Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BPA Multiple Choice Mock: BPA choices for each round from 4 different sims
I ran four sims and took their highest ranked player each round. I have listed the results below. At the very bottom is the choices I would make from these options.

Sims (in same order as players listed below)

A. Pro Football Focus
B. NFL Mock Draft Database
C. Sportskeeda
D. PFF (first 3 rounds only)

BPAs

Bijan Robinson RB
Calijah Kancey DT
Dalton Kindcaid TE
Tyree Wilson ED

Adetomiwa Adebawore DE/DT
B.J. Ojulari EDGE
O'Cyrus Torrence G
B.J. Ojulari EDGE

Sam LaPorta TE
Devon Achane RB
Tank Bigsby RB
Nick Saldiveri T 

Sean Tucker RB
Riley Moss CB
Ji'Ayir Brown S

Parker Washington WR
Zack Kuntz TE
Roschon Johnson RB

Payne Durham TE
Puka Nacua WR
Keaton Mitchell RB

Deneric Prince RB
Mohamed Ibrahim RB
Byron Young EDGE

Who I would draft:

1. Bijan Robinson RB
2. Adetomiwa Adebawore DE/DT
3. Nick Saldiveri T
4. Riley Moss CB
5. Parker Washington WR
6. Keaton Mitchell RB
7. Byron Young DE/DT (Alabama)

I did consider Kancey in the first round but even an offensive and defensive line lover like myself can't pass on a dynamic playmaker like Robinson.

The next two rounds scratch that itch I have to draft for our lines. And I know people will say "If you like playmakers then how can you pass on Sam LaPorta?" The truth is, Nick Saldiveri just seems like a really good fit for our team. He can play right tackle or guard. His pass pro abilities are exceptional even if his run blocking could use some work and he did not allow a sack during the 2022 season. I will say that again. He did not allow a sack during the 2022 season. Seems like he is worth taking a chance on at least. Could be a future starter once we need to stop paying FAs to man the line, and for now would be a nice depth piece.

Riley Moss and Parker Washington fill needs. Washington can play slot and would be a future Tyler Boyd replacement. They both have special teams potential as well.

I was surprised to see Byron Young available at the end of the 7th. I doubt that happens for real though there is always someone who goes undrafted or nearly undrafted who should've been a mid-rounder so it isn't totally crazy I guess. 

At least one of the shortcomings with my mock is obvious. No TE is drafted, even with Dalton Kincaid and Sam LaPorta available. I made my choices. What are yours?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tyree Wilson is pretty much a lock for the top 5. I can't imagine passing on him at 28.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 11:43 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Tyree Wilson is pretty much a lock for the top 5.  I can't imagine passing on him at 28.

ESPN has a draft day predictor that give probability a player will be available at pick 1, pick 2, etc. Tyree Wilson is given almost zero possibility of being available even by pick 12. Whatever draft simulator has him falling to pick 28 cannot be trusted. Some have Tyree Wilson as the 4th best player in the entire draft. If lightening struck and he were around at pick 28, the Bengals would rush en masse to the podium to get him in as their pick.

Use the following to see the projected availability of each pick according to round:

https://www.espnsportsanalytics.com/nfl-draft/
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 02:27 PM)Nepa Wrote: ESPN has a draft day predictor that give probability a player will be available at pick 1, pick 2, etc. Tyree Wilson is given almost zero possibility of being available even by pick 12. Whatever draft simulator has him falling to pick 28 cannot be trusted. Some have Tyree Wilson as the 4th best player in the entire draft. If lightening struck and he were around at pick 28, the Bengals would rush en masse to the podium to get him in as their pick.

Use the following to see the projected availability of each pick according to round:

https://www.espnsportsanalytics.com/nfl-draft/

Yep, Tyree is actually my favorite player in this entire draft. I really think he will be great in the NFL. No way he falls to even the teens.

To BoomerFan, I would be happy with this Draft, I just think we will draft a TE somewhat early. I think in this scenario we would take 
LaPorta in the 2nd over Adebawore. Would be awesome to get both Bijan Robinson and Keaton Mitchell. Talk about a dynamic duo.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 03:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, Tyree is actually my favorite player in this entire draft. I really think he will be great in the NFL. No way he falls to even the teens.

To BoomerFan, I would be happy with this Draft, I just think we will draft a TE somewhat early. I think in this scenario we would take 
LaPorta in the 2nd over Adebawore. Would be awesome to get both Bijan Robinson and Keaton Mitchell. Talk about a dynamic duo.

If you draft BR, you are getting a total weapon.  With two on the roster and BR in the 1st, you don't have to and shouldn't draft a TE before the fourth round.
Reply/Quote
Out of the listing of choices for each round provided:

1. Bijan Robinson
2. Adetomiwa Adebowore
3. Nick Saldiveri
4. Riley Moss
5. Zack Kuntz
6. Keaton Mitchell
7. Byron Young

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 04:56 PM)Stewy Wrote: If you draft BR, you are getting a total weapon.  With two on the roster and BR in the 1st, you don't have to and shouldn't draft a TE before the fourth round.

True on Bijan being a total weapon, I just don't see us relying on Irv Smith Jr, Sample and Asiasi at TE and expect us to Draft a TE 
somewhat early. We HAVE looked at TE and RB the most of any positions and all of the top guys. Irv Smith is always injured, Sample
is nothing special in the passing game and Asiasi also isn't special.

With RB Mixon is costing us too much money and doesn't pass pro worth a damn. With Bijan and Mitchell this is no longer a problem
and we can designate him a June 1st cut right after the Draft. Evans had like 3 snaps on Offense last year, Trayveon also didn't have 
hardly any. RB is a huge question mark right now.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 05:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True on Bijan being a total weapon, I just don't see us relying on Irv Smith Jr, Sample and Asiasi at TE and expect us to Draft a TE 
somewhat early. We HAVE looked at TE and RB the most of any positions and all of the top guys. Irv Smith is always injured, Sample
is nothing special in the passing game and Asiasi also isn't special.

With RB Mixon is costing us too much money and doesn't pass pro worth a damn. With Bijan and Mitchell this is no longer a problem
and we can designate him a June 1st cut right after the Draft. Evans had like 3 snaps on Offense last year, Trayveon also didn't have 
hardly any. RB is a huge question mark right now.

I'm sorry but if you draft a RB in the 1st, the 2nd round pick is a waste on a TE.  It just is, especially in what some are calling the deepest TE class in history.  That's too much investment and too little opportunities to go around.  You realize BR played receiver in the slot and owned the middle of the field when he played that right?  He isn't just a RB.  He would completely reset what you do within +/-5 yards of the LOS, and adding a high TE draft pick to that is just a complete redundant waste.

We aren't getting BR, but if we do, no TE before the 4th.  There just are not enough touches to go around.
Reply/Quote