Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
BIG WEEKEND FOR BENGALS
(04-20-2020, 02:10 PM)kevin Wrote: Covid19 or no Covid19, this is a bigger weekend for Bengals than any other team because Bengals are The Worst Team.  

New Dey was Bad Dey in 2019.  This team has been getting worse each year since end of 2015 season.

To turn it around, Bengals need a GREAT DRAFT.  That means getting it right with the Top Pick in 1 and Top Pick in 2, and Top Pick in 3, and Top Pick in 4, and TOP pick in 5, and Top Pick in 6.   Because 2 is like a 1,  3 is like a 2, 4 is like a 3, 5 is like a 4, 6 is like a 5.  So The Bengals hitting home runs on all these picks is greatly needed by the worst team in NFL,  if they want to rise out of the slime and become  a winning team again.

So starting Thursday we have some Sports on TV.  We know Burrow Thursday at the start.  I want to see who Bengals take start of every other round, because Round 1 picks fall to us start of 2.  Round 2 picks fall to us start of 3, and 4 is a 3, 5 is a 4, 6 is a 5.....Good Players should fall to us the Top of Each Round.   Who they are, nobody ever knows before Drafts.  So worth watching to see what huge surprises are sitting there, and are Bengals smart enough to grab them, instead of dumb taking lower pick players.  

If the Bengals do it right, this should be their best draft ever,  and worst team in NFL needs their best draft ever.  May Top Talent fall into their laps the Top of Every Round to Really Bring us New Dey.

Paul Brown use to say draft Best Available Athlete.  As players fall out of Round 1, Bengals there to steal them, and they can do that Top of Every Round.  BEST AVAILABLE ATHLETE.   Bengals could use help at most positions since only 2 wins, so B.A.A.  Surprises at Top of Rounds to be Grabbed.

That Top of 2 Pick, just consider him an extra Round 1......Top of 3, consider him a Round 2.

Change "athlete" to player.  We want the Best Available PLAYER...we don't want just athletes.  We want guys that are football players.  Malik Jefferson was a freak athlete....see the difference?  Sorry, not trying to be a prique, but wanted to clarify.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pick 33 has more solid players than anything else, and that’s exactly what you hope to get at least.

Me personally, I have 3 to 5 players In hoping is there at that spot outside a crazy player falling. Otherwise I trade back and get more picks in this insanely talented draft class
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 10:14 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Pick 33 has more solid players than anything else, and that’s exactly what you hope to get at least.

Me personally, I have 3 to 5 players In hoping is there at that spot outside a crazy player falling. Otherwise I trade back and get more picks in this insanely talented draft class

I just don't see a trade happening for a few reasons:

1) What you wrote, pick 33 has a solid player available & I think Tobin/Taylor agree.  They'll hold firm at 33.

2) Taylor, in his live chat, said pick 33 is an advantage because Bengals decision makers have the night and next day to think on the pick.  I speculate they like that advantage and will use the time to pick a player, not listen to trade offers.

3) I anticipate this remote draft results in less trades among all the teams.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 08:51 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: As the data shows above, it's just as much of a crapshoot as the entire 1st round, so no, it's only good value on paper and not in reality.

But, also what the data shows above, certain positions picked at that spot, tend to do better than others.

Again, LB or OL, you sprint to call that pick in.

Otherwise, BPA or trade down.

Interesting that it's traditionally been these positions that had the best hits, plus the Bengals' biggest positional needs are OL and LB.
As you said, if there's a good OL or LB at 33, take him.
Don't reach though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 02:26 PM)kevin Wrote: With no sports on TV since early March,  WE have some Sports on TV now.  The worst record is no good if we don't nail every round.  

We have some SPORTS on TV this Week.

That's basically impossible, as no one finds a great player in every round in a single draft.
I'm just hoping to get 3-4 really good guys, which would be a much bigger step up from the 0-2 a draft we've been seeing the past few years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 11:32 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I just don't see a trade happening for a few reasons:

1) What you wrote, pick 33 has a solid player available & I think Tobin/Taylor agree.  They'll hold firm at 33.

2) Taylor, in his live chat, said pick 33 is an advantage because Bengals decision makers have the night and next day to think on the pick.  I speculate they like that advantage and will use the time to pick a player, not listen to trade offers.

3) I anticipate this remote draft results in less trades among all the teams.

If I remember correctly the was in response to the tehcnnolgy issues that can come about.  

#33 has always been a hot pick.  If you can get good value for it, you trade it.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 03:31 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: If I remember correctly the was in response to the tehcnnolgy issues that can come about.  

#33 has always been a hot pick.  If you can get good value for it, you trade it.

That goes for many picks and conversely, if you see a future star and player you like, you hold onto it, right?
Reply/Quote
Looking over NFL NETWORK Mock Drafts
These players that could go Round 1 by some of their staff, Fall to other staff choices.

So here are surprise names that could be there at Top of 2. Could, Might, Maybe.

QB-Love
TE-Bryant
OT-Cleveland
RB-Taylor
DT- Blaylock
CB- Fulton
LB-Brooks
EDGE - Okwara
C- Cushenberry
C- Ruiz

Some team may want to trade up if Love is still there and they need a young QB.

As for Bengals needs in this list, they are the OT or the LB.

Cleveland or Brooks and Bengals get a top needs player that some have going in Round 1, we get start of 2.

How do people feel about OT- Cleveland or LB- Brooks the pick after QB-Burrow ???

Now if Cleveland isn't there, then one of the other OT's fall such as Wilson or Jackson.

Brooks at Linebacker for Bengals ???
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 04:24 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: That goes for many picks and conversely, if you see a future star and player you like, you hold onto it, right?

Right, but the list of players with the same grade at #1 overall is going to be much, much smaller than at #33.  If there are 8-10 guys with similar grades on the board, move back, pick up an extra pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 01:29 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Right, but the list of players with the same grade at #1 overall is going to be much, much smaller than at #33.  If there are 8-10 guys with similar grades on the board, move back, pick up an extra pick.

For sure, either way it will be fun to see how it unfolds.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 01:12 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 I'm not a big moving down for picks guy. If somebody huge fell out of the 1st round, this is where you make hay. TBS, this is also the spot where teams who didn't get their QB they need in the 1st round will make some stupid offers. This is where Dalton will be traded (if he's going to be traded)...

Feel the same, just think the mid rounds are the sweet spot of this Draft and if someone huge does not fall take a stupid offer
if some team offers one. With how deep WR and interior O-line is in this Draft we could find someone special in the mid rounds
and there should even be some really good Linebackers here as well like Wilson, ADG or Strnad.
Reply/Quote