Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*BENGALS FREE AGENCY TRACKER* (Updated 4/15)
Free Agents Re-signed
S- George Iloka signed to 5 yr- 30m deal.   (5.075m cap #)
CB- Adam Jones signed to 3 yr- 22m deal.   (7.6m cap #)
LB- Vinny Rey signed to 3 yr- 11.5m deal.   (4.5m cap #)
DT- Pat Sims signed to 2 yr- 2.3m deal.   (1.15m cap #)
T- Eric Winston signed to 1 yr- 1.09m deal.   (1.09 cap #)
WR- Brandon Tate signed to 1 yr- 1.024m deal.   (1.024m cap #)
DT- Brandon Thompson signed to 1 yr- 840k deal.   (680k cap #)
C- TJ Johnson signed to 1 yr- 600k deal.   (600k cap #)

Free Agents Signed
LB- Karlos Dansby signed to a 1 yr- 2m deal.
WR- Brandon LaFell signed to a 1 yr- 2.5m deal.
S- Taylor Mays signed to a 1 yr- 840k deal.

*Total Spent (Cap Space '16) --- 26.899m* 

Free Agent Visits/Workouts
S- Brynden Trawick (signed with Oak)
WR- Brandon LaFell (signed by Bengals)
LB- Karlos Dansby (signed by Bengals)
WR- Mike Williams
WR- Hakeem Nicks

Signed Elsewhere
WR- Marvin Jones signed 5 yr- 40m deal with Detroit.
WR- Mohamed Sanu signed 5 yr- 32.5m deal with Atlanta.
T- Andre Smith signed 1 yr- 3.5m deal with Minnesota.
S- Reggie Nelson signed 2 yr deal with Oakland.
LB- Emmanuel Lamur signed 2 yr- 6m deal with Minnesota.
DE- Wallace Gilberry signed 1 yr deal with Detroit.

Still Unsigned
CB- Leon Hall   (Had visits with Arizona and Dallas, Dolphins rumored to have interest)
Reply/Quote
I wonder if there's a market for Leon. Seems like he's better than anything some teams are stuck with.

Worst case scenario, he might make a pretty good FS for somebody.

I really like Leon and would love to see him retire a Bengal but no matter what, I can't envision him being left unemployed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Vinny Rey signed a 3 year $11-$12m deal.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 01:32 PM)McC Wrote: I wonder if there's a market for Leon.  Seems like he's better than anything some teams are stuck with.

Worst case scenario, he might make a pretty good FS for somebody.

I really like Leon and would love to see him retire a Bengal but no matter what, I can't envision him being left unemployed.

Should be a market for him. Played very good last season and actually surprised me after his 2 ACL
injuries. I bet he has atleast one good year left in him and hope he is back here on a cheap deal of
course. The Bengals have paid him really good even through injury, hopefully he recognizes this and
stays. Very good NB, great depth and like you said, backup FS in case of injury.

With Kirkpatrick's play up in the air, Dennard's questions and Shaw being so young we need to keep
a hold on this Secondary from falling apart. I am not against Drafting another CB early either.

Just in case.
Reply/Quote
So nothing official with Sanu and Atlanta?

Reply/Quote
Just checked, Sanu has signed...

For #Falcons WR Mohamed Sanu, it's a 5-year deal worth $32.5M, source said. $14M fully guaranteed.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals did better than I thought they would. Of course, they didn't stick to that $15M limit that Hobson wrote about.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
We ended up spending $19mish ....

I still think we're gonna spend some more.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 02:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Should be a market for him. Played very good last season and actually surprised me after his 2 ACL
injuries. I bet he has atleast one good year left in him and hope he is back here on a cheap deal of
course. The Bengals have paid him really good even through injury, hopefully he recognizes this and
stays. Very good NB, great depth and like you said, backup FS in case of injury.

With Kirkpatrick's play up in the air, Dennard's questions and Shaw being so young we need to keep
a hold on this Secondary from falling apart. I am not against Drafting another CB early either.

Just in case.

That's my opinion on the secondary, especially with Shaw being a tweener and even Smith being short they'll need a cheap vet safety for insurance and yea a mid round corner makes sense too.  Hopefully when Hall doesn't find the deal he wants he considers coming back, if not one more body would be ideal before the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 02:27 AM)phil413 Wrote: That's my opinion on the secondary, especially with Shaw being a tweener and even Smith being short they'll need a cheap vet safety for insurance and yea a mid round corner makes sense too.  Hopefully when Hall doesn't find the deal he wants he considers coming back, if not one more body would be ideal before the draft.

Hall>Smith and Shaw to this point, so having him back doesn't hurt my feelings at all. I'd love to draft a keeper, and upgrade for the years beyond. And do that again next year; maybe the year after too. Even if we re-sign Nelson, in 2-3 years we won't have him, Jones, Hall, and maybe Kirkpatrick. Improving our strong secondary should always be the priority imho.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 02:27 AM)phil413 Wrote: That's my opinion on the secondary, especially with Shaw being a tweener and even Smith being short they'll need a cheap vet safety for insurance and yea a mid round corner makes sense too.  Hopefully when Hall doesn't find the deal he wants he considers coming back, if not one more body would be ideal before the draft.

(03-11-2016, 03:02 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Hall>Smith and Shaw to this point, so having him back doesn't hurt my feelings at all. I'd love to draft a keeper, and upgrade for the years beyond. And do that again next year; maybe the year after too. Even if we re-sign Nelson, in 2-3 years we won't have him, Jones, Hall, and maybe Kirkpatrick. Improving our strong secondary should always be the priority imho.

It is a passing league after all. We need to keep our D-line rushing the passer and our Secondary strong as it can be.
Reply/Quote
Resigned Pat Sims to a 2 year deal.

Reply/Quote
Signed Elsewhere
WR- Marvin Jones signed 5 yr- 40m deal with Detroit.
WR- Mohamed Sanu signed 5 yr- 32.5m deal with Atlanta.
LB- Emmanuel Lamur signed 2 yr- 6m deal with Minnesota.

Still Unsigned
S- Reggie Nelson
CB- Leon Hall
T- Andre Smith
DE- Wallace Gilberry
DT- Brandon Thompson

If we got Nelson and Hall back I'd be ecstatic. Jones and Sanu were valued and loved players to me, but they got richer deals elsewhere so it's okay for them to leave and the FO to not bring them back. Lamur can always be upgraded so no big loss. Smith we've already got the replacement for. I think I'd ultimately would want Gilberry or Thompson back depending on the draft. I'm starting to like the idea of double dipping in a great DT draft. Sneak in a WR and a LB and we be doing good. 
Reply/Quote
In regarding comp picks, I'm surprised that Nelson and Andre haven't signed deals yet but I'm glad Sanu got paid. Since their contracts factor into the formula, hopefully a desperate team like the Browns throw 5M/yr at Smith.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 08:45 PM)phil413 Wrote: In regarding comp picks, I'm surprised that Nelson and Andre haven't signed deals yet but I'm glad Sanu got paid.  Since their contracts factor into the formula, hopefully a desperate team like the Browns throw 5M/yr at Smith.

Smith is expected to sign in the next day or 2 with Vikings or Cards
Reply/Quote
Supposedly that Trawick fellow signed with the Oakland Raiders if you wanted to note that under our visits
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 12:11 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Free Agents Re-signed
S- George Iloka signed to 5 yr- 30m deal.   (5.075m cap # for '16)
CB- Adam Jones signed to 3 yr- 20m deal.
LB- Vinny Rey signed to 3 yr- 11.5m deal. (4.5m cap # for '16)
DT- Pat Sims signed to 2 yr deal.
T- Eric Winston signed to 1 yr- 1.09m deal.
WR- Brandon Tate signed to 1 yr- 760k deal.
C- TJ Johnson signed to 1 yr- 600k deal.

*Total Spent So Far - 12.025m* (Still waiting for cap #'s for Adam and Sims)

Pacman cap will be roughly 7.5mil with workout bonuses, roster bonus, etc. Maybe a shade higher but right around that
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Andre Smith signs a 1 year deal with the Vikings

Deal is worth 3.5M and up to 4.5M w/ incentives
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 01:03 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Andre Smith signs a 1 year deal with the Vikings

Deal is worth 3.5M and up to 4.5M w/ incentives

Didn't get much did he?

I actually think Andre could be much better than what he was last year. Smart by Zim and the Vikes i think.

Andre needs incentives. He lost a lot of weight last year but he didn't play like it for some reason.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 01:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Didn't get much did he?

I actually think Andre could be much better than what he was last year. Smart by Zim and the Vikes i think.

Andre needs incentives. He lost a lot of weight last year but he didn't play like it for some reason.

Dre's level of play seems to have declined ever since the '14 off season when he missed all team activities for mysterious "personal reasons".
Reply/Quote