Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BIG Progress On My Handicalendar!
Like I said, I emailed the head of the business department but I wasn't sure how serious she would take the matter, so I emailed a business professor from there that I know pretty well because his son was around my age and I always see him at the gym when I'm working out.

He says he loves the idea and he'll start looking into everything! Then he says that he may even have one of his classes help me out with everything as a project! For just starting this "company" and trying to get the first calendar out, I'd say that this is a pretty promising start!
Reply/Quote
I guess everyone's not as pumped about this as I am!

It's going to be HUGE! Just wait and see!
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 01:19 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I guess everyone's not as pumped about this as I am!

It's going to be HUGE! Just wait and see!

I think everyone is just confused why this update wasn’t included in your original handicalendar thread. But, then I looked and realized that thread was full and not accepting new comments.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 07:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think everyone is just confused why this update wasn’t included in your original handicalendar thread. But, then I looked and realized that thread was full and not accepting new comments.

The professor just emailed me and said that he has a class that's interested in taking on the project!

We're going to start getting connected to get the ball rolling!  I'm only 20 days away from the second dose of the vaccine so I'm not going to take the risk of meeting in person but I told him they could email me or start a group chat on Facebook!  

Everyone better be ready to buy a Handicalendar!  
Reply/Quote
Maybe these guys can give you some tips

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2507321/Disabled-people-strip-stunning-Undressing-Disability-calendar.html
Reply/Quote
Just had a Zoom meeting about it tonight with people from my college (which was tough since it was difficult to get them to be able to hear my communication device) but they had great ideas as far as distribution and discussions on things like whether to set it up as an LCC or non-profit!

It definitely seems like this is going to happen!
Reply/Quote
Zoom meeting went very well! These college kids had tons of ideas and were pumped to get the ball rolling!

I'm going to pay the models (especially if they don't have any other income), pay the photographers (but they the ones I talked to said they'd do it for free), and then we discussed donating the rest to charities, so I gotta think about which ones I want to donate to.

A professor at UK (I just checked and it says he's at UK now which I had no clue because I presented to his class at NKU and then Xavier, so not sure when he went to UK) who writes for the school paper (and is published other places) interviewed me and then I gave him a few other people to interview- one guy with spina bifida, a girl with only one leg, and then a mom with only one leg.

I see a few people on my TikTok with Cerebral Palsy, so I think I'm going to try and get them involved.

This is going to be HUGE!
Reply/Quote
I think I mentioned her but this hot military chick that's a quad agreed to be in my calendar commented on this other military's bro's post on TikTok. He's missing both legs below the knees, is built like a brick shithouse, and seemed pretty cool, so I figured why not and asked him to be in my calendar.

His response?

Quote:I'm down like a clown...... you can't keep all this sexiness contained!

Hilarious

This is coming along pretty well!
Reply/Quote
In last night's meeting, we created a logo, and I think it's pretty bad-ass!

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 09:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe these guys can give you some tips

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2507321/Disabled-people-strip-stunning-Undressing-Disability-calendar.html

I doubt it because it looks like that calendar only was for one year, so why would I look for tips from someone who failed?

You could say you can ask them what they did wrong and what they could have done better, but (1) EVERYONE and their dead grandma knows that's NOT what you meant and (2) if they knew why they failed and it was a good idea, why wouldn't they have just changed up what didn't work the first time?
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 03:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: In last night's meeting, we created a logo, and I think it's pretty bad-ass!

Positive Empowerment Via Male Endowment

“I don’t need a walker when I’ve got a tripod.” -Brad, Mr. March (because February wasn’t long enough)
Reply/Quote
A "handi" is a cooking pot in Pakistan. But some people may confuse it with a "handy"
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 04:40 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Positive Empowerment Via Male Endowment

“I don’t need a walker when I’ve got a tripod.” -Brad, Mr. March (because February wasn’t long enough)

Just messaged the team with that idea!

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 01:19 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I guess everyone's not as pumped about this as I am!

It's going to be HUGE!  Just wait and see!

so you are printing it on large paper?  like for those with Sight issues

Also what are the plans for this is it just to make money or are all proceeds going to charities?  (just curious)
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 12:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: so you are printing it on large paper?  like for those with Sight issues

Also what are the plans for this is it just to make money or are all proceeds going to charities?  (just curious)

I think we're going to make some on large paper for people with sight issues and then some normal, some desk calendars, some wall calendars, and maybe pocket calendars.

As far as the proceeds, I'm conflicted because I want to pay the models with most of the proceeds, especially if they can't work much or anything, and the rest to charity.  I think we're going to have the models pick out charities and then divide the proceeds up among the charities.  

But I also know that some disabled people can't make too much money because then they lose their government benefits.

I don't want to make any money off of this.  I want to make sure that the other models are taken care of if they have any financial needs.  
Reply/Quote
I also found a cop in Scott County down in Kentucky to that I just asked to be in my calendar and he sounds super-excited!

He was paralyzed by friendly fire while on duty.

I have family down in Georgetown (in Scott County) and my aunt gave me his name, so that's how that worked out.
Reply/Quote
Found a girl down in Texas that's missing her right(?) leg below the knee and she agreed to be in it ThumbsUp

She makes 7 with a few more "maybe"s ThumbsUp

This is going to happen so be prepared to buy a Handicalendar!
Reply/Quote
Have a lot of models and my team and I just received email confirmation today from a printer that's going to work on the set-up and everything and might even be doing this for us for free, so it looks like my idea is coming to life!
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 12:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: so you are printing it on large paper?  like for those with Sight issues

I'm not taking any money but the other models will be paid a hundred or so (I wanted it to be more) and we're donating the rest to charities that the models have selected.

The girl with the one leg and 8 fingers just messaged me back and wants to drive up from Texas!

I figured she'd just take the pictures down there but she wants to come up!  She said she can drive but I think I'm going to find a way to fly her up.
Reply/Quote
I was in the first photoshoot on Sunday and we're supposed to have most of the models up for the rest of the photos this Sunday but it's supposed to rain. I'm guessing that they'll just do the shots around the indoor pool.
Reply/Quote