Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BODINE AND PRESEASON
what did you think about Westerman in 3rd. quarter?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 01:54 PM)SYLVIA Wrote: what did you think about Westerman in 3rd. quarter?

From what i saw i liked, wasn't watching the OL much late except for the mistakes. Really love the Westerman pick.

It was the other guys that seemed to get beat, Cooper i think.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 01:23 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Starting O-line  looked great except maybe on goal line.

But Hill still got it in so no big deal.

Still hope Ced or Fischer get back soon though.

That is my biggest reservation, when folks start talking about how great the OL is.  They always seem to struggle in getting short yardage in critical situations.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 01:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He definately looked much better last night. Hope this continues cause if Bodine improves we could have the best OL in football.

That was a great block he made on one play, forget which, think it was a Jeremy Hill run.

Actually Boling made the big block on the long Hill run. Bodine was his usual below average self, blocking the wrong man at least twice. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 03:04 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually Boling made the big block on the long Hill run. Bodine was his usual below average self, blocking the wrong man at least twice

Perhaps the coaches reverted back to the old "just get a hat on somebody, anybody.." 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 03:04 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually Boling made the big block on the long Hill run. Bodine was his usual below average self, blocking the wrong man at least twice. 

Boling also missed a couple blocks, he did not have his better game, as for Bodine, he seal blocked at least three times well.. not sure what game you were watching and backup center after Bodine really struggled, and we don't always know the line calls so it is hard for us to grade but from what I watched last nite, he had a good game and Boling has one very good block that helped in TD but also was weak on goalline as a whole.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 03:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Boling also missed a couple blocks, he did not have his better game, as for Bodine, he seal blocked at least three times well.. not sure what game you were watching and backup center after Bodine really struggled, and we don't always know the line calls so it is hard for us to grade but from what I watched last nite, he had a good game and Boling has one very good block that helped in TD but also was weak on goalline as a whole.

The same one you were. He was his usual below average self. As to Boling, I was specifically referring to the Hill run, and there is was him who made the big block. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 03:52 PM)Joelist Wrote: The same one you were. He was his usual below average self. As to Boling, I was specifically referring to the Hill run, and there is was him who made the big block. 

I think you need better glasses
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 03:04 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually Boling made the big block on the long Hill run. Bodine was his usual below average self, blocking the wrong man at least twice. 

Nope, it was Bodine that made a great block that i remember. Best block of the game that i saw.

Stood out to me and i have always hated on Bodine. So no bias here.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 12:14 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nope, it was Bodine that made a great block that i remember. Best block of the game that i saw.

Stood out to me and i have always hated on Bodine. So no bias here.

Think he might be referring to Gio's TD catch when Boling was not impeded at line of scrimmage and hustled out wide to block the WR to help keep Gio  go in untouched.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 12:43 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Think he might be referring to Gio's TD catch when Boling was not impeded at line of scrimmage and hustled out wide to block the WR to help keep Gio  go in untouched.  

Yep! Boling did hustle for one of the most effective blocks I've ever seen from him. I'd be happy to see that on a weekly basis!
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I think some people have unrealistic expectations that their favorite players to dog will always be horrible and that there is never a better player going against them. It's not as if every teams nose tackles are terrible. Sometimes great players make other great players just look bad. It happens. We tend to focus on plays that go wrong and forget the plays that don't go wrong. Consider Andy last season..if Bodine was as bad as some think Andy would have been sacked multiple times every single game, but he wasn't. I'm not saying Bodine is the greatest center to ever play the spot,but he's far from the worse.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 08:55 AM)grampahol Wrote: I think some people have unrealistic expectations that their favorite players to dog will always be horrible and that there is never a better player going against them. It's not as if every teams nose tackles are terrible. Sometimes great players make other great players just look bad. It happens.  We tend to focus on plays that go wrong and forget the plays that don't go wrong. Consider Andy last season..if Bodine was as bad as some think Andy would have been sacked multiple times every single game, but he wasn't. I'm not saying Bodine is the greatest center to ever play the spot,but he's far from the worse.

I agree, the frustration I have is people evaluate a player on past performance instead of focus on the actual game at hand, if Bodine had been terrible in this past preseason game this thread would have been titled different, but each game he has played in preseason from my football coaching experience I rated him with a positive performance in the limited snaps he had as a 1st stringer.  Also his backups at center have not performed that well in those games so as for team importance, I see depth at center a concern and hope Bodine stays health.
Reply/Quote
Bodine is definitely looking better, thank heavens.  Those who say he wasn't that terrible last season, need to rewatch the games and see where the pressure was coming from, and where the push on run plays came from.  Always. Up. The. Gut.  Hopefully, that won't be an issue this season, if it remains as it has been so far, we will be a force to be reckoned with running and throwing.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote