Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: A NEW injury ends John Ross' season
Unrelated to previous injuries. Weird year for the kid.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/12/06/cincinnati-bengals-place-first-round-pick-john-ross-injured-reserve/928595001/
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 06:52 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Unrelated to previous injuries. Weird year for the kid.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/12/06/cincinnati-bengals-place-first-round-pick-john-ross-injured-reserve/928595001/

Any idea how he got hurt?
Reply/Quote
What a waste.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jim,

Is Ross really hurt or do you get the feeling Marvin is benching him for his own, stubborn reasons?
Reply/Quote
Well, hopefully he'll be ready to go for the 2019 season.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Is it too late to trade him?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
This kid had to have been damaged goods coming in. What a bummer. Now all we can do is hope he steps up next year like WJIII
Reply/Quote
Damn was hoping to see him play this season. Hopefully he will be back by the spring.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Fire everyone, burn down Paul Brown Stadium, bulldoze the ashes into the river, pray for anyone downstream who comes into contact with the ashes.
Reply/Quote
Wow if this doesn't seem suspicious!!! Lol This kid will be lights out next season under a new regime!! Although as I type this I realize, if "Radio" stays the head coach, the Bengals will wait till June to have surgery and then Ross's 2nd season will be wiped out... This is the damnest dumbest organization in the history of organizations...
Reply/Quote
It's obvious Lewis is just being a jackass once again. First he said Ross will play against the Bears but later the same day he goes on I.R??? I bet the next coach uses him the way the chiefs use Tyreek Hill.
Reply/Quote
On the bright side, we might get a look at Tupou this week.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 06:55 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Any idea how he got hurt?

By holding the clipboard too much
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 06:59 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Jim,

Is Ross really hurt or do you get the feeling Marvin is benching him for his own, stubborn reasons?

not since he is actually having surgery next week.  surgery only happens with a real injury

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This organization is cursed ! There's a dark cloud following this team around.

It's the curse of Mike Brown.

Guess I'll just Wasted
Reply/Quote
Major surgery #4.

This is why you don't draft a flyweight WR who already had major surgeries on both knees and was still recovering from his shoulder surgery coming into the draft.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 06:59 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Jim,

You think they'd play Josh Malone who is a rookie and not Ross because he is a rookie?

Makes no sense.
Reply/Quote
Do you guys think that maybe...just maybe Ross doesn't look good in practice and gets injured a lot?

I doubt there is some conspiracy to keep him off the field at this point.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 07:11 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Wow if this doesn't seem suspicious!!! Lol This kid will be lights out next season under a new regime!! Although as I type this I realize, if "Radio" stays the head coach, the Bengals will wait till June to have surgery and then Ross's 2nd season will be wiped out... This is the damnest dumbest organization in the history of organizations...

I hope you’re right, but this was a bad pick when we made it. And it’s becoming a trend. A guy with a huge upside but equally as huge injury concerns and we took him high. Much like Og, we probably took him higher than we should have. And in hindsight, maybe not at all.
Reply/Quote
Damn i lost on the he'd have over 5 catches thread.

Reply/Quote