJ Dielman (Rd 5), Mason Schreck (Rd 7)
2018 - Darius Phillips (Rd 5), Rod Taylor (Rd 7), Auden Tate (Rd 7)

Out of all those guys, the Bengals have gotten only "meh" production from:
Andre Caldwell (best season was 432 yards, 3 TDs)
Bernard Scott (best season was 380 rush yards, 3 TDs)

So essentially, no quality starters out of 21 players from the past 10 years. At best, you're talking a few backup-worthy guys.

Thank you, very interesting. No one of real note, agreed.
Reply/Quote
I’ve got an idea... Why not write: what does it matter? On each thread like this. I mean honestly, it really doesn’t matter anymore.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 04:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ha!  Would take a ton of cash to get him, here.  Here are 3 that are coming off of rookie contracts, that might be more realistic.

Denzel Perryman  age 25, with LAC, UFA

Jordan Hicks  age 27, with Phi, UFA

Cory Littleton  age 25, with LAR, RFA

(12-03-2018, 07:01 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: White would be great but they will probably go O-Line or TE first round.  Even DT in round one with the talent this year.  I think they should draft another safety and give Williams a try at backer.

All 3 of the guys I picked are coming off their rookie deals.  Likely the only one that would seem be "untouchable", as far as the Bengals are concerned, would be Littleton.  He's a RFA with 95 tackles so far this year, and will likely warrant a 1st or 2nd round tender.  If the team were to set Burfict free, and sign either Perryman or Hicks to a 5 year deal, the position would be solidified for a good while, and they would also still have all of the rest of their picks to use on a franchise LT, TE, G, etc.

It's blatantly evident that the Bengals have more holes than draft picks, they might as well accept the idea that free agency isn't so much a "necessary evil', as much as it is a valuable resource, when it comes to stocking a team after failing miserably through the draft.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 07:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: All 3 of the guys I picked are coming off their rookie deals.  Likely the only one that would seem be "untouchable", as far as the Bengals are concerned, would be Littleton.  He's a RFA with 95 tackles so far this year, and will likely warrant a 1st or 2nd round tender.  If the team were to set Burfict free, and sign either Perryman or Hicks to a 5 year deal, the position would be solidified for a good while, and they would also still have all of the rest of their 1st picks to use on a franchise LT, TE, G, etc.

It's blatantly evident that the Bengals have more hole than draft picks, they might as well accept the idea that free agency isn't so much a "necessary evil', as much as it is a valuable resource, when it comes to stocking a team after failing miserably through the draft.

Yep for sure. You can't afford to be shopping in the bargain bin if you're not drafting well. 
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 07:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: All 3 of the guys I picked are coming off their rookie deals.  Likely the only one that would seem be "untouchable", as far as the Bengals are concerned, would be Littleton.  He's a RFA with 95 tackles so far this year, and will likely warrant a 1st or 2nd round tender.  If the team were to set Burfict free, and sign either Perryman or Hicks to a 5 year deal, the position would be solidified for a good while, and they would also still have all of the rest of their picks to use on a franchise LT, TE, G, etc.

It's blatantly evident that the Bengals have more holes than draft picks, they might as well accept the idea that free agency isn't so much a "necessary evil', as much as it is a valuable resource, when it comes to stocking a team after failing miserably through the draft.

sounds like a plan!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Gimme the kid coming out of Duke
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I hate to be that guy, but they need to figure out if they're trying to win now or rebuild. If they are looking at shipping out some of their older core, it may be prime cap rolling season for a year or two. Wait until you get a good young core that you can trust, then splurge on A+ FAs. It worked for the jags...for a year anyway. The problem is that the organization failed to splurge in 05 and in 15, or the years immediately following those seasons. It is easy to spot the windows in 20/20 hindsight, but a good GM should have an idea as to when they'll open, right? Imagine an alternate reality where in 2015 they had spent up to cap and "won" free agency. We can dream.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 06:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: Devin White LSU....make it happen.

We pick 13 as of now. By the time it’s all said n done we will probably pick in the top 7. So white n Mack Wilson will be there. But this is the Bengals even though we have the worst LB crew ever they will prob draft a WR to replace Ross because he’s a bust so far n the Bengals love WR more than oline men n WR.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 07:26 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: We pick 13 as of now.   By the time it’s all said n done we will probably pick in the top 7.  So white n Mack Wilson will be there.  But this is the Bengals even though we have the worst LB crew ever they will prob draft a WR to replace Ross because he’s a bust so far n the Bengals love WR more than oline men n WR.

ok pal, it's true we don't draft LB high, but to say we don't "like" drafting OL is crazy, remember how we spent a 1st and 2nd on OTs, traded for a LT and drafted a 1st round C

just because we suck at picking doesn't mean they don't value the position...
Reply/Quote
I'd say go Anthony Barr and draft Devin White, would really inject some energy into the defense
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 06:17 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I hate to be that guy, but they need to figure out if they're trying to win now or rebuild. If they are looking at shipping out some of their older core, it may be prime cap rolling season for a year or two. Wait until you get a good young core that you can trust, then splurge on A+ FAs. It worked for the jags...for a year anyway. The problem is that the organization failed to splurge in 05 and in 15, or the years immediately following those seasons. It is easy to spot the windows in 20/20 hindsight, but a good GM should have an idea as to when they'll open, right? Imagine an alternate reality where in 2015 they had spent up to cap and "won" free agency. We can dream.

This.  It dictates what you do moving forward.......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 04:37 PM)corpjet Wrote: Vontaze does need gone, we finally got rid of Pac Man and his antics, Vontaze is next, not to mention the fact he's a shell of the former player he was

We got rid of Pac Man and our defense has sucked to the point of historical levels. Maybe his play was regressing but he played with passion and he seemed to get in other DBs faces when they were out of position, which is almost every play this year.
Reply/Quote