Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B/R ranks Bengals QB supporting cast #1
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2497811-power-ranking-every-nfl-quarterbacks-supporting-cast

... I really don't care what the article says, or that's is by the Bleacher Report, I just wanted my first thread to be inevitable chaos of idiotic proportions. Don't let me down usual suspects.
Reply/Quote
Paging Brownshoe...
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I refuse to do "slide shows".

Can someone please give me the complete rankings?
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 08:11 PM)Stormborn Wrote: http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2497811-power-ranking-every-nfl-quarterbacks-supporting-cast

... I really don't care what the article says, or that's is by the Bleacher Report, I just wanted my first thread to be inevitable chaos of idiotic proportions. Don't let me down usual suspects.

I am a Bengal's lover, but this starts losing credibility when they suggest moving Fisher to LT (starting) and Whittworth to a guard.

They do rank our OL high, but I am not as high on our OL as others. I think we are a top 10 OL, but I see a major weakness when we are forced to pass and our QB has to take 5 and 7 step drops. The line does not hold up, but does great if AD releases the ball around 2 seconds.

I know I have seen other sites that don't have us top 10 so this is quite different.

Please share their defensive rankings as well so we can see then too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 08:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I refuse to do "slide shows".

We are ranked number 1, Steelers number 2, Browns at 8 and Ravens at #10.

Other notables the have the Loins ranked 16

Atlanta ranked 29 I believe which was interesting

They have Titans top 5 I believe
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 08:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I refuse to do "slide shows".

http://deslide.clusterfake.net/

There are also extensions, but I can't seem to get the Chrome one to work for me right now. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well, this ranking says the Bengals backfield is tied for 2nd best in the league...so we like it?
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 09:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, this ranking says the Bengals backfield is tied for 2nd best in the league...so we like it?

Prior to Andy Dalton coming to cincinnati, everyone would love that people are giving our offense props but since many of the hardcore homers have put Dalton on a pedestal they probably will claim the article is wack and our offense isn't really that good. They will then make excuses for Dalton to ensure that the reason the Bengals are mediocre on offense is because of the coach, injuries, players, weather, etc.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 08:11 PM)Stormborn Wrote: http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2497811-power-ranking-every-nfl-quarterbacks-supporting-cast

Now if McCarron can just get the most out of them.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Yay another Andy thread. I can barely contain my enthusiasm.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 09:49 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Prior to Andy Dalton coming to cincinnati, everyone would love that people are giving our offense props but since many of the hardcore homers have put Dalton on a pedestal they probably will claim the article is wack and our offense isn't really that good. They will then make excuses for Dalton to ensure that the reason the Bengals are mediocre on offense is because of the coach, injuries, players, weather, etc.

Nothing has changed since Andy arrived.  The haters today are the same as the haters back then.  

And they would have been the first ones to claim that the Bengals were not that talented.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 10:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Nothing has changed since Andy arrived.  The haters today are the same as the haters back then.  

And they would have been the first ones to claim that the Bengals were not that talented.

I think they overvalue OL, and undervalue RBs, and TEs; but next year we will have one of the most talented offense in the league imo. I'm just not sold on the #1 spot.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 10:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yay another Andy thread. I can barely contain my enthusiasm.

Well get used to 'em bub.  Once the season starts, you guys will have your hands full modding all the Dalton threads.  Yee Haw!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote

LMAO!

More vindication.

But I wouldn't put Dalton's supporting cast at #1. That has to go to Romo, but the Bengals offensive talent is way up above the average, even in a down year. Heck Hill and the OL carried this offense for several weeks. Matt Ryan would drool for a month if he had our OL and RBs.

Thanks MrRager for the deslide link.

I'd have Dallas as #1 and Seattle is much higher on my list.

Reply/Quote
This thread has failed me.

Shit article, bagging on Andy, this should be a gold mine.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 11:41 PM)BengalChris Wrote:  Matt Ryan would drool for a month if he had our OL and RBs.

Matt Ryan had the #2 running game in the entire league his rookie season.

Last year was the first time Dalton had had a running game that ranked higher than 22nd in yards per carry, but his receiving corps was busted up with injuries.
Reply/Quote
I agree with this list we have a very good Offensive line, a great WR with a solid supporting cast, and two outstanding RBs. I don't think its a shot at Andy to say Andy's supporting cast is great. Lets not forget that Andy has put up some decent numbers in his career & has led a team to 4 straight playoffs in his first 4 seasons as well. So anybody that says Andy flat out sucks is full of crap.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 12:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Matt Ryan had the #2 running game in the entire league his rookie season.

Last year was the first time Dalton had had a running game that ranked higher than 22nd in yards per carry, but his receiving corps was busted up with injuries.

True,  but that was a long time ago and he hasn't had much since and his OL is a siv.

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 02:03 AM)BengalChris Wrote: True,  but that was a long time ago and he hasn't had much since and his OL is a siv.

But he had Julio Jones, Roddy White , and Tony Gonzales.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 02:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But he had Julio Jones, Roddy White , and Tony Gonzales.

He had Devin Hester last year too. He's a good #3, and a really good return man.
Reply/Quote