Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B J Hill the next Wallace Gilberry
We signed Gilberry off the street after he was cut and we got Hill in a trade for a player who did nothing but stink here.

Gilberry became a key player on our defense with 14 sacks over his first two seasons with the Bengals.

Today Hill got two sacks today.

Our DTs were just as bad, if not worse, then our OGs last year.  Love seeing BJ step up like this.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We signed Gilberry off the street after he was cut and we got Hill in a trade for a player who did nothing but stink here.

Gilberry became a key player on our defense with 14 tackles over his first two seasons with the Bengals.

Our DTs were just as bad, if not worse, then our OGs last year. Love seeing BJ step up like this.

That trade is looking really solid early.
Reply/Quote
Pretty good analogy with Gilberry, who was pretty under the radar when we got him. Hill looked great today big time. Certainly helps losing Ossai for the season seem a lot less impactful. Hendrickson looked good too, thats why they kept holding him lol.
Reply/Quote
What an absolute steal! This IDL rotation looks pretty good so far.
Reply/Quote
#65 was a beast all game long. Unfortunately hill is also a free agent as well as well as #22 . I'm too buzzed to spell their names right now. D played well dispite being on the field too long today.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:04 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote:  Unfortunately hill is also a free agent as well as well as #22 . 

Damn, man, can't believe how hard you work to find something to complain about.

Some o the very best players in the league are free agents next year.  But most fans are celebrating their great play instead of complaining about where they might be in 2022.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We signed Gilberry off the street after he was cut and we got Hill in a trade for a player who did nothing but stink here.

Gilberry became a key player on our defense with 14 tackles over his first two seasons with the Bengals.

Our DTs were just as bad, if not worse, then our OGs last year. Love seeing BJ step up like this.

Do you mean 14 sacks?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sure hope so. Having a Gilberry type backup to rotate in and get great production is a good change from having paper thin depth.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
There will be only one Dingleberry...

(on the Bengals, anyways).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: That trade is looking really solid early.

Indeed

Let's hope it still does down the road.
Reply/Quote
Hill did more today than Price did his entire career as a Bengal. Lol. Great trade. The dude was active all day and pushed the pocket. The D Line was awesome. Brought pressure and shut down Dalvin Cook.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing 75-80% of Gilberry's sacks were secondary sacks or scramble sacks. Hill was straight up beating people today. Gilberry didn't do a lot of that as a Bengal.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:58 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: There will be only one Dingleberry...

(on the Bengals, anyways).

You beat me to it....I will be trying to do your PFF posts, but won't have your stylistic grace coming up with classics like Dingleberry.  

Reminded me of how ESPN used to always throw in how Dick Trickle would almost always come in last, but they would mention him just to be able to say his name.

Of course, ESPN is too politically correct now to have fun like that, but man did I used to love "The Big Show" with Patrick and Olberman.

I actually met Dingleberry (didn't call him that) at that cool little area in Covington right next to the water.  He was having a sweet Mercedes G-wagon valet parked as we were waiting to eat at that Brio (or was it Bravo?).  Anyways, he saw me looking at his rims and we chatted cars for a bit.  Nice guy.  My buddies were all teasing me about how I was such a huge Bengals fan and he said to my friends:  "We need more guys like that".  Haha.  
Reply/Quote
This rotation we have going is fun to watch. This trade really paid off too. Great game from Hill.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 11:20 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Hill did more today than Price did his entire career as a Bengal. Lol. Great trade. The dude was active all day and pushed the pocket. The D Line was awesome. Brought pressure and  shut down Dalvin Cook.

So damn true. Rep to you have a great day good sir
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 11:20 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Hill did more today than Price did his entire career as a Bengal. Lol. Great trade. The dude was active all day and pushed the pocket. The D Line was awesome. Brought pressure and shut down Dalvin Cook.

Yeah, Hill was already a good young player that they deemed as not a part of their future due to their depth at the position. It was a very smart move to trade for Hill and continue bolstering the Dline which is now seemingly a strength of this team.
Reply/Quote
Dave Gettlemen keeps on making Hill
For Price like trades he will out the door as,GM
Im going to give Tobin props. He really
For over on Gettlemen on this
Reply/Quote
You can tell that Hill has worked hard in the offseason and is in great shape.Thia defense is fun to watch.They’re only going to get better.
Reply/Quote

Our DTs were just as bad, if not worse, then our OGs last year.  Love seeing BJ step up like this.

Hills 2 sacks are even more impressive when you realize he only played 24 snaps

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Do you mean 14 sacks?

Yes, 14 sacks.

Rep for catching the typo.
Reply/Quote