Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BENGALS BLOCKING
We have a Top Defense, no doubt about that. This Defense should make the play-offs again

We have Andy Dalton at QB who in his first 6 seasons put up very good numbers and is only Bengals QB ever to lead team to 5 straight play-off seasons including his rookie year. He has been in Pro Bowl a few times. I would rank him behind only Ken Anderson and Boomer Esiason in Bengals QB History, and he is closing in on them. So we have a QB and a decent back up in McCarron.

We have AJ Green, and Brandon LaFell and Ross and Boyd and Core and Eifert to throw to.

We have Mixon added to Hill and Bernard to run the ball.

BUT....How do we throw the ball or run the ball if Defenses are coming through our SWISS CHEESE OFFENSIVE LINE as soon as the ball is snapped. With no blocking, you can't run the ball or pass the ball. None of the X's and O's of the playbook work with no blocking

That's the KEY coming up very soon in preseason. Do we have Blocking or don't we ???.....Can we replace Whitworth and Zeitler and what is Andre Smith doing right back, was he that bad with another team or what ???....IF WE HAVE BLOCKING, WE CAN GO SUPER BOWL......WITH NO BLOCKING, WE MIGHT WIN 4 GAMES AND FINISH LAST. ....IT REALLY COMES DOWN TO BLOCKING. BENGALS ARE LOADED EVERYWHERE ELSE. IT ALL COMES DOWN TO BLOCKING THIS PRESEASON. Hopefully come September we have Blocking. It would be a shame to waste such a good team at every other position due to no blocking.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
This has been just about every JN poster's biggest concern heading in to the 2017 season.

I will try to pour you a cup of optimism: Yes, the Bengals are "loaded" at many other positions this year. That was not the case last year. Our starting RB doesn't pass protect well, isn't a big receiving threat out of the backfield, and he doesn't seem to have the same burst as he did early in his career. Combine that with a M*A*S*H unit of WRs and TEs last year, and you have a predictable offense with minimal ability to threaten defenses over the top. The Bengals offensive line wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. It was the combination of all the things I just listed that allowed defenses to have an extra defender in the box to stuff the running game and force passing situations that left the offensive line in difficult circumstances.

Dalton didn't have receivers that could separate quickly and was subsequently forced to hold on the ball too long. The offensive line would get the brunt of the blame for the majority of the poor outcomes, but it wasn't just them. The combination of injuries leading to a dearth of weapons, the predictable nature of the offense, and the lack of a running game all contributed to their issues.

The Bengals have seen a lot of improvements in the strength of their two early drafted tackles, Ced and Fish. Fisher has supposedly put on 30 lbs from where he was at the end of the season last year. Put that 310lbs next to Andre's 320 lbs and the right side might be able to pound you for a first down in short yardage situations for a change. Ced will finally have a full offseason and OTAs to learn his craft. That is no small difference for him, as in 2009 when the Bengals had a lot of turnover on the offensive line, they came out with their best rushing attack in ages and they swept the division.

Mixon is a huge upgrade over Hill. People will say "how do you know? he hasn't done it in the NFL?" and that would be true, but I know he is not the one-dimensional Hill, and some went so far as to call him the best receiving RB in the draft (although I find that hard to believe with McCaffery).

The weapons like Ross and Malone, along with Core, and stretch teams vertically in ways the Bengals have not been able to execute since the days of Chris Henry. That will take pressure off Green as well as open up underneath options for Boyd, Lafell, and the TEs.

The line is a key for their success, but I think there are lots of reasons to believe that they will be able to get the job done.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 11:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This has been just about every JN poster's biggest concern heading in to the 2017 season.  

Mixon is a huge upgrade over Hill.  People will say "how do you know?  he hasn't done it in the NFL?" and that would be true, but I know he is not the one-dimensional Hill, and some went so far as to call him the best receiving RB in the draft (although I find that hard to believe with McCaffery).  

Well. Maurice Jones-Drew said he was the best running back in the draft. That's good enough for me....
Reply/Quote
Mixon may be the best RB...but if you put Ezekiel Elliot behind our offensive line last year...I doubt that he has such a great season.

I think having Smith at Guard could actually make our line better at run blocking.

My major concern is pass protection.
Reply/Quote
I don't think it will be too long before we see Fisher moved over to LT permanently and Eric Winston starting next to Andre Smith.
He's a very athletic lineman, and if he's packed on 20-30 "good" pounds, I think he'll be able to handle LT duties.
I think Winston and Smith could handle the right side adequately.
I have no faith in Cedric Ogbuehi and think he'll end up being Anthony Collins at best...a spot starter at both OT positions but ideally no more than a backup.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 12:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Mixon may be the best RB...but if you put Ezekiel Elliot behind our offensive line last year...I doubt that he has such a great season.

I think having Smith at Guard could actually make our line better at run blocking.

Why are we refusing to take a small flier on Clady?

We took one on Andre, and Clady was a much better OLineman than Andre ever was. 

They are the same age, and we have a ton of cap room to sign him to a 1 year deal with an option for a second. 
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 01:30 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Why are we refusing to take a small flier on Clady?

We took one on Andre, and Clady was a much better OLineman than Andre ever was. 

They are the same age, and we have a ton of cap room to sign him to a 1 year deal with an option for a second. 

Because Andre "knows the system"

[Image: giphy.gif]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Would like to see Mangold signed..sad to say Bodine could actually end up being our 2nd best lineman this year. That's a bit scary.

Oddly enough, it seems that the plan is to use the weapons to protect the line, instead of vice versa
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 12:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well. Maurice Jones-Drew said he was the best running back in the draft. That's good enough for me....

I think it was Terrell Davis that predicted a 2k season for Hill in 2015.   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 01:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't think it will be too long before we see Fisher moved over to LT permanently and Eric Winston starting next to Andre Smith.
He's a very athletic lineman, and if he's packed on 20-30 "good" pounds, I think he'll be able to handle LT duties.
I have no faith in Cedric Ogbuehi and think he'll end up being Anthony Collins at best...a spot starter at both OT positions but ideally no more than a backup.

Reports out of mini camp were that Og was the only OL that could block Lawson with any consistency.  That would seem to indicate that nobody currently on the roster is taking his spot.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 03:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: Reports out of mini camp were that Og was the only OL that could block Lawson with any consistency.  That would seem to indicate that nobody currently on the roster is taking his spot.

Not surprised in camp without pads and contact. He's extremely athletic.
But I'm not buying the hype this time around until they actually start hitting.
Ogbuehi can mirror people like crazy, but defenders constantly overpowered him in games.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Putting Andre Smith at right guard will help somewhat. While his footwork isn't really fast enough to play tackle, I think if Andre can "plant and block" more like a guard does he'll have a longer and more successful career.
Reply/Quote
2 interesting names mentioned in this. Clady and Mangold. Then we have Mike Brown who refused to pay Zeitler and Whitworth . Could this team use a Clady or Mangold to help get to Super Bowl, Yes....Will Mike Brown change his mind on what he is willing to pay O Lineman, probably not. ...I'll mention another name and I don't know if he is any good, KENT PERKINS. Yes, he is an undrafted free agent, but so was Burfict. Perkins was a 4 year starter for Texas Longhorns and from what I have read he can play Tackle but also other O Line positions. This is a guy worth taking a look at in Preseason camp and games. I wouldn't be so cemented in on the 5 they have in mind, since little is known about the 5 they have in mind. They need to take a good hard look at the 3 Centers, 6 Guards and 5 Tackles. All 14 need to be looked at and MAY THE BEST MAN WIN....and if they can't find 5 quality starters in these 14 players, then they need to bring in players like Clady and Mangold. ....Because this team has too much talent on Defense and Offensive finesse positions to have a losing season due to NO BLOCKING. This isn't touch footy ball. To win in the NFL you have to have a top notch O Line. Every Super Bowl Winner has had a Top Notch O Line going back to the Lombardi Packers, The Jets blocking the tough Colts D, the Chiefs blocking the tough Vikings D. The Colts blocking Dallas Doomesday, The Cowboys great O Line. The Dolphins great O Line. The Steelers great O line. The Raiders amazing O Line. The Redskin Hogs. The 49ers....on and on up to the great Patriots Blocking. Now you only hear their names when they do something wrong on a penalty. I knew the Bill Parcells Giants were going all the way when I saw them blocking people 5 yards off the line of scrimmage every snap. The Bengals 2 Super Bowl Trips were in great part because of a Hall of Fame Tackle and many other great talents forming great Bengals O Lines. I believe Hall of Fame Packers legend Forrest Gregg had a hand in turning the Bengals into a Great O Line adding some Lombardi to Paul Brown. I remember Gregg coming in and saying Bengals are going to quit crying how tough Steelers are and Bengals are going to get even tougher. I still like that Lombardi attitude he brought in.

So all 14 O Linemen in camp need a good hard look with Whitworth and Zeitler gone. It could be Kent Perkins is good. We won't know if we don't take a good look at him. I think a 4 year starter at Texas Longhorns is worth a look see in camp....but I like the names people mentioned of Clady and Mangold. There may be others out there. There will be blockers teams will cut in Preseason. We have got good players in the past this way. Heck, Bengals in 1980's brought in a Canadian Football guy who helped block us to The Super Bowl. ...Whatever it takes TO BLOCK, because we have enough Super Bowl talent on Defense and at the offense finesse positions. ..They should NOT just hand starting jobs to the 5 they are counting on. Let all 14 compete and push those sleds up the hill and play in practice and preseason games and if needed, bring in outside help. Mike Brown has to learn what his dad Paul Brown knew at Ohio State, Cleveland and Cincinnati. Paul Brown was famous for GREAT OFFENSIVE LINES. ...They are who win play-off games, the unsung stars of the blocking trenches. ...Besides the 5 everybody mentions we have 9 other O Linemen in Camp. I guarantee you Forrest Gregg would take a good look at a guy that was a 4 year starter for Texas. I know we think the only football is Ohio State or SEC, but you don't start 4 years for Texas without having some talent. We just might have some Blockers in these 9 that nobody is even talking about. Have a GOOD, HARD, TOUGH CAMP, and I MEAN HARD, and MAY THE BEST MAN WIN so we can match up with the toughest Defenses in the NFL.

If we had never given undrafted players a chance, we would have never discovered Burfict.....The draft is NOT an exact science....You have the guys in Round One and even they are a crap shoot. ...But the difference between mid and late round picks and undrafted players isn't much. The draft use to go a lot more rounds than 7. Paul Brown got some of Bengals best players in rounds after round 7. You can look it up. ....It could just be that some of these 14 can Block, and so take a good look at all 14. If these 14 aren't enough, yes, bring in Mangold or Clady or somebody who can BLOCK. One hard summer of pushing those sleds with a Lombardi Type standing on it yelling at them. Lets find some BLOCKERS. Lets get TOUGHER THAN THE STEELERS, as Forrest Gregg preached. You just can't beat great defenses with trick gadget plays, they are too good for that garbage. Throw out that split O Line Hue Jackson garbage that never works. Go back to a 5 man O line all together working as a team in POWER BLOCKING. There is no time for the rinky dink, Mickey Mouse, wicky wacky split O Line...If you do the Bengals Hurry Up Offense now and then, you will catch the D off guard on the snap and that works better than the split O Line anyway. You don't need a split line to hit those quick 3 yard sidelines dinks, in fact, the split O line gives the play away to the D. ...Bengals have enough to do the next 6 weeks just finding guys that can Block. There is no time to run the split line garbage....PROTECT THE SUPER STAR as in Longest Yard Movie, which is Dalton...OPEN RUNNING LANES....PASS BLOCK to let DALTON hit all these TARGETS.... Do THAT and throw out the split line garbage. That junk wasn't why we went to 5 straight play-offs. We didn't even run it in 4 of those 5 years. If they want to add anything, add more Hurry Up and catch Defenses with the wrong players on the field as we quickly attack with all these pass targets. That is much better than this slow developing split line going back and forth garbage, sometimes causing delay of game.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 06:52 PM)kevin Wrote: 2 interesting names mentioned in this. Clady and Mangold.  Then we have Mike Brown who refused to pay Zeitler and Whitworth .  Could this team use a Clady or Mangold to help get to Super Bowl, Yes....Will Mike Brown change his mind on what he is willing to pay O Lineman, probably not. ...I'll mention another name and I don't know if he is any good,  KENT PERKINS.  Yes, he is an undrafted free agent, but so was Burfict.  Perkins was a 4 year starter for Texas Longhorns and from what I have read he can play Tackle but also other O Line positions. This is a guy worth taking a look at in Preseason camp and games. I wouldn't be so cemented in on the 5 they have in mind, since little is known about the 5 they have in mind.  They need to take a good hard look at the 3 Centers, 6 Guards and 5 Tackles.  All 14 need to be looked at and MAY THE BEST MAN WIN....and if they can't find 5 quality starters in these 14 players, then they need to bring in players like Clady and Mangold. ....Because this team has too much talent on Defense and Offensive finesse positions to have a losing season due to NO BLOCKING.  This isn't touch footy ball. To win in the NFL you have to have a top notch O Line. Every Super Bowl Winner has had a Top Notch O Line going back to the Lombardi Packers, The Jets blocking the tough Colts D, the Chiefs blocking the tough Vikings D.  The Colts blocking Dallas Doomesday, The Cowboys great O Line. The Dolphins great O Line. The Steelers great O line. The Raiders amazing O Line. The Redskin Hogs. The 49ers....on and on up to the great Patriots Blocking.  Now you only hear their names when they do something wrong on a penalty. I knew the Bill Parcells Giants were going all the way when I saw them blocking people 5 yards off the line of scrimmage every snap. The Bengals 2 Super Bowl Trips were in great part because of a Hall of Fame Tackle and many other great talents forming great Bengals O Lines. I believe Hall of Fame Packers legend Forrest Gregg had a hand in turning the Bengals into a Great O Line adding some Lombardi to Paul Brown. I remember Gregg coming in and saying Bengals are going to quit crying how tough Steelers are and Bengals are going to get even tougher. I still like that Lombardi attitude he brought in.

So all 14 O Linemen in camp need a good hard look with Whitworth and Zeitler gone.  It could be Kent Perkins is good. We won't know if we don't take a good look at him. I think a 4 year starter at Texas Longhorns is worth a look see in camp....but I like the names people mentioned of Clady and Mangold. There may be others out there. There will be blockers teams will cut in Preseason. We have got good players in the past this way. Heck, Bengals in 1980's brought in a Canadian Football guy who helped block us to The Super Bowl. ...Whatever it takes TO BLOCK, because we have enough Super Bowl talent on Defense and at the offense finesse positions.  ..They should NOT just hand starting jobs to the 5 they are counting on.  Let all 14 compete and push those sleds up the hill and play in practice and preseason games and if needed, bring in outside help.  Mike Brown has to learn what his dad Paul Brown knew at Ohio State, Cleveland and Cincinnati. Paul Brown was famous for GREAT OFFENSIVE LINES. ...They are who win play-off games, the unsung stars of the blocking trenches. ...Besides the 5 everybody mentions we have 9 other O Linemen in Camp. I guarantee you Forrest Gregg would take a good look at a guy that was a 4 year starter for Texas.  I know we think the only football is Ohio State or SEC, but you don't start 4 years for Texas without having some talent.  We just might have some Blockers in these 9 that nobody is even talking about.   Have a GOOD, HARD, TOUGH CAMP, and I MEAN HARD, and MAY THE BEST MAN WIN so we can match up with the toughest Defenses in the NFL.

If we had never given undrafted players a chance, we would have never discovered Burfict.....The draft is NOT an exact science....You have the guys in Round One and even they are a crap shoot. ...But the difference between mid and late round picks and undrafted players isn't much.  The draft use to go a lot more rounds than 7.  Paul Brown got some of Bengals best players in rounds after round 7.  You can look it up. ....It could just be that some of these 14 can Block, and so take a good look at all 14.  If these 14 aren't enough, yes, bring in Mangold or Clady or somebody who can BLOCK. One hard summer of pushing those sleds with a Lombardi Type standing on it yelling at them.  Lets find some BLOCKERS. Lets get TOUGHER THAN THE STEELERS, as Forrest Gregg preached. You just can't beat great defenses with trick gadget plays, they are too good for that garbage.  Throw out that split O Line Hue Jackson garbage that never works. Go back to a 5 man O line  all together working as a team in POWER BLOCKING.  There is no time for the rinky dink, Mickey Mouse, wicky wacky split O Line...If you do the Bengals Hurry Up Offense now and then, you will catch the D off guard on the snap and that works better than the split O Line anyway.  You don't need a split line to hit those quick 3 yard sidelines dinks, in fact, the split O line gives the play away to the D. ...Bengals have enough to do the next 6 weeks just finding guys that can Block. There is no time to run the split line garbage....PROTECT THE SUPER STAR as in Longest Yard Movie, which is Dalton...OPEN RUNNING LANES....PASS BLOCK to let DALTON hit all these TARGETS.... Do THAT and throw out the split line garbage. That junk wasn't why we went to 5 straight play-offs. We didn't even run it in 4 of those 5 years.  If they want to add anything, add more Hurry Up and catch Defenses with the wrong players on the field as we quickly attack with all these pass targets. That is much better than this slow developing split line going back and forth garbage, sometimes causing delay of game.

No, not every SB champ has had a great OL.  The '83 Raiders allowed 55 sacks.  The '11 Giants were dead last in rushing.  As of SB 47, only 21 SB winners allowed 30 or fewer sacks in the regular season.  The only real rule you can apply to winning a SB based on offensive stats is that no team has won the SB with an offense ranked worse than 22nd and no SB winning team since 1973 has averaged less than 300 yards a game.  Basically, you have to have at least a mid tier offense to have a shot, even if you have a dominant defense.

Mangold is a tough sell due to Bodine, Johnson, and Dielman on the roster.  It would be tough to find reps to break him in in TC.  I would have been good with signing him when he was first released, but with Johnson back and Dielman added, it just doesn't make much sense.  Clady may not be willing to be a backup and may be asking for too much money, though he makes more sense.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 3YMD2_AS01?$mdmain$]

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 12:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Mixon may be the best RB...but if you put Ezekiel Elliot behind our offensive line last year...I doubt that he has such a great season.

I think EE would have had an amazing season behind our line with the rest of the offense being healthy.  I don't care if it is Dallas's offensive line, if you don't have the weapons to threaten a defense deep, or can gain separation quickly, teams will set up to stuff your run and you won't get much done.  In other words, without Dez Bryant, Jason Witten, and a handful of other offensive weapons, Zeke doesn't have the season he does in Dallas, either.  
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 01:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't think it will be too long before we see Fisher moved over to LT permanently and Eric Winston starting next to Andre Smith.

If Ogbuehi struggles at LT, they will move Fisher to LT and Smith to RT.  They believe in the prospects of Redmond and/or Westermen at RG.

It is a viable back up plan, but it would all but guarantee that the first round pick next year would be a tackle.  
Reply/Quote

I think you will be proven wrong. My vote for breakout player of the year (vets) in Ced.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 06:52 PM)kevin Wrote: 2 interesting names mentioned in this. Clady and Mangold.  Then we have Mike Brown who refused to pay Zeitler and Whitworth .  Could this team use a Clady or Mangold to help get to Super Bowl, Yes....Will Mike Brown change his mind on what he is willing to pay O Lineman, probably not. ...I'll mention another name and I don't know if he is any good,  KENT PERKINS.  Yes, he is an undrafted free agent, but so was Burfict.  Perkins was a 4 year starter for Texas Longhorns and from what I have read he can play Tackle but also other O Line positions. This is a guy worth taking a look at in Preseason camp and games. I wouldn't be so cemented in on the 5 they have in mind, since little is known about the 5 they have in mind.  They need to take a good hard look at the 3 Centers, 6 Guards and 5 Tackles.  All 14 need to be looked at and MAY THE BEST MAN WIN....and if they can't find 5 quality starters in these 14 players, then they need to bring in players like Clady and Mangold. ....Because this team has too much talent on Defense and Offensive finesse positions to have a losing season due to NO BLOCKING.  This isn't touch footy ball. To win in the NFL you have to have a top notch O Line. Every Super Bowl Winner has had a Top Notch O Line going back to the Lombardi Packers, The Jets blocking the tough Colts D, the Chiefs blocking the tough Vikings D.  The Colts blocking Dallas Doomesday, The Cowboys great O Line. The Dolphins great O Line. The Steelers great O line. The Raiders amazing O Line. The Redskin Hogs. The 49ers....on and on up to the great Patriots Blocking.  Now you only hear their names when they do something wrong on a penalty. I knew the Bill Parcells Giants were going all the way when I saw them blocking people 5 yards off the line of scrimmage every snap. The Bengals 2 Super Bowl Trips were in great part because of a Hall of Fame Tackle and many other great talents forming great Bengals O Lines. I believe Hall of Fame Packers legend Forrest Gregg had a hand in turning the Bengals into a Great O Line adding some Lombardi to Paul Brown. I remember Gregg coming in and saying Bengals are going to quit crying how tough Steelers are and Bengals are going to get even tougher. I still like that Lombardi attitude he brought in.

So all 14 O Linemen in camp need a good hard look with Whitworth and Zeitler gone.  It could be Kent Perkins is good. We won't know if we don't take a good look at him. I think a 4 year starter at Texas Longhorns is worth a look see in camp....but I like the names people mentioned of Clady and Mangold. There may be others out there. There will be blockers teams will cut in Preseason. We have got good players in the past this way. Heck, Bengals in 1980's brought in a Canadian Football guy who helped block us to The Super Bowl. ...Whatever it takes TO BLOCK, because we have enough Super Bowl talent on Defense and at the offense finesse positions.  ..They should NOT just hand starting jobs to the 5 they are counting on.  Let all 14 compete and push those sleds up the hill and play in practice and preseason games and if needed, bring in outside help.  Mike Brown has to learn what his dad Paul Brown knew at Ohio State, Cleveland and Cincinnati. Paul Brown was famous for GREAT OFFENSIVE LINES. ...They are who win play-off games, the unsung stars of the blocking trenches. ...Besides the 5 everybody mentions we have 9 other O Linemen in Camp. I guarantee you Forrest Gregg would take a good look at a guy that was a 4 year starter for Texas.  I know we think the only football is Ohio State or SEC, but you don't start 4 years for Texas without having some talent.  We just might have some Blockers in these 9 that nobody is even talking about.   Have a GOOD, HARD, TOUGH CAMP, and I MEAN HARD, and MAY THE BEST MAN WIN so we can match up with the toughest Defenses in the NFL.

If we had never given undrafted players a chance, we would have never discovered Burfict.....The draft is NOT an exact science....You have the guys in Round One and even they are a crap shoot. ...But the difference between mid and late round picks and undrafted players isn't much.  The draft use to go a lot more rounds than 7.  Paul Brown got some of Bengals best players in rounds after round 7.  You can look it up. ....It could just be that some of these 14 can Block, and so take a good look at all 14.  If these 14 aren't enough, yes, bring in Mangold or Clady or somebody who can BLOCK. One hard summer of pushing those sleds with a Lombardi Type standing on it yelling at them.  Lets find some BLOCKERS. Lets get TOUGHER THAN THE STEELERS, as Forrest Gregg preached. You just can't beat great defenses with trick gadget plays, they are too good for that garbage.  Throw out that split O Line Hue Jackson garbage that never works. Go back to a 5 man O line  all together working as a team in POWER BLOCKING.  There is no time for the rinky dink, Mickey Mouse, wicky wacky split O Line...If you do the Bengals Hurry Up Offense now and then, you will catch the D off guard on the snap and that works better than the split O Line anyway.  You don't need a split line to hit those quick 3 yard sidelines dinks, in fact, the split O line gives the play away to the D. ...Bengals have enough to do the next 6 weeks just finding guys that can Block. There is no time to run the split line garbage....PROTECT THE SUPER STAR as in Longest Yard Movie, which is Dalton...OPEN RUNNING LANES....PASS BLOCK to let DALTON hit all these TARGETS.... Do THAT and throw out the split line garbage. That junk wasn't why we went to 5 straight play-offs. We didn't even run it in 4 of those 5 years.  If they want to add anything, add more Hurry Up and catch Defenses with the wrong players on the field as we quickly attack with all these pass targets. That is much better than this slow developing split line going back and forth garbage, sometimes causing delay of game.

I quit reading after you said MB refused to pay Whitt and Zeitler. He chose not o pay them because he would have been over paying them by 25% which is just bad business.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 10:07 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think you will be proven wrong. My vote for breakout player of the year (vets) in Ced.

That could very well happen. Sometimes it takes a Tackle 3-4 years to 'get it'. Plus, he had the 'redshirt' year for most of his rookie season.

Guys like Levin Jones and even Andre Smith took a few years.

That said, if Ced looks bad this season...my hope for him will be less.
Reply/Quote