Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BENGALS NOT DONE BULKING UP TRENCHES
(03-18-2022, 06:57 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The change is Zac Taylor to begin with and everybody bought into his vision. Duke Tobin and Zac working well together and Katie Blackburn in lock step. But everybody is on the same page and all working together in an excellent way. But yes Mike letting his younger mgt make more calls has been huge. The big key is Zac and Duke working well together.

Totally agree, I saw that in the first greet and meet with season ticket holders, Mike was very open and public about ZT have some real influence in decision making and you can see that happening over the last few years
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 09:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I really think MB is letting Katie and Troy run the show, that said, he knows what he has in Burrow, and he lived through Greg Cook. He said he was going to get JB some help, and I think he meant it. 

Maybe Tobin and the analytics guy?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 12:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Amen to all of this. Getting Collins, Cappa and Karras while maybe bringing back Spain would have me over the moon. That's a fantastic overhaul. I also agree that bringing back Reiff (who has played multiple spots in his career) would be a great depth move.

Agree and even though I'm not nearly as big on Spain as others it would make a lot of sense to have him back to compete for the LG spot if only signing these three. Only signing these 3 non bengal O-linemen lol, wow its a new age in Bengals FA and I could get used to this annually. 
Did not fathom that I would live long enough to see this day and am ecstatic to be bearing witness, giddy even. 

Think Spain is really good while engaged but is slow off the snap it seems and can get blown by easily at times. 

Yet this could be more from having such a poor line around him that he was overthinking or trying to do too much as well.  

So believe with Cappa, Karras, Collins and Jonah surrounding them that whoever wins spot between Spain and Carman will work fine if that is the direction chosen. 

If they sign Tretter too, I will be like Fred Sanford and have the big one and be joining Ethal in heaven per the utter disbelief. Just praying for Collins or a proven RT now though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Regardless of what happens from here on, not having Adeniji at RG vastly improves this team.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 12:04 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree with OP as well that am happy with all current moves made so far, but definitely need a RT signing to top it off.

If somehow Collins was brought in then I believe the Bengals would be in very good shape heading into the draft.

Adding more will put me in a fantasy world which would not hurt my feeling at all, just not expecting.

I thoughts precisely Go Cards. Speaking of the trenches if we sign Jarran Reed to boot on the DL I think we have upgraded 
from Ogunjobi. Better run stopper that can also rush the passer and might be even better than BJ Hill who I have very high 
hopes for. Man I thought our DT room was deep last year but with Reed, damn. Love it.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 02:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I thoughts precisely Go Cards. Speaking of the trenches if we sign Jarran Reed to boot on the DL I think we have upgraded 
from Ogunjobi
. Better run stopper that can also rush the passer and might be even better than BJ Hill who I have very high 
hopes for. Man I thought our DT room was deep last year but with Reed, damn. Love it.

I don't know about all of that..... 
Reply/Quote
How do we go about having Kevin write guest articles on Bengals.com?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 06:48 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Yeah, but will they be good players is the question.

When your O-line is already at ROCK BOTTOM, there's no place to go but up!

or, I guess you could just stay at rock bottom, or whatever.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 01:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Regardless of what happens from here on, not having Adeniji at RG vastly improves this team.

Absolutely 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 02:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I thoughts precisely Go Cards. Speaking of the trenches if we sign Jarran Reed to boot on the DL I think we have upgraded 
from Ogunjobi. Better run stopper that can also rush the passer and might be even better than BJ Hill who I have very high 

Wouldn't mind that at all 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know about all of that..... 

Why not I must ask...

Jarran Reed is healthy unlike Larry O and Reed is a 1st round pick and young...
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:41 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why not I must ask...

Reed is 29 going on 30 he's kind of in between young and getting older but I'd take him for the right price.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:41 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why not I must ask...

Assuming he meant an upgrade from last year’s roster and comparing to a healthy Ogun. If that’s the case, I would agree w him, altho there are some similarities between the two players. He was actually a 2nd rounder, but I’d love for us to be able to sign him.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:41 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why not I must ask...

Because you said he was an upgrade from Larry. When LarryO is healthy, I don't think so. Obviously he's not, so my point is moot.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:47 AM)pulses Wrote: Reed is 29 going on 30 he's kind of in between young and getting older but I'd take him for the right price.

Man time flies, remember the Jarran Reed draft like yesterday...

(03-19-2022, 05:07 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: Assuming he meant an upgrade from last year’s roster and comparing to a healthy Ogun.   If that’s the case, I would agree w him, altho there are some similarities between the two players.    He was actually a 2nd rounder, but I’d love for us to be able to sign him.

Thanks, forgot Reed fell to the 2nd Dr.Z

Think he is a better run stopper than Ogunjobi. Ogunjobi is a really good pass rusher when healthy though I agree with that.

(03-19-2022, 10:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Because you said he was an upgrade from Larry. When LarryO is healthy, I don't think so. Obviously he's not, so my point is moot.

Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 06:24 AM)kevin Wrote: I will again say that I think we have finally reached the day where Mike Brown is not calling all the shots as for 3 decades.

Or maybe Burrow simply told them "Get me some protection or I'm off to some team that will"

QB's like Burrow are very hard to come by and the Bengals know it.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:01 AM)Old Dipstick Wrote: Or maybe Burrow simply told them "Get me some protection or I'm off to some team that will"

What a negative outlook.  You'll fit right in around here.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 06:24 AM)kevin Wrote: Bengals.com and coaches say that keeping Tupou and Hill and bringing in a Center and Right Guard is far from the end.  They plan more moves to BULK UP the O Line and D Line.  This should come as good news to all.

I will again say that I think we have finally reached the day where Mike Brown is not calling all the shots as for 3 decades. He would have never paid for the Center and Guard being brought in, he felt those as low wage positions. The Play-Offs wins to Super Bowl, this Front Office has Changed. It was long over due. Change has to start at the TOP down. This team for decades could not change from the water boy on up.  Too many things good are happening on Bengals for me not to feel the Front Office has finally made positive changes. I don't know if it is Katey Blackburn or Paul Brown Jr, or Tobin, but somebody that knows what they are doing seems to be now behind the wheel, and it was long over due.  That they are letting The Head Coach, The Coaches, The Quarterback have more of a say in this team is a huge change from how this franchise has ran the last 30 years. I LOVE IT.  GO BENGALS.

Bringing in Hayden to add to Sample at TE and keeping Bates opens up more moves on new O Line and D Line Players.  The Bengals are on record as saying they are far from done on BULKING UP the O Line and D Line.  More players to be added there very soon.
Add La-El Collins who has played Left Guard and Right Tackle for the Dallas Cowboys.  Add him to 2 time Super Bowl Center for New England Patriots, Ted Karras.  Add in Alex Cappa who has been a proven Right Guard in the NFL for Tampa Bay.  Bengals already have Jonah Williams at Left Tackle.  Probably Collins to Right Tackle.  This leaves LEFT GUARD to fill, and Bengals have returning O Linemen and may add more if Free Agency or Draft.  

The Bengals meant it when they said they were going to BULK UP on O Line and D Line.  They are not done yet.  Still more Free Agency and NFL Draft to go. 

However if some rare athlete is there at the end of Round 1 who in not an O Lineman or D Lineman, Bengals could now take him.  Really depends who is still there at pick 31.  A RB better than Perine in Round 1 to help Mixon or in case Mixon gets injured. Many teams have more than one Top Notch RB because fatigue and injuries happen. OR maybe a SAFETY is the best on the boards late in 1.  OR it could be a D Lineman or an O Lineman.  Not knowing who will be BEST AVAILABLE ATHLETE at end of Round 1, Bengals are getting much BLOCKING in FREE AGENCY. 

Burrow, the most sacked quarterback in 2021 and sacked until badly injured in 2020  It is right that blockers need replaced or fired, and an attempt to bring in better blockers. The Bengals lost the Super Bowl because The Rams D dominated the Bengals O Line in the 4th quarter. The Bengals O Line hung in there at first in the game, but the Rams just wore Bengals O Line down. If Burrow not being thrown to the turf as blocks missed, He could have moved the ball down field to tie and win the Super Bowl. The whole world saw Bengals weakness in that game. Bengals are making huge steps to fix the problem and also keep their star quarterback from getting killed.

GO BENGALS

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:39 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: What a negative outlook.  You'll fit right in around here.

What a naive comment..I said Maybe: perhaps; possibly.

Unless you know exactly why they decided to do this..which I suspect you don't.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:01 AM)Old Dipstick Wrote: Or maybe Burrow simply told them "Get me some protection or I'm off to some team that will"

I would put the percentage of that happening, conservatively, at 0%. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote