Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLM/LEO Cookout
(07-24-2016, 10:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Because they're not interested in dialogue and change. They're only interested in what they perceive to be justice. 

For most, more cops in jail. For some, more cops dead. 

We will have to wait for an explanation from the pro-BLM matter folks.  I'm sure they can provide a more awesome reason; unfortunately, we are not getting much input.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-24-2016, 09:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What else could be your motivation for trying to separate your organization from this type of gathering? 

(07-24-2016, 09:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'd be very interested in seeing GMDino's answer to this question.

(07-24-2016, 10:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To be fair to Dino, he has not been alone in these thoughts. I have always held to the notion that the BLM movement is discriminatory and divisive. 

But who knows, maybe the co-founder doesn't speak for BLM. 

(07-24-2016, 10:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Because they're not interested in dialogue and change. They're only interested in what they perceive to be justice. 

For most, more cops in jail. For some, more cops dead. 

(07-24-2016, 11:29 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: You can't fix a manufactured crisis because there's no solution for something that isn't real.

And is this BLM leader by chance the same one that bristled at Hillary in their private meeting when she asked him what solutions did he have?

There's no stopping this gravy train.  BLM is going to launch the next generation of black leaders....none too soon, either, with Jesse and Al getting long in the tooth.

Maybe the answer came from the Wichita group in the article Larry posted?

Quote:Organizer A.J. Bohannon agrees with Cullor on changing laws, but he says the way they are going about it here in Wichtia works for this community.

"What's good for Wichita, Kansas may not be the same thing that's good for Washington D.C., those people aren't here in Wichita.
They don't know the pulse, and the temperature of this community, and the ways they interact with their police officers and elected officials is not the same way we have to, or chose to interact here in Wichita," Bohannon said.

While I am flattered that Larry and SSF think I can speak for BLM I can only surmise that this local group felt this was a good thing and the national group feels protests and going around the officers to the law makers is better. Personally I would rather these group work more together than at each other. That's really the only way to settle differences. Perceived or real.

Clearly this is because I must hate the police, I have been told.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Figured this could go here as well as anywhere:

The REAL MJ speaks out on the current climate:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/michael-jordan-speaks-out-on-police-shootings-i-can-no-longer-stay-silent-170403368.html

Quote:“I was raised by parents who taught me to love and respect people regardless of their race or background, so I am saddened and frustrated by the divisive rhetoric and racial tensions that seem to be getting worse as of late. I know this country is better than that, and I can no longer stay silent. We need to find solutions that ensure people of color receive fair and equal treatment AND that police officers — who put their lives on the line every day to protect us all — are respected and supported.

“Over the past three decades I have seen up close the dedication of the law enforcement officers who protect me and my family. I have the greatest respect for their sacrifice and service. I also recognize that for many people of color their experiences with law enforcement have been different than mine. I have decided to speak out in the hope that we can come together as Americans, and through peaceful dialogue and education, achieve constructive change.

“To support that effort, I am making contributions of $1 million each to two organizations, the International Association of Chiefs of Police’s newly established Institute for Community-Police Relations and the NAACP Legal Defense Fund. The Institute for Community-Police Relations’ policy and oversight work is focused on building trust and promoting best practices in community policing. My donation to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, the nation’s oldest civil rights law organization, will support its ongoing work in support of reforms that will build trust and respect between communities and law enforcement. Although I know these contributions alone are not enough to solve the problem, I hope the resources will help both organizations make a positive difference.”

(07-24-2016, 09:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What else could be your motivation for trying to separate your organization from this type of gathering? 

Because it does not address the underlying systemic problems.

The problem that BLM wants to address is not just the interpersonal relationships between police and black people.  The biggest issue they want to fix is the lack of accountability for police.  Random shootings can be balmed on "one bad apple". but the real problem is that police and DAs will work together and lie to protect those "bad apples" on the police dorce.

The problem will not get fixed until there ie some level of independent investigation and accountability put in place to make sure bad cops are punished instead of protected by other police and DAs.
(07-24-2016, 10:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Because they're not interested in dialogue and change. 

So you don't think BLM is interested in implementing a system of independent investigation and accountability for police shootings?

The level of ignorance of the anti-BLM crowd around here is staggering.  It is like you all are intentionally ignoring everything they say.
(07-27-2016, 01:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Because it does not address the underlying systemic problems.

The problem that BLM wants to address is not just the interpersonal relationships between police and black people.  The biggest issue they want to fix is the lack of accountability for police.  Random shootings can be balmed on "one bad apple". but the real problem is that police and DAs will work together and lie to protect those "bad apples" on the police dorce.

The problem will not get fixed until there ie some level of independent investigation and accountability put in place to make sure bad cops are punished instead of protected by other police and DAs.

So sitting on panels with LEOs to discuss the issues will not "address the underlying problems"?

fredtoast Wrote:The level of ignorance ...around here is staggering.  It is like you all are intentionally ignoring everything they say.

I agree. 

(07-27-2016, 01:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So sitting on panels with LEOs to discuss the issues will not "address the underlying problems"?

Not unless LEOs have the authority to set up an independent system of investigation and accountability.  No matter how much LEOs promise to do a better job "policing" themselves the fact is that they can not be trusted.  The authority and oversight has to come from a source OUTSIDE the police departments.
(07-27-2016, 01:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree. 

What do you agree with?
(07-27-2016, 01:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Not unless LEOs have the authority to set up an independent system of investigation and accountability.  No matter how much LEOs promise to do a better job "policing" themselves the fact is that they can not be trusted.  The authority and oversight has to come from a source OUTSIDE the police departments.

Okey Doke, your view that a joint panel of BLM and LEOs to try to work toward a solution is useless and your approval of BLM distancing themselves from activities such as these has been noted.

(07-27-2016, 01:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What do you agree with?

That many here ignore (ignorant) what they want to. 

(07-27-2016, 01:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: That many here ignore (ignorant) what they want to. 

You forgot the part where it only applies to one side.

The only people who have been willfully ignorant in this thread are the ones who are claiming that BLM does not want any changes to the system.
(07-27-2016, 01:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You forgot the part where it only applies to one side.

Let me guess: The side opposite of you. 

(07-27-2016, 01:34 AM)bfine32 Wrote:  your approval of BLM distancing themselves from activities such as these has been noted.

I never gave my approval.  Please stop playing these silly games.  People asked for BLM's motivation and I explained it.
(07-27-2016, 01:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Let me guess: The side opposite of you. 

The fact that you had to "guess" proves that you can not read.
(07-27-2016, 01:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I never gave my approval.  People asked for BLM's motivation and I explained it.

So you disapprove of what the co-founder said?

fredtoast Wrote:Please stop playing these silly games.

Indeed

(07-27-2016, 01:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So you disapprove of what the co-founder said?

Although I understand his reason for believing that cookouts will not solve the entire problem, I don't see why they should oppose these cookouts either.
(07-27-2016, 01:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote:  Please stop playing these silly games.  

(07-27-2016, 01:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Indeed

Thank you.  Things will so much smoother with more mature debate.
(07-27-2016, 02:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Although I understand his reason for believing that cookouts will not solve the entire problem, I don't see why they should oppose these cookouts either.

So you disapprove of the co-founder's comments. We will get you  there yet. 

(07-27-2016, 02:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So you disapprove of the co-founder's comments. We will get you there yet. 

I already gave a clear answer. 

Sorry that you are too simple to understand the nuance of my answer.  
(07-27-2016, 02:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I already gave a clear answer. 

Sorry that you are too simple to understand the nuance of my answer.  

Larry doesn't want "clear answers".

I answered his passive-aggressive "not response" to me in post 22

He wants to argue that you didn't say what you said so he can argue.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.