Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BD Mock Draft 1.0
It's been over 5 years since I've posted a mock on the boards. I fell out of it after seeing what happened to the draft section on the main boards. Now, I feel ready to get back to posting my completely pointless predictions as to what I think the Bengals do.

So here's my thoughts.

1. Josh Doctson, WR-TCU
We need to find a replacement for Marvin Jones. I know that we're looking at Brandon LaFell right now, but we need a long term solution. I know some say that you don't take a #2 WR in the first, but I don't agree with that thought process. The contract will be a small one. Doctson has a big catch radius and he can make some very impressive catches. Him and AJ will make for a nice 1-2 punch for Dalton.

2. Vernon Butler, DT-Louisiana Tech
I am one of those big advocates for a DT in the 1st since I think the talent is too good to pass up, but some DTs will drop. I can see Butler making it to our 2nd round pick. He's a big guy that can replace Peko's role. One of the impressive things for Butler is he played all over the DL at LA Tech. He can offer up a pass rush on 3rd downs while playing the NT spot.

3.Bronson Kaufusi, DE-BYU
Here's a guy that fits the DE mold that this team loves. Some scouts have said that this guy looks like an NBA power forward (Hobson has also used this description towards our DEs). He has a long wing span to help with knocking passes down at the line. He does need to work on his pass rush as he tends to be too straight-linish when blitzing.

4. Graham Glasgow, OC/OG-Michigan
Glasgow is a guy who has made some bad choices in his life, but has turned himself around. ESPN ran a video about his grandmother living with him during his Senior year to help square him up. He's not the most physically gifted guy, so he'll need to work on that. He should provide actual competition to Bodine, but he offers up something else for us. Glasgow started 37 games at center for Michigan, but he's viewed as a potential guard. I can see the Bengals rolling with him as an insurance pick if they can't reach a deal with Zeitler. Not a popular though, but it's something that can happen.

5. Morgan Burns, CB-Kansas State
Burns has made 24 starts at CB for K-State, but that's not where he did his damage. Burns is K-State's all time kick return leader. He has blazing speed and can offer us that returner that we've been waiting for. His knack for actually playing defense will make him tempting since Marvin likes his returners to be able to play a regular position (we didn't take Devin Hester because Marvin didn't know where else they could use him). Burns could earn some time in the dime package.

6. Charone Peake, WR-Clemson
Here's the WR double dip a lot of people are expecting. This may seem unlikely, but WRs always drop since they over-saturate the draft. Peake is a guy who can play outside or inside. He has soft hands and has very good athleticism. This past season is where Peake started practicing and playing consistently and if he keeps it up, he can become a nice addition for us.

7. Josh Forrest, LB-Kentucky
Marvin was at UK's pro day where Forrest was the top guy working out. His stock is all over the place because of how raw he is. He didn't play football until his junior year in high school. He seems like a guy that Marvin would push for.

There's my first mock. I plan on doing more and just trying a lot of different predictions.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Just recently heard about Burns, really liked what I heard and saw and I'm glad people are finding out about him too.
Reply/Quote
I like the Doctson and Butler pick.

Great mock!
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Well I'd be totally excited if we had the good fortune to have this draft.  Addresses most of our team needs.  Thanks for the addition of Burns.   I've not been looking too hard at CBs and I had not heard of him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 06:22 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Just recently heard about Burns, really liked what I heard and saw and I'm glad people are finding out about him too.

(03-24-2016, 10:47 AM)3wt Wrote: Well I'd be totally excited if we had the good fortune to have this draft.  Addresses most of our team needs.  Thanks for the addition of Burns.   I've not been looking too hard at CBs and I had not heard of him.

I started researching CBs when it seemed like we might take one high. I scrolled through a bunch of players before coming across Burns. When I saw the return abilities, I became a bigger fan of the guy.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Really like this Mock Bengal Dude.

I was going to say i love the first 4 picks but then it went to where i like every pick on down the line.

Doctson, Butler is a great start. Love both of these players.

Kaufusi is a name not many have been puttin out in their mocks but he has lots of talent. I actually believe he was a basketball player.

Need a Center badly, nice.

Burns is intriguing, want to get another Returner and one that can also play another position like CB would be even nicer.

Don't know much about Peake but sounds good.

That sure would be cool to get Forrest in the 7th and with his rawness it could happen.

Great Mock! Wink
Reply/Quote
I really like this mock and would have no....

I really like this mock and would have no problem if this happened. I have my eyes more on DE in Rd 1 as I think most of the top WRs will be gone, but this is well-researched and would improve our team.

:)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote