Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BD Mock Draft 2.0
I debated about whether to do a trade or not since it's being talked about through some media heads, but I'm just going to play it safe and not factor in a trade down.

1. Vernon Butler-DT, LA Tech
I had Butler as my 2nd round pick in my first version, but his stock is on the rise. Butler would be the quintessential Peko replacement. He could learn under Peko for a year and then Peko will ride off in the sunset (or sign a 3 year extension). Butler is a great run defender and has show some ability to get after the QB.

2. Tyler Boyd-WR, Pittsburgh
Not the sexiest WR pick, but Boyd can move between outside and the slot. His best role in the NFL would be similar to Jarvis Landry. He needs to add a little size to his frame, but he is tough over the middle. Has a great ability to twist in the air and adjust to the placement of the ball.

3. Matt Judon-DE, Grand Valley State
The obvious knock on Judon is his school. Yes he played D-2 ball, but he has the look and play style that we look for in our DEs. He led the nation (all levels) with 20 sacks last season. Judon can dip under OTs and get to the QB as well as break down to defend the run. Has shown the ability to chase down RBs.

4. Sean Davis, DB-Maryland
We just recently met with Davis and his skill set is a little similar to Josh Shaw. Davis is better at safety, but he played CB last season so Randy Edsall could have his 4 best DBs on the field. David mainly played FS, but his best asset is hitting. He can cover the line of scrimmage and he has amazing straight line speed for a safety. He would probably play gunner his first year and be a potential replacement if Shawn Williams falters.

5. Isaac Seumalo, OC/OG-Oregon State
Who'd our OL coach? Paul Alexander. What does he like? Versatility. Hello, Isaac Seumalo. Seumalo has played LT, OC, RG, and RT for the Beavers. His draft stock comes down to how his foot checks out in medical tests. He broke it in his 2013 bowl game and had to sit out 2014. He played RG and LT last season. His shorter arm length projects him to play inside in the NFL. He has experience at center so he'd most likely be our backup plan to replacing Bodine or Zeitler in the future.

6. Paul McRoberts, WR-Southeast Missouri State
Another small school guy who some fans won't be happy with. He's projected between the 4th and priority free agent. McRoberts has the ability to go up and get the ball and has a great catch radius. He'll need to work on physicality since DBs can pretty much knock him off his job and get in his head. He has some experience as a punt returner.

7. DeAndre Washington, RB-Texas Tech
Washington is a small guy at 5'8'' and 204 pounds. However, he is a shifty player. He ran for almost 1500 yards last season at Tech. He isn't the fastest guy, but he has some room to add some weight in order to break more tackles. Washington can make a name for himself in the return game. He's another guy who has a little kick return experience so that could be another way for him to contribute. A lot of scouts at the Senior Bowl said that he reminded them a little of Giovani Bernard. Washington could be an insurance pick if Bernard leaves after this upcoming season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Very realistic. I would be very happy with this draft but would be meh on some of the picks as i usually
am when we draft. Love the Butler pick obviously, would rather have Billings but that is not a knock on
Butler, Billings's just blows people up and reminds me of Geno Atkins. Austin Johnson and Ridgeway are
a couple other DT's that jump off the screen at me.

The Tyler Boyd pick is very realistic and i love it as well. He is big, fast, has good hands and can Return
punts as he shown in college. If we don't draft Michael Thomas in the first as i am predicting this guy is
great in the 2nd. I don't think Shepard will be there. I have Thomas falling to us in my newest mock but
i could see us liking him so much we don't chance it and take him at 24.

Judon is another pick i love and is very realistic. Happy about getting another pass rusher. Fits our Ends.

Like the Sean Davis pick and after this the draft kinds of gets meh like it normally does.

Although i do like the Washington pick. Must just not be as fast as Ervin so that is why he falls.

Great realistic mock Bengal Dude. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Butler to me seems like the most logical prediction if all their 1st round WRs are gone.
Reply/Quote
It's good, the top 4 picks offer a lot of potential and then your remaining 3 picks offer up potential solid depth in the event that we lose Zeitler and/or Gio.
Reply/Quote
Great draft BD. I'd be very happy with this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 08:53 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Butler to me seems like the most logical prediction if all their 1st round WRs are gone.

Honestly, Butler is starting to become my dark horse pick at #24. A lot of "expert" mocks have him going anywhere between the mid 1st and mid 2nd. However, he's gaining steam. He's getting a lot of Peko comparisons and we know how the coaches view Peko. He'd spend a year under Peko's wing and then take over the following year.

I'm even leaning towards us taking him even if some certain WRs are still on the board.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 03:42 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Honestly, Butler is starting to become my dark horse pick at #24. A lot of "expert" mocks have him going anywhere between the mid 1st and mid 2nd. However, he's gaining steam. He's getting a lot of Peko comparisons and we know how the coaches view Peko. He'd spend a year under Peko's wing and then take over the following year.

I'm even leaning towards us taking him even if some certain WRs are still on the board.

Butler in 1 and Shepard in 2 sounds good to me !
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 03:42 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Honestly, Butler is starting to become my dark horse pick at #24. A lot of "expert" mocks have him going anywhere between the mid 1st and mid 2nd. However, he's gaining steam. He's getting a lot of Peko comparisons and we know how the coaches view Peko. He'd spend a year under Peko's wing and then take over the following year.

Yep. Only reason why you'd think they wouldn't consider him is lack of power 5 competition, but Butler could've gone SEC and turned them down to play at home. So he was talented enough to at the start.

He just fits everything they like assuming his character is in order. Size, experience, versatility. I would not mind him at 24 at all.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 04:58 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Yep. Only reason why you'd think they wouldn't consider him is lack of power 5 competition, but Butler could've gone SEC and turned them down to play at home. So he was talented enough to at the start.

He just fits everything they like assuming his character is in order. Size, experience, versatility. I would not mind him at 24 at all.

Butler is from Mississippi and had offers from the surrounding area. Ole Miss, Miss St, So. Miss, UL-Lafayette, and Memphis all offered him. Keep in mind, he was a 270 pound DE during recruiting. The main thing I'm seeing is that he played as a true freshman at LA Tech. The other schools probably wanted him to redshirt. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen something like that play a big role in recruitment.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 05:05 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Butler is from Mississippi and had offers from the surrounding area. Ole Miss, Miss St, So. Miss, UL-Lafayette, and Memphis all offered him. Keep in mind, he was a 270 pound DE during recruiting. The main thing I'm seeing is that he played as a true freshman at LA Tech. The other schools probably wanted him to redshirt. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen something like that play a big role in recruitment.

Gained 54 pounds of weight and maintained very good balance and athleticism. One of the true dancing bears in this class
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 03:42 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Honestly, Butler is starting to become my dark horse pick at #24. A lot of "expert" mocks have him going anywhere between the mid 1st and mid 2nd. However, he's gaining steam. He's getting a lot of Peko comparisons and we know how the coaches view Peko. He'd spend a year under Peko's wing and then take over the following year.

I've seen him compared to Mohammed Wilkerson, which is closer than the Peko one.

Big fan.
Reply/Quote
I like the first 3 picks and McRoberts. The rest is ok.
Reply/Quote
My concern with Juden is like everyone else's, I guess. How many D-2 OTs play in the NFL? What schools did our OLinemen come from? LSU, UGa, UNC, Wisconsin, Alabama – until recently but now Texas A&M.

But who knows? Maybe Juden really is good enough be effective in the NFL.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 03:45 PM)pulses Wrote: Butler in 1 and Shepard in 2 sounds good to me !

I would love this.

I think Shepard is going to be a stud.  Rather take a DT or DE in first round.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2016, 02:03 AM)Shady Wrote: My concern with Juden is like everyone else's, I guess. How many D-2 OTs play in the NFL? What schools did our OLinemen come from?  LSU, UGa, UNC, Wisconsin, Alabama – until recently but now Texas A&M.

But who knows? Maybe Juden really is good enough be effective in the NFL.

When did Carter get drafted?  The OLB that was our situational pass rusher?

Juden makes me think of a James Harrison. 

Basically, a situational pass rushing SAM. 

Maybe not too bad in a 5th or later round. 
Reply/Quote