Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BENGALS DOING WELL ON SALARY CAP
Over The Cap.com shows Bengals are 11th from the top on Salary Cap Space. If so, that is a good thing. The opposite are teams in major trouble. Tampa is worst. Others in bad shape are Atlanta, Buffalo, Jacksonville, NY Giants, San Francisco, Miami, Tennessee. Somehow these teams have to dump payroll, they don't even have cap space to draft and sign draft picks.

Now a team that has cap space problems in 2023 is New Orleans.

Bengals are in good shape on Cap Space next 3 years, so far. Of course resigning players will change that. Bengals are in good shape for a Super Bowl team. Amazingly good shape.

The Bengals still have some of their Super Bowl players in Free Agency not signed by Bengals or any team yet. This site shows still unsigned are Waynes-DB, Reiff-OL, Ogunjobi-DT, Hopkins-OL, Su'a-Filo-OL, Huber-P, Hargreaves-DB, Allen-DB, Evans-LB, Spain-LB, Kerr-DT, Morgan-WR, Ray-LB, Flowers-DB, Tate-WR, Johnson-OL, Schreck-TE, Frey-K. Nobody rushed right out to sign any of these players. Often after a while these type players resign with Bengals unless Bengals just don't want them. Some players in the past Bengals didn't even re-sign on the cheap.

So it's safe to say, some Super Bowl Bengals will be re-signed. The question is Who ? There are also 8 teams out there that have to dump payroll big time. So Free Agency is far from done, even if the early rush is over.

I like that Bengals went to Super Bowl, but are still one of best teams on Salary cap, even after the 3 O Linemen and TE added plus some Bengals re-signed, and Bates on Franchise Tag. The Front Office is doing a Super job. As Bengals Fans, we should be glad we are not one of these 8 teams needing to dump payroll before start of season. We should be glad Bengals Front Office seems to have Super Bowl team in good position to continue onward and UP.

I'll add some Super Bowl Bengals that I would like to see re-signed are Huber-P, Ray-LB, Evans-LB. Spain-LG to me would really make this a tough O Line with Williams LT and the 3 added at Center, Right Guard, Right Tackle. It comes down to how much Spain wants. So far, no team has signed him. You would think his price becomes more reasonable the longer he goes unsigned. Ogunjobi at DT it says is still unsigned, and that would be a good keeper. So Free Agency rush may be over, but Free Agent signings far from over.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I hope they get Flowers again just because he's the only back of any defensive type the team has had over the past forever years to be able to cover a TE.. Sign him just to cover good TEs and nothing else and he'd be worth more than a guy who never gets off the bench.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would take a flyer on Spain or Flowers after the draft, but the rest I really don't think we will miss them much if at all. Ogunjobi's replacement needs to come from the draft to offset the D'lines cost.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 06:40 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: I would take a flyer on Spain or Flowers after the draft, but the rest I really don't think we will miss them much if at all. Ogunjobi's replacement needs to come from the draft to offset the D'lines cost.

The bengals have enough cash to sign a Larry o to another 1 year deal
Reply/Quote
New Orleans had -70 million cap space this year and magically got under.

The Dolphins had no cap space...signed Hill to a 4 year deal at $30 mill average. $6 million cap hit.

The salary cap is crazy.
Reply/Quote
Latest from Spotrac with Collins and Eli, missing Irwin and Morgan
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/

We still have 18 million and estimated we need less than 6 million for our rookie pool

Good news is we still can make moves and Katie has not restructured existing contracts to create cap room and push to later years like a lot of other teams have done, in some cases these teams have moved 35 to 50 million to future yeras away from 2022.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 10:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: New Orleans had -70 million cap space this year and magically got under.

The Dolphins had no cap space...signed Hill to a 4 year deal at $30 mill average. $6 million cap hit.

The salary cap is crazy.

That is very true but not a big fan of selling the future like them personally. 

Bengals have some huge contracts to sign and are going to need all the picks they can get to try to hit on some young stars on Rookie Deals in next few years. 

Think the Bengals have done an amazing job so far in filling holes without mortgaging the future.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Feel like if we can get Larry O back on a 1 year deal, that would be huge.
Reply/Quote
So Jacksonville is no good and they have cap issues? Someone messed up.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
So why not go after Gilmore? He would raise the ceiling on the defense in terms of how nasty they can be which is different then adding depth behind the starters. Unless he's looking for more than a 2 year contract, I really hope they add him. Short term is key while Burrow/Higgins/Chase and others play on their rookie deals
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 11:05 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Latest from Spotrac with Collins and Eli, missing Irwin and Morgan
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/

We still have 18 million and estimated we need less than 6 million for our rookie pool

Good news is we still can make moves and Katie has not restructured existing contracts to create cap room and push to later years like a lot of other teams have done, in some cases these teams have moved 35 to 50 million to future yeras away from 2022.

We need $3 mil or less for our rookies unless we trade up or trade a player for a first round pick/etc. picking at the end of the round means we don’t need nearly as much to cover them. Each rookie that makes the team knocks at least $700-800k off the cap for the player they take a spot from. 5-7 round picks likely gain us cap space if they make the team.
Reply/Quote