Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awards the Bengals don't care about
ZT should be a serious Coach of the Year candidate.

JB should be Comeback Player of the Year.

JB should get serious consideration for NFL MVP. If the Bengals beat KC next weekend, that chant needs to start.

The Bengals don't give a crap about these awards, but that doesn't change the fact that they, at the very least, deserve consideration.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burrow should absolutely be in the MVP conversation. I don’t think he should win it necessarily, but his name belongs in the discussion. I get a bit irritated when he is overlooked so much despite being a collegiate national champion and the number one overall draft pick.

Frankly though, he is fueled by it. Let them continue to disrespect him.
Reply/Quote
I don't see how anyone, including Dak, can be in front of him for comeback player of the year. I mean, c'mon man!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:41 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Burrow should absolutely be in the MVP conversation. I don’t think he should win it necessarily, but his name belongs in the discussion. I get a bit irritated when he is overlooked so much despite being a collegiate national champion and the number one overall draft pick.

Because neither of those two mean a single damn thing in the NFL.

Patrick Mahomes wasn't even bowl eligible his final year in college at 5-7.
Russell Wilson had 3 losses his final year, lost the Rose Bowl to Oregon, and went in the 3rd round.
Aaron Rodgers lost the Holiday Bowl to Texas Tech and went 24th overall.
Tom Brady 6th round yada-yada.
Drew Brees was 8-4 his final year in college, lost in the Rose Bowl, and went in the 2nd round.

After yesterday Burrow probably is in the MVP consideration, but before that he was under a 2:1 TD:INT ratio, which isn't great for MVP looks. He probably won't win it because Aaron Rodgers is still tearing it up and has more TD with 10 less INT than Burrow, Brady is having a really good season even at the age of 44 leading in both yards and TDs, and Stafford had to be looking pretty good for MVP chances before throwing 3 INT yesterday. Rodgers probably won't have 40+ TDs, but he'll finish with probably 4-6 INTs, and Brady and Stafford will both likely have 40+ TDs, more yards, and less INT than Burrow. Those are big numbers voters will look at.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 10:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't see how anyone, including Dak, can be in front of him for comeback player of the year. I mean, c'mon man!

The last couple weeks leading up to yesterday the talking heads seemed to be jumping on the burrow bandwagon but we're hesitant to elevate him over Herbert and some other guys due to interceptions.

I think that changes now and this week we'll see some people start to talk about him as one of the NFLs elite.

No matter what happens in the KC game I don't see that changing either.  Should the Bengals win that game I think he starts getting MVP chatter. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:41 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Burrow should absolutely be in the MVP conversation. I don’t think he should win it necessarily, but his name belongs in the discussion. I get a bit irritated when he is overlooked so much despite being a collegiate national champion and the number one overall draft pick.

I think he should be in the running also but what he did in college means really should mean zero in MVP conversation, if that was the case, a player performing at a high level that did not have those type of ncaa honors really should be considered even more for overachieving but my point is what matter is what I player is doing now and how the team is playing.

This weekend game could separate Burrow and Mahomes for that mvp conversation, though I still give Rodgers the add right now over anyone else. 
Reply/Quote
Obviously collegiate achievement is irrelevant to the MVP race.

It should be enough to ensure people remember he exists though. They have no choice this week.
Reply/Quote
Duke Tobin could also very well be up for executive of the year.

He drafted a Pro Bowl WR, brought in a Pro Bowl DE in FA, brought in 2 very good CB’s in Awuzie and Hilton, plus he looks like a genius for taking a shot on Apple, he brought in Ogunjobi who has 7 sacks as a DT, he traded Billy Price for BJ Hill who’s been fantastic, Spain and Reiff were both great signings - particularly the bargain we got on Spain, McPherson looks like a home run in the 5th round, Hubbard has been worth every penny of that contract extension…

That’s a hell of an offseason.

Reply/Quote