Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JungleRock Mock 2.0 - CBS Rankings Based
Cordy Glenn was definitely worth the risk by only moving back nine spots. I actually like the prospects that we need and their value at pick #21 instead of reaching for a Rookie LT that you hope pans out at #12.

*For this mock I used CBSSports ranking so please keep that in mind before saying no way a guy will be available at the spot I have placed them in. It is the draft and guys will go earlier and later than expected regardless but that ranking system was my basis for these mock draft selections.

1-21-21 Cincinnati from Buffalo - Will Hernandez (Guard/UTEP) - Starting Right Guard from Day One. I would take a long look at Wynn from Georgia here as well but I think he would be better suited at LG and we already have Clint Boling for that spot. Hernandez is a 6'3" 330 pound mauler that would be perfect for the RG position. I know some people like Redmond or want to see Westerman develop into a starter but with so many issues on the line the last couple of years even before the departures of Zeitler and Whit (the only two competent ones two years ago) a complete overhaul to the line is exactly what is needed to get an Offense on track that already has skill players like Mixon, Gio, Green, Ross, Boyd, Malone, Lafell, and Kroft.

[Image: Will-Hernandez.jpg]

2-14-46 Cincinnati - James Daniels (Center/Iowa) Sticking with the Offensive Line overhaul theme here and I really like Daniels or Price at this spot. If one comes off the board then I think the other will still be available and should be the pick. There is typically a run on offensive skill position players and pass rushers in the late 1st and early 2nd round so I think that will push at least one of these guys down to the second round. I would seriously consider Daniels or Price in the first round if there is not a Best Player Available guy that they just can't pass on.  

[Image: James-Daniels.jpg]

3-13-77 Cincinnati - Jamarco Jones (Offensive Tackle/Ohio State) Maybe it is overkill at this point of the draft to have drafted nothing but Offensive Lineman but this is where I feel this team can make the biggest improvement. I honestly would have liked to add an Inside Linebacker here and think that is a realistic option in the real draft but going by the CBS rankings there was no one near the 77th area for that position. If a Malik Jefferson would fall here it would be a no brainer selection but if Jamarco is still on the board and the Linebacker they want is gone then I say continue improving the line. Jones is probably best suited as a Left Tackle but I think he is versatile enough to play Right Tackle or even inside at Guard if needed. Adding his talent in the 3rd and being able to let Pollack develop him would make this a good selection.

[Image: 15779079467_6eb9a0d5f1_b.jpg]

3-36-100 Cincinnati (Compensatory Selection) - Carlton Davis (Cornerback/Auburn) - Dennard being a potential Free Agent after this year along with not keeping Pacman make Cornerback a mid round priority. Davis is listed as the 102nd best player in this draft by CBS which I feel is way too low and he may not be available during the actual draft but if he is still somehow on the board then he would make a great selection here. Quenton Meeks would be another good option at Corner here as well.

[Image: CarltonDavisAuburn.jpg?resize=700%2C425]

4-12-112 Cincinnati - Jerome Baker (Outside Linebacker/Ohio State) This is when the CBS Rankings seem really crazy but I guess you never know. They have Baker at 119 and Christian Kirk at 112....both seem destined to be late first or early second round picks easily. However, if available then sprint to the podium for either one. Linebacker still concerns me more, especially if our Offensive Line issues are fixed. Baker is an incredible athlete that would be great insurance for whenever Burfict is inevitably suspended or injured again this year. Burfict could even kick inside though that is not what he prefers or has performed best at if it is just too hard to keep Baker off the field right away.

[Image: 12107567.jpeg]

5-14-151 Cincinnati - Andrew Brown (DE or DT/Virginia) - Some versatility to kick inside or play outside on the defensive line. Rated at 149 currently on CBS but was a 5 star recruit and someone that could be drafted higher based on potential.

[Image: Miami+v+Virginia+86tRqMkAPm1x.jpg]

5-21-158 Cincinnati from Buffalo - Equanimeous St. Brown (Wide Receiver/Notre Dame) - Tall Wide Receiver that didn't have great numbers at Notre Dame but could be another Red Zone target to help replace the likely departure of Eifert that can be developed over time into more of a complete Receiver.

[Image: 57f00195dcf79.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C871]

5-33-170 Cincinnati (Compensatory Selection) - Josey Jewell (Inside Linebacker/Iowa) - Could see him going much higher since I think he is probably the next best Inside Linebacker after Malik Jefferson but since CBS has him ranked at 167 then he slots in perfect here in the 5th. Immediate contributor on Special Teams that could end up as a starter by years end considering all of the recent injuries at the position.

[Image: Josey-Jewell-1.jpg]

7-31-249 Cincinnati from New England - Daniel Carlson (Kicker/Auburn) - Unless I overlooked them on the list I didn't see any Kickers ranked on the CBS list. I wouldn't draft one any earlier than the 7th round since we ended up cutting a fifth round kicker last year but we should have learned by the flashes that Elliot showed in Philly that drafting a Kicker can still be a good use of a draft pick, especially with so many picks. He competes with Bullock and the best guy wins; similar to last season.

[Image: usa-today-9025550.0.jpg]

7-34-252 Cincinnati (Compensatory Selection) - Terrell Edmunds (Safety/Virginia Tech) - By trading down we likely miss out on a chance to draft his brother in the 1st round but this Edmunds is also a solid player and if still available like CBS seems to think around this point then he would be a great addition at Safety and for Special Teams for the Bengals.

[Image: dp-spt-virginia-tech-terrell-edmunds-moo...uries-1115]

7-35-253 Cincinnati (Compensatory Selection) - Chase Litton (Quarterback) - Probably my biggest complaint with my own mock would be not adding a QB earlier in this draft. With that said, somehow CBS his Litton listed at 260 overall so this would be a great selection with our last pick in the draft. A QB that should be a solid career backup is great value for the Bengals here.

[Image: gettyimages-498959498.jpg?w=680&h=420&crop=1]
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
I would be really happy with this, but I don't see any way that most of these guys are still around at these picks.
Reply/Quote