Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BATTLE FOR OHIO THIS WEEKEND
Before you say, " So What ".....Let me say if Bengals can get to 1-3 on the season it sets up a chance to get to 2-3 the next week which is just one game under .500 and a chance to save the season. Of course, we have to beat Cleveland to set this up. Now NFL experts in Fantasy Football are seeing huge weeks out of Bengals Defense, Dalton, Mixon, AJ Green. This all sound Great, Super, Fantastic until I remember that we are 0-3. I hope we do beat Cleveland and set up a chance to get to 2-3 the next week. If we lose to Cleveland we are at 0-4 and both of those things are pretty bad. So I will be watching and rooting for my Bengals Sunday because we need this win. If we can string together some wins, we can save this season, but we NEED this win. ....GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I keep telling myself we made the playoffs when we were 3-5 in 2012. I don't think that will happen again though. I would be a lot more hopeful if we were 1-2.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 03:37 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I keep telling myself we made the playoffs when we were 3-5 in 2012. I don't think that will happen again though. I would be a lot more hopeful if we were 1-2.

My hopes hinge on the fact we do have a good defense.  We seem to have improved on Nugent.  We have weapons on offense and if we can just get the offense going and hopefully the new OC Lazor can do that.  Climbing to 2-3 on the season is very possible, but only if we beat Cleveland.  Of course if we lose and fall to 0-4, forget about it.   If we are to salvage this season, this is a HUGE game. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
so what..2.9%
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Beating Cleveland should be a simple matter but it's not. I'm hoping for a YUGE Cincinnati win that kicks the team into a long winning streak.
Reply/Quote
I'll be mildly entertained while watching to see which team sucks slightly less than the other one. Just don't give me another tie marv
Reply/Quote
Yeah, IF we win...It's kind of like winning the NIT.

Yay us! We aren't the worst...Yay!
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 03:19 PM)kevin Wrote: Before you say, " So What ".....Let me say if Bengals can get to 1-3 on the season it sets up a chance to get to 2-3 the next week which is just one game under .500 and a chance to save the season.  Of course, we have to beat Cleveland to set this up.  Now NFL experts in Fantasy Football are seeing huge weeks out of Bengals Defense, Dalton, Mixon, AJ Green.  This all sound Great, Super, Fantastic until I remember that we are 0-3.  I hope we do beat Cleveland and set up a chance to get to 2-3 the next week.  If we lose to Cleveland we are at 0-4 and both of those things are pretty bad.  So I will be watching and rooting for my Bengals Sunday because we need this win.  If we can string together some wins, we can save this season, but we NEED this win. ....GO BENGALS.

I could be snarky and say.. lucky Toledo has no Pro team or  maybe the Bengals and Browns both  get beat?
It's been a LONG time since the Browns were GOOD.  Lose THIS and......it's a real big red flag.
Reply/Quote
Hue will let Marvin win to save his job because their buddies.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 08:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hue will let Marvin win to save his job because their buddies.

More likely Marvin would let Hue win to save his job.  Marvin's damn near bullet proof, but Hue has a 1-18 record.  Promising or not, he can't last forever unless he starts winning some games.  And, what's one more loss to Marvin at this point?  Just another "Don't worry, Marvin, we'll get'em next time" pep talk from the old man.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Could have the makings of an ugly game.

Yet somehow, someway, just do not see the Bengals losing this one.

Marvin and Hue agree to switch teams after season at dinner the night before.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
we just took G.B. into OT in G.B.
we're not all that bad folks....
the Offense has to move the chains, control the clock/tempo....
be more aggressive....
final score should be

Bengals 30
Browns 14
Reply/Quote
I think we win this one, but I don't think it's possible to start a playoff tear by beating a team that's won a single game in damn near 2 years.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 11:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think we win this one, but I don't think it's possible to start a playoff tear by beating a team that's won a single game in damn near 2 years.

Actually this is the very team we need to beat and the last team we can afford to lose to.  If we can beat Cleveland that sets up hopefully beating Bills in THE JUNGLE and 2-3.  That then sets up going to Pittsburg and trying to get to 3-3 and 2-1 in the AFC North. .....but none of this can happen if we lose to Cleveland.  So you do have to win one game before you can string some wins together.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Rookie QB in must win game for Browns at their place.

Their rookie this year is a lot better than Johnny Football.

Mixon needs to have a really big game for Bengals to win. I don't see it happening with our offensive line.

Browns 21- Bengals 10.
Reply/Quote
Go Bengals!
Reply/Quote