Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BJ Finney released
**** Carlos Dunlop. Always been a little ***** on the inside. His attitude got us a 7th. Asshat.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 01:51 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Why would they cut Hart before they have a replacement?

The only time you'd do that now (outside of a pending roster bonus) is out of respect for a player, knowing that if you cut them before free agency they'll get a better deal than if you cut them after the draft.

Well they do need to free up some money to bring in his replacement do they not? But yeah, don't cut him before you have a 
RT lined up and signed. We will have to cut Geno unless they restructure which we never do and Gio and Uzomah are in the 
same boat. Sucks with Gio, wish we could restructure his contract.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 03:12 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: Excitement of signing Davis? Who's excited? 

Who's disappointed with the Finney release? 

Is this satire? 

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 12:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Housh was a 7th rounder... Just gotta pick smart...

Getting rid of a malcontent player though is generally worth it.

Agreed. He was a cancer that was caught in the early stages. 

(03-05-2021, 03:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Had to happen.

Yes, can't have that crap.

Now with Finney, we are less than 2 weeks from St Patricks Day. This was a smooth cut because they wanted him gone before he got the team together and gave them alcohol poisoning. Drunk

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 01:48 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Now if they'll cut Hart

PFF ranked Hart as the #40 OT in the league.

Right now he is going to be the 32nd highest paid OT in 2021.  By the time free agency is over he will be ranked even lower.

It is not going to be as easy to replace Hart as many people think.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 03:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Had to happen.

Not if we had had competent coaches.

Seattle ended up with a very valuable player and we still have the same dumbass coaches that ran him off.

Don't know why any Bengal fan would be satisfied with this.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 03:12 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: Excitement of signing Davis? Who's excited? 

Who's disappointed with the Finney release? 

Is this satire? 

I wouldn't say that I'm "excited" about the Davis signing, but I do feel like his efforts warranted another shot at making the team.

Completely agree with your thoughts on the Finney release.  It should have been rather obvious that he was just here to be a body, when the team didn't make any greater effort to incorporate him into the OL this season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 06:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not if we had had competent coaches.

Seattle ended up with a very valuable player and we still have the same dumbass coaches that ran him off.

of course... But we dont we wont and he wasnt happy and causing issues.

Not satisfied but He didnt talk lou or Zach out of town just himself.     I get he wasnt happy about his useage but he was being paid a lot to do his role.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 03:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well they do need to free up some money to bring in his replacement do they not? But yeah, don't cut him before you have a 
RT lined up and signed. We will have to cut Geno unless they restructure which we never do and Gio and Uzomah are in the 
same boat. Sucks with Gio, wish we could restructure his contract.

Not necessarily. They won't sign draft picks until at least May, and they typically reserve AT LEAST $10 mill for signing their draft picks and a bit extra, so they should be able to sign a new RT with Hart still on the books and then cut Hart after as long as it's before they need the money to sign draft picks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 06:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wouldn't say that I'm "excited" about the Davis signing, but I do feel like his efforts warranted another shot at making the team.

Completely agree with your thoughts on the Finney release.  It should have been rather obvious that he was just here to be a body, when the team didn't make any greater effort to incorporate him into the OL this season.

I'm not overly concerned about Davis. We're talking about the last CB spot on the roster. He'll compete with possibly some late round draft pick, UDFA, and min-salary guys like Leshaun Sims, Winston Rose, Tony Brown, etc. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 05:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agreed. He was a cancer that was caught in the early stages. 

Yes, can't have that crap.

Now with Finney, we are less than 2 weeks from St Patricks Day. This was a smooth cut because they wanted him gone before he got the team together and gave them alcohol poisoning. Drunk

Love St Patrick's day. I will probably be green brewskied poisoned that day.Cheers

And maybe a little Irish whiskey as well.Wasted
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 06:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not if we had had competent coaches.

I wasn't satisfied by Dunlap's attitude and not even his play last year for the Bengals. You were I know, you loved that 
over pursuing shit that allowed QB's to step into the pocket and destroy us or run for big gains. I don't know why any 
Bengal fan would be satisfied with Dunlap's attitude or the over pursuing but to each his own...

And I meant we had to cut Finney, wasn't even talking about Dunlap.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 06:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not necessarily. They won't sign draft picks until at least May, and they typically reserve AT LEAST $10 mill for signing their draft picks and a bit extra, so they should be able to sign a new RT with Hart still on the books and then cut Hart after as long as it's before they need the money to sign draft picks.

Cool, cool. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 06:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I wasn't satisfied by Dunlap's attitude and not even his play last year for the Bengals. You were I know, you loved that 
over pursuing shit that allowed QB's to step into the pocket and destroy us or run for big gains. I don't know why any 
Bengal fan would be satisfied with Dunlap's attitude or the over pursuing but to each his own...

Dunlap was never the problem with our defense last year.

Seattle had the #6 defense in the league from week nine once Carlos started playing for them.  The Bengals ranked 21st.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 06:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not overly concerned about Davis. We're talking about the last CB spot on the roster. He'll compete with possibly some late round draft pick, UDFA, and min-salary guys like Leshaun Sims, Winston Rose, Tony Brown, etc. 

If Davis can bump Sims out of a roster spot, I'd call that a win for Davis' development, and likely a good thing for the Bengals team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 07:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dunlap was never the problem with our defense last year.

Seattle had the #6 defense in the league from week nine once Carlos started playing for them.  The Bengals ranked 21st.

Over pursuing is a lack of discipline that allows QB's to step into a pocket if the DT cannot push the pocket into the QB's face.

Also allows the QB or RB to run for big gains if the LB's are not spying on the QB or ready for the run.

This was a problem last year and Dunlap was the worst of them. Yeah, he tried in Seattle once he stopped being a punk.

We all know he can be a good to great disruptor, he just wasn't trying here. If that is fine with you, whatever Fred.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 07:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If Davis can bump Sims out of a roster spot, I'd call that a win for Davis' development, and likely a good thing for the Bengals team.

Bet he does, someone should bump out Sims, might as well be Davis.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 01:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This was not true.
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/4/15/21221903/what-b-j-finneys-contract-with-seattle-seahawks-says-about-status-starter-backup-webb-britt-iupati

In above, you can see breakdown of his contract for 2020 and 2021.
The Seahawks also still have a $1 mill dead cap in 2021 they are paying Finney.

How was the bolded part not true? According to your own link, he had a base salary of $2.5m in 2020, and a $2.5m guaranteed salary in 2020.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 03:20 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: **** Carlos Dunlop. Always been a little ***** on the inside. His attitude got us a 7th. Asshat.

Ummmm.  This coaching staff is literally the worst of all time.  Dunlap did nothing wrong.

Anyway, who the hell is this "Finney" guy?  Never heard of him.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 07:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We all know he can be a good to great disruptor, he just wasn't trying here. If that is fine with you, whatever Fred.

I honestly can't remember if we're still rolling with the notion that ZT doesn't win much but they players are all-in on him.
Reply/Quote