Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Awuzie update
(04-17-2023, 08:53 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: That’s good news….I’d still like to bring Apple back as insurance. Awuzie being back from the injury and able to play does not mean he’ll be as productive especially early on. It’d also be nice to be able to ease him back in until he is 100% mentally when it comes to the injury.

The Apple hatred is comical. He was our #1 CB on the 10-0 run, and he's dirt cheap. Of course we need him back. Awuzie got hurt pretty early in the season, so I expect him to be 100%. If we have Awuzie, Hilton, CTB and Apple all ready to go with Davis in the wings, I feel pretty good about the CB position. Draft a good one if he's there, if not go BPA
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 09:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The Apple hatred is comical. He was our #1 CB on the 10-0 run, and he's dirt cheap. Of course we need him back. Awuzie got hurt pretty early in the season, so I expect him to be 100%. If we have Awuzie, Hilton, CTB and Apple all ready to go with Davis in the wings, I feel pretty good about the CB position. Draft a good one if he's there, if not go BPA

id be happy to bring Apple Back.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 12:33 PM)pally Wrote:

Fantastic news. Chido was a top 5 Corner last year until the injury. Still need to add a CB in this Draft but this makes me feel better 
about needing one to contribute right away as a rookie. Would be awesome if Sidney finally stayed healthy with us, as I like the guy 
as a player. Also still think we bring back Apple after the draft and Flowers as well.

Feel we are better off at Safety right now than Corner contrary to some, Lou likes Brick Scott otherwise he wouldn't of brought him in
and Dax Hill could be great and I also like Tycen, but this makes it less of an immediate need if at all right now.
Reply/Quote
[Image: fhjexjgdc1deroh0mtej.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would still bring back Apple at the right price. He is not a bad CB.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 09:43 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I would still bring back Apple at the right price.   He is not a bad CB.

Yeah I completely agree. He was dirt cheap and he stepped right into that #1 corner role. I think his positives definitely outweigh his negatives. 
Reply/Quote
Apple is better than Sidney Jones, Ivey, or Davis, no question. For next year, probably Turner, too.

If we extend Burrow, Higgins, and Wilson, the cap could get pretty tight.
Reply/Quote