Larry O
27.59%
8 27.59%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B.J Hill or Larry O
My NFL fandom clock is working overtime trying to get me focused on free agency. Clearly the mind isn't used to the season still ongoing this late. Kinda like a battered QB seeing ghost in a clean pocket. I got happy feet!

So maybe this is a discussion for later, but I am not sure we can sign both back. I almost think BJ has played better. Thoughts?

If we only sign one, which one should get the extension?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
There's nothing that says we'll sign either one.. The FO could go with draftees, other FA's or maybe both or all 3 options.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I dunno, Larry was quite disruptive up the gut all season long.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I think Ogunjobi was a little better, but Hill could be the one re-signed because he might be cheaper.

I'd like to bring back Larry, but BJ played very well this year.

With what we are already paying Reader we can't drop a ton of money on DT in free agency.
Reply/Quote
Completely depends on price for me. Larry O was better, but only marginally. If you can re-sign one of the other for cheaper then go with that option.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
as others have said it may be neither. Suh is a free agent as well.
Reply/Quote
BJ Hill all day.
Guy has been a far better run defender, and he's had the same number of sacks in fewer pass rushing snaps (inc. playoffs).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Id take both but I'd structure their deals so that one is more front loaded, probably Hill, and one is more backloaded so the total number in any given year isn't a detriment to us.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 04:45 PM)grampahol Wrote: There's nothing that says we'll sign either one.. The FO could go with draftees, other FA's or maybe both or all 3 options.. 

We have the money to sign both, but do we really need both? BJ was considered a backup but he can clearly start. 

I'd like some of the FA money to go towards the Oline, and the draft isn't very deep at DT. Although some did shine in the Seniorbowl. 

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 04:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think Ogunjobi was a little better, but Hill could be the one re-signed because he might be cheaper.

I'd like to bring back Larry, but BJ played very well this year.

With what we are already paying Reader we can't drop a ton of money on DT in free agency.

True, we have ton of money tied up across the Dline.

Reply/Quote
With the Bengals in the Superbowl, our FA's are going to get huge offers elsewhere.

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 05:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: True, we have ton of money tied up across the Dline.

well it seems to be worth it
Reply/Quote
I don’t see us getting either back but Bj is probably more realistic but Larry is the guy I’d want. I think both are getting poached in FA tho. Shelvin and a draft pick is what my gut says we’ll do.

Honestly with Reader Trey and Hubbard ballin that DT2 spot can probably just be a stopgap guy.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 05:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well it seems to be worth it

It has been worth it. Now if we can tie some money up across the other line and get the same results....... 

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 05:09 PM)Housh Wrote: I don’t see us getting either back but Bj is probably more realistic but Larry is the guy I’d want. I think both are getting poached in FA tho. Shelvin and a draft pick is what my gut says we’ll do

We have no 3 tech on the roster if both leave so Shelvin does nothing for us as he's a NT/1T.
Reply/Quote
I love both of them but I think BJ gets the nod because of that int vs the Chiefs. Possibly one of the best plays in Bengals franchise history based on the situation.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
I would just like to point out that our DTs last year were horrible.  They were just as bad as our OGs.

And this year we end up with DT being one of the best units on the team.  It was like the difference between night and day with Reader/Ogunjobi/ Hill/Tuopu compared to the DTs who played the most snaps last year (Mike Danials/Xavier Williams/Margus Hunt/Christian Covington).  Covington actually just had a career season with the Chargers, but the other three who combined to play almost 1000 snaps for us last year (957) barely saw the field this season (combined 241 snaps).  Geno played 119 snaps out of position at NT last year and was invisible (1 tkl).

By far the most improved unit on the entire team.  And I guarantee Hubbard and Hendrickson would not have had close to 21.5 sacks with the DTs from last year.
Reply/Quote
BJ Hill has had more production with less snaps. It would be nice if we could see if he could maintain his production while seeing the bulk of the snaps, like Ogunjobi had.

Overall, I'd like to see both of them back, but I get it....this may not be possible while also trying to buy an offensive line.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
From what I've seen this year Larry Ogunjobi is more talented but BJ Hill is more consistent. I could go either way if the Bengals could only sign one...

A name to keep an eye on is Saints David Onyemata who could be a cap casualty. Also don't count out a possible DT at 32 like Perrion Winfrey or Devonte Wyatt two Senior Bowl standouts and Duke loves his Senior Bowl guys.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 04:55 PM)kronadon Wrote: as others have said it may be neither. Suh is a free agent as well.

Suh will be 35 next year and his production is dropping.  He has been a damn good player over his career and might squeeze out another good year or two.  But it is too big of a chance for me.

No thanks.
Reply/Quote