Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BPA, Who do you pick?
Not a Kenyon Green fan. Reminds me of Michael Jordan.

1) Trey McBride, Logan Hall
2) Travis Jones, Dax Hill
3) Sky Moore, James Cook
Reply/Quote
McBride looks like he could be the first tight end off the board. But....I'm not convinced he's the right value there. I wouldn't hate a first round TE pick if it falls under a BPA scenario. Just not convinced McBride is that in round 1. He's honestly a tough grade for me. 90 catches, over 1100 yards, but only 1 TD reception his final year in college. I want to call him a second rounder, but freely admit I could be wrong on him. The top 3 tight ends fall that way to me admittedly. All close to one another in grade, but none maybe 1st rounders.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We're picking so late, who knows who BPA will be at that time?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 02:53 AM)willieFANderson Wrote: Not a Kenyon Green fan. Reminds me of Michael Jordan.

3) Sky Moore, James Cook

I think Daxton Hill goes before any of the other guys.
Dude looks like a legit FS to me.

But if going off your list:
1) Logan Hall
2) Daxton Hill
3) James Cook
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 09:14 AM)Goalpost Wrote: McBride looks like he could be the first tight end off the board.   But....I'm not convinced he's the right value there.  I wouldn't hate a first round TE pick if it falls under a BPA scenario.  Just not convinced McBride is that in round 1.  He's honestly a tough grade for me.  90 catches, over 1100 yards, but only 1 TD reception his final year in college.  I want to call him a second rounder, but freely admit I could be wrong on him.  The top 3 tight ends fall that way to me admittedly.  All close to one another in grade, but none maybe 1st rounders.

I think I got spoiled with Kyle Pitts last year, but McBride looks so pedestrian.
He has good hands and will move the chains, but I see just a typical TE.
I wouldn't take McBride in Rd 1.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 10:32 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We're picking so late, who knows who BPA will be at that time?

Right

There will be so many twists and turns between now and the draft. Then after the draft starts there's always a couple surprise picks so on, so on.

I'm hoping there's a decent Olineman available when we pick.
Reply/Quote
Right now I'm all for BPA at OL, but there's a lot to do right now. We have to see who we re-sign and see who we sign in free agency, since we actually use it right now.

Also have to imagine the Bengals will be listening to trade offers from teams looking at the fringe 1st round QBs.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 09:14 AM)Goalpost Wrote: McBride looks like he could be the first tight end off the board.   But....I'm not convinced he's the right value there.  I wouldn't hate a first round TE pick if it falls under a BPA scenario.  Just not convinced McBride is that in round 1.  He's honestly a tough grade for me.  90 catches, over 1100 yards, but only 1 TD reception his final year in college.  I want to call him a second rounder, but freely admit I could be wrong on him.  The top 3 tight ends fall that way to me admittedly.  All close to one another in grade, but none maybe 1st rounders.

I love McBride, he and Burrow would be Brady-Gronk for a long time.  But I agree with you that he is 2nd round value but will be gone long before we pick at the very last spot in round 2.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 02:53 AM)willieFANderson Wrote: Not a Kenyon Green fan. Reminds me of Michael Jordan.

3) Sky Moore, James Cook

Yeesh.  I've been looking at Dax Hill at the end of the 1st.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 11:37 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think I got spoiled with Kyle Pitts last year, but McBride looks so pedestrian.
He has good hands and will move the chains, but I see just a typical TE.
I wouldn't take McBride in Rd 1.

Welcome to picking 31st in the NFL draft. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 10:32 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We're picking so late, who knows who BPA will be at that time?

Also makes you wonder who trades up in front of the Bengals if Linderbaum is still available? I like Daniel Faalele in the second if he lasts that long.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote