Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEAT STEELERS OPENING DAY
I'm not that concerned about Preseason. Cardinals, Giants, Rams. Playing the Rams again in last week of Preseason is a whole lot of nothing. Like all last preseason games, the key is to come out healthy for regular season.

Today is July 13th. Soon it will be time to Focus and Get The Team Ready for the First Regular Season Game. A Battle of Two Play-Off Teams. A RIVAL GAME. A Division Game. So GO AFC CHAMPION BENGALS as they get ready in Training Camp. New Blockers added have to come together as a Solid Unit of an O Line in Training Camp.

So this happens fast this season. Pitt Sux......and...... Tiger Who Dey Tiger

GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Bengals need to get off to a fast start this season, no better way than to beat the Steelers. 38 wins vs 67 losses including 2 playoff losses. Going to take years to even things up for our team. Bengals have won the last three. Longest win streak VS Steelers, 6 (1988-90)

Steelers longest win streak vs Bengals, 11 (2015-2020)                                                                                                                                                

From the little I have read about the steelers from fans is they have improved the defense and expect to be top 5 this year. Bengals new O line going to be tested early with a healthy TJ Watt, we got lucky the games we played last year TJ was beat up and injured. I'm ready to get this season started baby! Lets send them home wondering how it all went so wrong!
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 01:28 AM)kevin Wrote: I'm not that concerned about Preseason.  Cardinals, Giants, Rams.  Playing the Rams again in last week of Preseason is a whole lot of nothing.  Like all last preseason games, the key is to come out healthy for regular season.

Today is July 13th.  Soon it will be time to Focus and Get The Team Ready for the First Regular Season Game.  A Battle of Two Play-Off Teams.  A RIVAL GAME.  A Division Game.   So GO AFC CHAMPION BENGALS as they get ready in Training Camp.  New Blockers added have to come together as a Solid Unit of an O Line in Training Camp.

So this happens fast this season.   Pitt Sux......and...... Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger  

GO BENGALS

A couple things want to see early and often against pitt:  Effective run game and a lot of misdirection/play action.  Catch their LBs in overpursuit.  

Oh, and our defense beating the ever loving crap out of them. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 02:36 AM)WestCoastBengal Wrote: Bengals need to get off to a fast start this season, no better way than to beat the Steelers. 38 wins vs 67 losses including 2 playoff losses. Going to take years to even things up for our team. Bengals have won the last three. Longest win streak VS Steelers, 6 (1988-90)

Steelers longest win streak vs Bengals, 11 (2015-2020)                                                                                                                                                

From the little I have read about the steelers from fans is they have improved the defense and expect to be top 5 this year. Bengals new O line going to be tested early with a healthy TJ Watt, we got lucky the games we played last year TJ was beat up and injured. I'm ready to get this season started baby! Lets send them home wondering how it all went so wrong!

A KEY to this game is that it is the first time in decades that Big Ben is not the Steelers QB, now retired.   Big Ben was a HOF with Super Bowl rings. no doubt about it.  Decades ago the Steelers struggled at QB before Big Ben.  So whoever the Steelers start at QB will not have the timing down yet.  Their new QB has to play The AFC Champion Bengals In Cincinnati.  The Bengals return a Super Bowl Defense, and The Steelers Defense was weak against the run last year. Team ran at will on The Steelers. So the Steelers Defense was not that good last year, and now they no longer have Big Ben at QB.

So I give a huge edge on QB's in this game to Super Joe Burrow.  If the Steelers still have problems against the run and Mixon gains over 100 yards, that will set up Burrow passes to Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Hurst and others. A good day by Mixon sets up what Burrow excels in at LSU and Bengals, getting the ball to the open man hitting many receivers. That is Joe Burrow. Great in a 2 minute HURRY UP drill and can work fast using all his pass options. Run yards by Mixon would slow down the pass rush. Hopefully Bengals Run Block better in 2022 so that Burrow isn't again the most sacked QB in the NFL. Bengals need to put up more Run Yards, and that will slow the pass rush. The Bengals were good at WR's Blocking on the outside in their Super Bowl run, but much improvement needed from Tackle to Tackle and not so weak up The Gut of the field on Run and Pass Blocking. Bengals did FOCUS n this in Free Agency heavy, brining in some Blocking Bell Cows at Center, Right Guard, Right Tackle. Left Tackle brings back Jonah Williams. Which leaves somebody needing to step up at Left Guard in Training Camp. Bengals Blocking Bolstered By Free Agency.

The Bengals bring back a Super Bowl Defense, and a Super Bowl Offense. So I think it is the Steelers without Big Ben now who are the underdog in this game. I look for passes to Steelers WR's to be OFF and the Timing not there yet. That could set up Bengals Defense getting some turnovers.

Mike Thomas and Stanly Morgan are great Blockers at WR and Chase, Higgins, Boyd can Block. The 2021 Bengals were the best group of WR Blockers in Bengals History, and I've seen Bengals since 1968. The average Fan may not have noticed, but these WR Blocks were huge in getting Play-Off Wins to Super Bowl. Also very few Penalties. This is a Well Coached Bengals Team. They don't make all the Delay Of Game and Procedure Penalties going backwards as they did under Marvin, the fewest penalties since Paul Brown was the coach.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Our new OL, Mixon and the RB's need to establish a run game against Pitt and just run it down their throats.

They pretty much ignored the fact that they were a terrible run stopping Defense last season. We went out and got the
players to really punish them in this aspect. Cappa, Karras and Collins are fantastic run blockers and the Steelers Defense
is bad against the run. Punish the bastids.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 01:28 AM)kevin Wrote: I'm not that concerned about Preseason. Cardinals, Giants, Rams. Playing the Rams again in last week of Preseason is a whole lot of nothing. Like all last preseason games, the key is to come out healthy for regular season.

Today is July 13th. Soon it will be time to Focus and Get The Team Ready for the First Regular Season Game. A Battle of Two Play-Off Teams. A RIVAL GAME. A Division Game. So GO AFC CHAMPION BENGALS as they get ready in Training Camp. New Blockers added have to come together as a Solid Unit of an O Line in Training Camp.

So this happens fast this season. Pitt Sux......and...... Tiger Who Dey Tiger

GO BENGALS

Top notch reporting, Kevin.

You’re a true gumshoe regarding the bengals
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 07:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Our new OL, Mixon and the RB's need to establish a run game against Pitt and just run it down their throats.

They pretty much ignored the fact that they were a terrible run stopping Defense last season. We went out and got the
players to really punish them in this aspect. Cappa, Karras and Collins are fantastic run blockers and the Steelers Defense
is bad against the run. Punish the bastids.

This.... if you can't stop the run you still can't win that many games in the NFL.  Should be a long day for Pittsburgh. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Let’s face it - if we lose week one to the Stoolers, as talented and hyped up as this team is and at home - this city will have a mini meltdown.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 08:59 PM)Whacked Wrote: Let’s face it - if we lose week one to the Stoolers, as talented and hyped up as this team is and at home - this city will have a mini meltdown.

The city might have a mini meltdown but this forum will be much more pragmatic. History has taught me that most in this forum are forward-looking and appreciate the big picture. Sorta like in the gameday thread, We might get down by a score or 2 at times but most understand the game is 60 minutes and the season is 17 games...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 09:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The city might have a mini meltdown but this forum will be much more pragmatic. History has taught me that most in this forum are forward-looking and appreciate the big picture. Sorta like in the gameday thread, We might get down by a score or 2 at times but most understand the game is 60 minutes and the season is 17 games...

[Image: 60nsQjbR5y.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
It could be Mason Rudolph, Mitch Trubisky OR Rookie Round One Pick Kenny Pickett in his first game ever.

With Big Ben retired and these QBs now, I like Joe Burrow and AFC CHAMPION BENGALS chances in this one. I'm old enough to remember Lombardi Packers and other good teams. Bengals need to pick up right where they left off winning AFC North and beating Steelers twice, Ravens twice, Raiders twice, Titans, Chiefs twice, and playing Super Bowl Rams tough in February. The Lombardi Packers use to start the seasons like they were still in Championship Mode from last year. I hope Bengals come out Rolling Opening Day. I think because it is The Steelers, The Bengals will BE UP for this game.

Some Mixon and Burrow to Chase, Burrow to Higgins, Burrow to Boyd and whoever replaces Big Ben will be hard pressed to keep up.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 01:28 AM)kevin Wrote: I'm not that concerned about Preseason.  Cardinals, Giants, Rams.  Playing the Rams again in last week of Preseason is a whole lot of nothing.  Like all last preseason games, the key is to come out healthy for regular season.

Today is July 13th.  Soon it will be time to Focus and Get The Team Ready for the First Regular Season Game.  A Battle of Two Play-Off Teams.  A RIVAL GAME.  A Division Game.   So GO AFC CHAMPION BENGALS as they get ready in Training Camp.  New Blockers added have to come together as a Solid Unit of an O Line in Training Camp.

So this happens fast this season.   Pitt Sux......and...... Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger  

GO BENGALS

Needs more blocking..
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 08:15 PM)QueenCity Wrote: This.... if you can't stop the run you still can't win that many games in the NFL.  Should be a long day for Pittsburgh. 

I think they had a great Offseason like us, great FA in addressing their OL problems like us, great draft etc.

But they forgot about run Defense, they need some run stopping DL and we got the run blocking OL.

I think we match up extremely well with them in this aspect.

Just hope the OL has gelled by then. Keep the penalties down, the refs WILL help them out we all know this.

(07-13-2022, 08:59 PM)Whacked Wrote: Let’s face it - if we lose week one to the Stoolers, as talented and hyped up as this team is and at home - this city will have a mini meltdown.

I don't see us losing this game, we will be prepared and will be looking at this game literally for months.

An opener against your Division rival who you hate more than any other team is a game you get up for no matter if you 
swept them the year before. If we lose I bet it is because of the refs and our guys not gelling in time. It is a long season
as Bfine here states. We will get over it if we lose this one and beat the shit out of them the next game.

(07-13-2022, 09:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The city might have a mini meltdown but this forum will be much more pragmatic. History has taught me that most in this forum are forward-looking and appreciate the big picture. Sorta like in the gameday thread, We might get down by a score or 2 at times but most understand the game is 60 minutes and the season is 17 games...

Yes sir. Rock On
Reply/Quote