Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEST "OTHER" THING - NO CONTROVERSIAL CALLS!
No controversial calls (that I heard on the radio broadcast, anyway)
Also, no "ticky-tack" or plethora of penalties... it was nice to just have a football game instead of a penalty-fest!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:47 PM)Tomkat Wrote: No controversial calls (that I heard on the radio broadcast, anyway)
Also, no "ticky-tack" or plethora of penalties... it was nice to just have a football game instead of a penalty-fest!

Yep. If anything refs saved them A couple times, so no way can anyone complain about the refs hurting the chiefs.
Reply/Quote
Refs that dont throw flags hurt disciplined teams that do not commit penalties. I just posted about that.
Reply/Quote
Higgins dropped a one handed attempt in the end zone because his arm was being severely held. Since it prevented a potential score, I would call that pretty controversial. Also PFT has stated Reid called TO in overtime because he thought Mixon let go of the ball on the ground when he was not down by contact, thus a turnover, and they wouldn't take a look at it. That could also be considered controversial.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Refs missed an "illegal formation" call on the big run that set up our game winning FG.

We had too many men on the line of scrimmage.
Reply/Quote
I thought the call to go for a TD instead of a FG at the end of the first half was pretty controversial...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:07 PM)maclanta Wrote: I thought the call to go for a TD instead of a FG at the end of the first half was pretty controversial...

No controversy about the call to go for it.  The problem was the execution.  Have to make a quick throw to end zone.  Either get td or incomplation with time left to kick FG.
Reply/Quote
Def some controversial non-calls. Burrow got his facemask grabbed twice on that last long drive in the 4th.
Reply/Quote
I don’t know. There were a couple big no-calls on both sides. PI on Higgins in the end zone, Late hit out of bounds on Pratt, and Illegal Formation on the Bengals we’re all pretty big missed calls.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No controversy about the call to go for it.  The problem was the execution.  Have to make a quick throw to end zone.  Either get td or incomplation with time left to kick FG.

Fine... The announcers decision to bring up Billups after Apple dropped that pick six was controversial to me.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Refs missed an "illegal formation" call on the big run that set up our game winning FG.

We had too many men on the line of scrimmage.

Was not on the line; he stood just a bit back (refs NEVER miss that penalty, they're looking down the line).

On Burrow's pick, Chase's jersey was tugged, blatantly.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:12 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I don’t know. There were a couple big no-calls on both sides. PI on Higgins in the end zone, Late hit out of bounds on Pratt, and Illegal Formation on the Bengals we’re all pretty big missed calls.

On the same illegal formation missed call, there are people claiming that Mixon wasn't touched when he went down so when he tossed the ball to the ground it should have been ruled a fumble.  His momentum was unbalanced from an attempted tackle and it took a couple of steps to go down, so it really was down by contact.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:39 PM)pally Wrote: On the same illegal formation missed call, there are people claiming that Mixon wasn't touched when he went down so when he tossed the ball to the ground it should have been ruled a fumble.  His momentum was unbalanced from an attempted tackle and it took a couple of steps to go down, so it really was down by contact.  

He gave himself up and the whistle blew before he tossed the ball.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:47 PM)Tomkat Wrote: No controversial calls (that I heard on the radio broadcast, anyway)
Reply/Quote

Except for the no call face mask on Joe on that second straight rush, tee Higgins pass in the endzone when his 1 arm was pinned behind his back
Reply/Quote
Lol the refs were terrible in this game. Sure, no epic screwups like their infamous saints game no DPI call, but still terrible nonetheless.
Reply/Quote
They’re still hardcore blaming the refs for the loss lol it’s hilarious. As long as we aren’t the ones that have to make excuses I don’t care ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
The Refs seemed to be not wanting to call many penalties. At least they kept with it the whole game and it seemed to balance out. I thought them shoving Hubbard down from behind was a pretty egregious no call on the 2nd KC TD. But it all balanced out.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:18 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: The Refs seemed to be not wanting to call many penalties. At least they kept with it the whole game and it seemed to balance out. I thought them shoving Hubbard down from behind was a pretty egregious no call on the 2nd KC TD. But it all balanced out.

Yea, I thought that was odd, too - thought to myself... "since when is blocking in the back legal?"
Reply/Quote
No excuses this time around.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote