Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOOMER = GM?
Wondering whats really going on with Boomer lately....he was pushing Burrow like he had some skin in the game on it and now the push for the uniform redesign. Thinking he may be looking at John Lynch and John Elway and he can do just a s well, or better?
Of course this would mean Mike Brown was really going senile for it to happen. Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
If Boomer would have been GM in 92 we'd have drafted Troy Vincent instead of David Klingler
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's just caught up in the excitement around his old team. If the Bengals were ever to formally create a GM position, safe money is on Duke Tobin.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2020, 01:08 PM)Big Boss Wrote: He's just caught up in the excitement around his old team.  If the Bengals were ever to formally create a GM position, safe money is on Duke Tobin.

There's no doubt in my mind it's Duke's as soon as Mike Brown dies. 
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2020, 01:08 PM)Big Boss Wrote: He's just caught up in the excitement around his old team.  If the Bengals were ever to formally create a GM position, safe money is on Duke Tobin.

Believe the same as Boss here.
Reply/Quote
He is fine doing what he is doing and let him do that.
Reply/Quote
He's actually pretty good with the analyst gig, but I wouldn't be opposed to Boomer holding some sort of position in the teams management.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Boomer SUCKS!  Freakout

[Image: FabulousGargantuanAlligator-small.gif]

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2020, 02:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Believe the same as Boss here.

I'm ok with this. I think Tobin has had some really nice teams here and drafts well.. He's getting better too. Mikey just had to open the pockets a little bit.. Mike traded Boomer too.. Just doesn't seem like a fit to me..
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2020, 05:41 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm ok with this. I think Tobin has had some really nice teams here and drafts well.. He's getting better too. Mikey just had to open the pockets a little bit.. Mike traded Boomer too.. Just doesn't seem like a fit to me..

Agree.

The Draft is a crapshoot, sure there were some boneheaded picks lately and that has really hurt the team big time but you also
have to use Free Agency to help the team so you don't have to reach in the Draft. They did this this Offseason, we will see how
it goes but I loved this Draft. Cannot take care of all the holes in one Offseason but I think they did one hell of a job this one.

For all the crappy picks Tobin has had he had some very good to great picks and we also don't know what the influence was 
from the other coaches, namely Marv. All I know is I really like the last 4 Linebacker picks in Pratt, Wilson, ADG and Bailey.

Don't know if this is a coincidence just saying Marv was never that great at picking LB's or at least Tobin wasn't while Marv was
here anyways.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2020, 05:41 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm ok with this. I think Tobin has had some really nice teams here and drafts well.. He's getting better too. Mikey just had to open the pockets a little bit.. Mike traded Boomer too.. Just doesn't seem like a fit to me..

Boomer hates on the Bengals too frequently to even be considered. Cowher gives them more respect than Boomer sometimes. 

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2020, 06:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Boomer hates on the Bengals too frequently to even be considered. Cowher gives them more respect than Boomer sometimes. 

Isn’t it terrible when someone doesn’t show bias and tells some truths that need to be told. I hate how he says some good things and some bad things about the team. He shouldn’t be “hating” on the team but should only say positive things. He should show bias as an analyst and not give his actual professional opinion. I know that I only want to know the good things within the organization. I wouldn’t consider Boomer as the GM but that’s because he has no experience with it.
Reply/Quote
Keep Norman away
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2020, 06:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Boomer hates on the Bengals too frequently to even be considered. Cowher gives them more respect than Boomer sometimes. 

True but Boomer is really behind Burrow, he needs to see some wins and thinks he is the answer like all of us.

I don't dislike Boomer when he hates on us as much as say another former Bengal QB...

Boomer nor many QB's ever had the talent of that said QB...

And Boomer brought us to the Superbowl and didn't completely choke. Made some bonehead Ints against that Bills D in the AFC 
Championship but Jim Kelly and the Bills returned the favor and that Bills D was the best in the NFL at the time.

I have respect for Boomer, I just don't think he is GM material.
Reply/Quote

Based off what?

4 straight losing seasons
0 Pro Bowlers drafted since 2013
0 All-Pros drafted since 2010

Like I want to be hopeful that the Bengals can turn it around, too, but there's 0 evidence that Duke Tobin is getting better at his job.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think he's just bored cause we're all trapped at home and it's something to talk about for him. End of story.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2020, 08:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True but Boomer is really behind Burrow, he needs to see some wins and thinks he is the answer like all of us.

I don't dislike Boomer when he hates on us as much as say another former Bengal QB...

Boomer nor many QB's ever had the talent of that said QB...

And Boomer brought us to the Superbowl and didn't completely choke. Made some bonehead Ints against that Bills D in the AFC 
Championship but Jim Kelly and the Bills returned the favor and that Bills D was the best in the NFL at the time.

I have respect for Boomer, I just don't think he is GM material.

With you here, but I can't help but wonder if there isn't some "special consultant" role that might be of interest.  I would love to see Boomer helping with the team in a variety of capacities:  Asst to the GM, offensive assistant (like one in charge of self-scouting), or maybe just public relations.

Chad is being embraced now by the team and I know he would love to have some role in helping to develop the younger WRs.  I think it would be really cool if Boomer and Chad had small roles with the team.  
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2020, 01:21 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Based off what?

4 straight losing seasons
0 Pro Bowlers drafted since 2013
0 All-Pros drafted since 2010

Like I want to be hopeful that the Bengals can turn it around, too, but there's 0 evidence that Duke Tobin is getting better at his job.

Gifted the #1 pick. Took the no brainer. So I’m not giving him any credit there. We basically drafted for need all the way through. An AJ clone with an aging and franchise tagged AJ, Ross possibly being another of his first round busts, and after starting an UDFA in game 1 at WR last year. 3 LBs where we had zero depth. A DE where we are very slim. And OL where another of his potential first round busts and one of the worst groups in the league last year needed help.

Ended up cutting all the veterans this offseason who could have possibly had trade value last year.

On paper we did kill it in free agency this year. But a little help from covid 45 made it a buyers market. And there were not many teams going nuts in free agency this year.

I am by no means back on the Tobin hype train.
Reply/Quote
Okay Boomer
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2020, 08:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: With you here, but I can't help but wonder if there isn't some "special consultant" role that might be of interest.  I would love to see Boomer helping with the team in a variety of capacities:  Asst to the GM, offensive assistant (like one in charge of self-scouting), or maybe just public relations.

Chad is being embraced now by the team and I know he would love to have some role in helping to develop the younger WRs.  I think it would be really cool if Boomer and Chad had small roles with the team.  

You think Boomer would rather do this than be on CBS doing his thing?

Don't know how much he gets paid there but I don't think it is cool to do both...

Has to be against the rules.
Reply/Quote