Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLOCK for Burrow
(11-23-2021, 12:12 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I never noticed it before yesterday, but your analysis of Burrow here is spot on. I was watching wondering why the hell he was holding on to the ball so damn long and kept turning his back on the play. Like bro, you're not Prime Michael Vick; keep your eyes forward and make a decision QUICK.

and he doesnt have the arm talent of Mahomes or Allen....he needs to study Brady and Montana to get the best out of his skillset. 
 I was watching Brady last night just calmly take apart the NYG D.... althought he did have good protection most of the night.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 12:26 PM)kalibengal Wrote: and he doesnt have the arm talent of Mahomes or Allen....he needs to study Brady and Montana to get the best out of his skillset. 
 I was watching Brady last night just calmly take apart the NYG D.... althought he did have good protection most of the night.

Another comparison would be Justin Herbert in Sunday night's game. Snap look throw. All in a fluid motion. Maybe it was because his guys were more open or it was due to scheme or something and he definitely had some lanes to run in when no one was open. Still, I think it does highlight that Burrow is looking for the deep ball too often. Take the underneath stuff to loosen up the defense. 

Football at its essence is the playground game of "keep away". When the pass rush is blitzing past your line, quickly toss it over their heads. That's it. That's the game. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's pretty obvious right now what is holding this team back and its the offensive line. They are still bad.

We struggle against teams with good defensive lines. Fixing this and adding some depth to the defense is really the last piece to the puzzle.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 12:50 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Blocking has been bad, but Burrow is not helping himself at all. There are times when he is running out of a clean pocket and into hits. OL can't block for Burrow if he does keep them between him and the rushers. There are also times where he has time to throw and he chooses to hold onto the ball rather than get rid of it. Also needs to stop turning his back to the field to run away, as nothing good ever happens with facing and running the wrong way.

And you can argue that he's doing this because he has zero trust in his offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 12:40 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Another comparison would be Justin Herbert in Sunday night's game. Snap look throw. All in a fluid motion. Maybe it was because his guys were more open or it was due to scheme or something and he definitely had some lanes to run in when no one was open. Still, I think it does highlight that Burrow is looking for the deep ball too often. Take the underneath stuff to loosen up the defense. 

Football at its essence is the playground game of "keep away". When the pass rush is blitzing past your line, quickly toss it over their heads. That's it. That's the game. 

He is so money when he does this. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 11:51 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think three of the five have played fine, but RG and C have been a liability. Also, some of these issues are on Burrow. He has caused some of these pressures and sacks. The interior playing like that makes it pretty tough. Still need talent to work with. Some of these young guys will have to come into their own or get replaced. 

It was a valiant effort but you'd have better luck trying to teach a wall how to peel a banana. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote