Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BENGALS are On The Clock (Nominations)
It is now time for the Bengals 1st RD pick. History has shown me if I give 20 options it takes until about the 3rd post before someone bring up a 21st name. So this is the thread to throw out your name(s) and thoughts.

Once this is done I'll narrow down to the 10ish most popular nominations and post the poll.

Here is who has been taken so far:
RD 1 PK 1 TENNESSEE TITANS- LAREMY TUNSIL/ OT
RD 1 PK 2 CLEVELAND BROWNS- CARSON WENTZ/ QB
RD 1 PK 3 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS- JALEN RAMSEY/ DB
RD 1 PK 4 DALLAS COWBOYS- JOEY BOSA/ DE
RD 1 PK 5 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS- MYLES JACK/ OLB
RD 1 PK 6 BALTIMORE RAVENS- RONNIE STANLEY/ OT
RD 1 PK 7 SAN FRANSICO 49RES- JARED GOFF/ QB
RD 1 PK 8 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES- EZEKELE ELLIOTT/ RB
RD 1 PK 9 TAMPA BAY BUCANEERS- VERNON HARGREAVES/ CB
RD 1 PK 10 NEW YORK GIANTS- JACK CONKLIN/ OT
RD 1 PK 11 CHICAGO BEARS- DEFOREST BUCKNER/ DE
RD 1 PK 12 NEW ORLEANS SAINTS- SHAQ LAWSON/ DE
RD 1 PK 13 MIAMI DOLPHINS/ MACKENSIE ALEXANDER/ CB
RD 1 PK 14 OAKLAND RAIDERS/ A'SHAWN ROBINSON/ DT
RD 1 PK 15 LOS ANGELES RAMS/ PAXTON LYNCH/ QB
RD 1 PK 16 DETRIOT LIONS/ ELI APPLE/ CB
RD 1 PK 17 ATLANTA FALCONS/ LEONARD FLOYD/ Edge
RD 1 PK 18 INDIANAPOLIS COLTS/ TAYLOR DECKER/ OT
RD 1 PK 19 BUFFALO BILLS/ REGGIE RAGLAND/ ILB
RD 1 PK 20 NEW YORK JETS/ NOAH SPENCE/ Edge
RD 1 PK 21 WASHINGTON REDSKINS/ SHELDON RANKINS/ DT
RD 1 PK 22 HOUSTON TEXANS/ COREY COLEMAN/ WR
RD 1 PK 23 MINNESOTA VIKINGS/ LAQUON TREADWELL/ WR

Lots of talent still on the board.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nominate Doctson wr and Reed dt
Reply/Quote
Doctson
Billings
Butler
Bullard
Reply/Quote
Docston
Billings
Lee
Nkemdiche
Fuller
Butler
Ogbah
Dodd

There's 8 guys right there
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I would take Fuller or Doctson. preferably Fuller because I think it is easier to get a possession receiver in the latter rounds and I think LaFell is going to be more of a possession receiver. A player with elite speed, like Fuller, is going to help us the most.
Reply/Quote
Michael Thomas, Nkempoop, Vernon Butler, William Jackson, Josh Doctson, Ogbah, Dodd
Reply/Quote
Billings
Doctson
Reed
Calhoun
Ogbah
Dodd
Michael Thomas WR OSU who i predict we take...
Reply/Quote
Ryan Kelly ( C) would be a good option here too.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 06:17 PM)stknux Wrote: Ryan Kelly ( C) would be a good option here too.

2nd this
Reply/Quote
I'm assuming those saying Fuller are talking Will; although, I think Kendall may be the more talented of the 2

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 06:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm assuming those saying Fuller are talking Will; although, I think Kendall may be the more talented of the 2

I agree, i think Kendall Fuller will be very good.

Will Fuller is alright with me in the 2nd but he is a little small and a little raw to me in the 1st round.

If we are going with a smaller, faster WR in the 1st, give me Coleman or Shepard.
Reply/Quote
I'm not going to start the thread until the 15th because that is a big day for one of my top choices: Jaylon Smith. Also think Cody Whitehair will get some consideration as the Bengals worked him out at his Pro Day where he took some snaps at Center

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 08:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not going to start the thread until the 15th because that is a big day for one of my top choices: Jaylon Smith. Also think Cody Whitehair will get some consideration as the Bengals worked him out at his Pro Day where he took some snaps at Center

Smart move.
Reply/Quote
Defense:
Dodd
Ogbah
Artie Burns

Offense:
Thomas
Doctson
Shepard (probably a reach here)
Reply/Quote
Derron Lee is still on the board?  With that natural speed and tackling ability, along with the #20 of Pro muscle that he will put on..  A 10 year starter, easily.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm anxious for the post, but right now I'm thinking Docston.
Reply/Quote
From those available these three would be my favorites to actually get picked by the Bengals:
Andrew Billings - Peko's eventual replacement and immediate contributor in the DL rotation.
Ryan Kelly - Could be our starting center for a decade and immediate upgrade.
Darron Lee - Great speed to play opposite Burfict.

Need selections:
Josh Doctson - Great hands, which trumps speed in my book, but Doctson will need to learn how to beat press coverage. Doctson would be my choice at WR due to superior hands.
Michael Thomas - I guess people like him better than I do. Like Shepard, I'd consider him in the 2nd or I'd trade down before drafting him.
Will Fuller - Speed at the position. Catches ball with his body, which is a big knock. College secondaries are not NFL secondaries. I don't see him being nearly as productive in the NFL. Definitely not the next Beckham.

I won't be voting for a WR. The other guys on the list are that much better at their positions and we'll be drafting two WRs this year. Doesn't need to be a 1st rounder.

Reply/Quote
Defense-
Calhoun
Billings
Dodd
Lee

Offense-
Doctson
Kelly
Whitehair

Honestly, at this point it comes down to two players for me.  Calhoun and Doctson.  Just depending on which coordinator makes the most noise, OC or DC.  If we went with Calhoun, I wouldn't be upset if we went after Thomas or Shepard in the 2nd. 

Ok, that does it, Calhoun is my choice.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Heck of a scenario that has played out for the Bengals if something like this happens. They would have Michael Thomas on the board who has been reported to be at the top of the WR list. They would also have Josh Doctson who is arguably the best WR in the draft still available. Best fit at Defensive Tackle to replace Peko in my opinion in Andrew Billings still on the board. Two studs at Defensive End in Dodd and Ogbah along with one of my favorite prospects in the entire draft in Darron Lee...a lot of good options left.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Rated based on my preference:

Josh Doctson
Jarran Reed
Ryan Kelly
Darron Lee
Andrew Billings
Emmanuel Ogbah
Will Fuller (Longshot, in my opinion)
Reply/Quote