Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avengers: Age of Ultron?
Anyone else have seen it yet? I went to movie theaters recently and it was an amazing movie in my opinion. Not sure if its as good as the first one, but it was really good.

I liked the part when "Vision" is made.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 11:19 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Anyone else have seen it yet? I went to movie theaters recently and it was an amazing movie in my opinion. Not sure if its as good as the first one, but it was really good.

I'm a huge James Spader fan, so having him do the voice of Utron was pretty cool. I also got a kick out of Hulk's jackhammer punches to Ironman's dome. LOL
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 11:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm a huge James Spader fan, so having him do the voice of Utron was pretty cool. I also got a kick out of Hulk's jackhammer punches to Ironman's dome. LOL

Haha yes Indeed, Hulk is always fun to watch. Tongue

Reply/Quote
Loved it. Marvel is kicking ass with these movies since they fully realize it's just for the fun. DC is trying to be too serious. As Hawkeye says - "We're on a floating city, with tons of robots, and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense." So they just enjoy the hell out of the movie and you feel that way during
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 11:19 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Anyone else have seen it yet? I went to movie theaters recently and it was an amazing movie in my opinion. Not sure if its as good as the first one, but it was really good.

I honestly liked it more than the first. The first had great action sequences, but felt kind of generic in it's plotlines to me. Y'know, like quirky roommates who never get along, but then we all put aside our differences and work as a team to stop the bad guy from outer space. Obviously there was a little more to it, but AoU had a little more depth to it. Sure, "out of control robot" is a cliche, but you sort of understood why it was built. The progression of the twins is understandable and hearkens back to what Stark dealt with in Iron Man. The evacuating of civilians and the reference to a relief program shows the real challenges they face, much like our modern military, in not just killing the bad guy, but "winning the hearts and minds". Yeah, there are great action sequences, but this felt a little less like "there's someone, let's fight him" to me.
Reply/Quote
I thought it was pretty good. As with almost any movie, there are some small plot holes here and there, but I guess I shouldn't take a movie that isn't even based on anything real so seriously LOL It was an entertaining movie though, I haven't been fully disappointed with anything Marvel in quite some time.

I'm pretty excited that they're bringing Thanos into the Avengers storyline.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 11:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm a huge James Spader fan, so having him do the voice of Utron was pretty cool. I also got a kick out of Hulk's jackhammer punches to Ironman's dome. LOL

Avengers: Age of Robert California
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 01:07 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Loved it. Marvel is kicking ass with these movies since they fully realize it's just for the fun. DC is trying to be too serious. As Hawkeye says - "We're on a floating city, with tons of robots, and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense." So they just enjoy the hell out of the movie and you feel that way during

Agreed, they have many more coming out soon as well such as AntMan, etc.

Reply/Quote
I thought it was OK. It was certainly a fun movie. The Marvel CU is tricky though. Winter Soldier showed everyone how these superhero movies can also be high-quality films, action and storytelling. But other movies are certainly fun and action-packed, but the story feels very cookie-cutter-esque.

I guess one should just enjoy the movies for their action and "fun" value, and appreciate the occasional all around high-quality film that pops up every once in a while even more.
Reply/Quote
I also liked the additions of Quick Silver & Scarlet Witch...

Even though when QS dies, it was sad. I liked the addition of him.

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 01:07 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Loved it. Marvel is kicking ass with these movies since they fully realize it's just for the fun. DC is trying to be too serious. As Hawkeye says - "We're on a floating city, with tons of robots, and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense." So they just enjoy the hell out of the movie and you feel that way during

Strange how most people haven't figured out yet that the key to MOST movie success is to make it fun to watch.
Sure you might not win crappy awards that are usually given to the wrong people anyways, but you will stay employed for a very long time and make a lot more money.

Marvel has found the balance between kids/adults.

Make it kid friendly enough parents will take little Timmy to see it but good enough for them to enjoy it too.

Add a few "hide the zucchini" jokes and uber-depressing Black Widow sterilized scenes on top of the action movie....movie for the whole family.
Reply/Quote
I'm looking forward to the next one, but this was a lot of fun. Robert Downey Jr., though, is for the Avengers movies what Hugh Jackman is for the X-Men movies.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Loved it I hope they do another Hulk movie though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I saw it today. It was okay.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote