Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLM activist defends looters in Chicago
I would say you can't make this up, but we do live in strange & sad times.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/black-lives-matter-holds-rally-supporting-individuals-arrested-in-chicago-looting-monday/2320365/

Quote:Members of Black Lives Matter held a solidarity rally on Monday night with the more than 100 individuals who were arrested after a night of looting and unrest in Chicago.

The rally was held at the South Loop police station where organizers say those individuals are currently being held in custody.

“I don’t care if someone decides to loot a Gucci or a Macy’s or a Nike store, because that makes sure that person eats,” Ariel Atkins, a BLM organizer, said. “That makes sure that person has clothes.”

Black Lives Matter Chicago organized the rally after overnight unrest throughout the city, with police saying that more than 100 individuals were taken into custody for a variety of offenses, including looting.

“That is reparations,” Atkins said. “Anything they wanted to take, they can take it because these businesses have insurance.”

Chicago police believe the looting began after officers shot a man in the city’s Englewood neighborhood on Sunday afternoon. Authorities say the man, identified as 20-year-old Latrell Allen, had a gun and fired at police before they returned fire, striking and wounding him.

Allen now faces attempted murder charges after the incident.

“This person fired shots at our officers,” CPD Superintendent David Brown said. “Officers returned fire and struck the individual.”

BLM organizers are criticizing the police narrative surrounding the shooting, pointing out that none of the officers involved in the shooting had body cameras.

“Police say a lot of things,” Atkins said.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
lt should be noted that the Mayor condemed the looting, as 100 of the looters were arrested. Also Reverand Jesse Jackson put this tweet out below.

“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
It's nice to see the influential types condemning the statement rather than doubling-down on it, I'll give them that.
Reply/Quote
BLM has some really dumb leaders
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 12:23 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I would say you can't make this up, but we do live in strange & sad times.

“That is reparations,” Atkins said.

YOW! That statement alone just shifted 1,000 "independent" Chicago votes back towards Trump, and another 100,000 in the rust belt.

And looters don't vote. Poor trade off.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 04:08 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: BLM has some really dumb leaders

Read their mission statement, it's for the destruction of the nuclear family  as it is a symbol of the racist patriarchy.  They are also a misandrist organization.  I tell people all the time, if you want to donate money to racial equality donate it to the NAACP, not BLM.

Oh, and they have a convicted terrorist raising on the fundraising board.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Rosenberg
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 11:59 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Read their mission statement, it's for the destruction of the nuclear family  as it is a symbol of the racist patriarchy.  They are also a misandrist organization.  I tell people all the time, if you want to donate money to racial equality donate it to the NAACP, not BLM.

Oh, and they have a convicted terrorist raising on the fundraising board.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Rosenberg

Honestly, though, the BLM organization has little to nothing to do with the movement that is seen all over the country. It really is sad how much the organization detracts from the overall movement.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 12:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Honestly, though, the BLM organization has little to nothing to do with the movement that is seen all over the country. It really is sad how much the organization detracts from the overall movement.

Well, they have no one to blame but themselves.  Also, many others could ameliorate this by calling the BLM organization out for their bullshit.  But since they lack the moral courage to do so they're getting the current results. 

EDIT: I felt compelled to reiterate for those who may read this in bad faith. If you want to support an organization dedicated to equality then donate to the NAACP.
Reply/Quote