Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here?
(12-05-2017, 10:07 PM)Utts Wrote: I sort of agree. I think Gruden knows football, and can coach just fine. However, I don't think he does enough research on the teams he's covering.

I liked him better before he was this "folky" character that he's become on ESPN... It was obvious last night that he's never really seen the Bengals play this year. I don't suppose many of the commentators who do the big games have seen much of them.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Guys Mike is clearing the deck for the next coach.

No asst coaches are under contract. This has been by design and it’s been in the works since 2015.

Hue was an idiot to leave
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Guys Mike is clearing the deck for the next coach.  

No asst coaches are under contract.  This has been by design and it’s been in the works since 2015.  

Hue was an idiot to leave

Let's hope so.
Reply/Quote
Him wanting to be here...and him being paid to be here are two different things. One involves our ownership, which isn't going to pay a high caliber coach to come here. You can bet Gruden is going to want a pretty penny for coming out of pseudo retirement. I don't see him doing it for what MB is more than likely going to offer.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I think Jon Gruden wants to coach , he has been giving a lot of hints.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Mike Brown would be like, "Sure Jon, you can come coach here, but you must keep Paul Alexander. And Paul Guenther. And Darrin Simmons. And Kevin Coyle. And Jonathan Hayes. And James Urban. And Chip Morton. And we have to keep Michael Johnson, Adam Jones, and Brandon LaFell through their contracts next year. But other than that, you can change things!"

Don't forget that he'd also have to put up with Mikey interfering with draft selections.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I think he would if the money was right,but I don't think Brown would do it.even if he got a playoff win that would make him a legend in the sports world lol
Reply/Quote
Why would we want Jon Gruden to coach here? Well maybe he wouldn't be a good coach for this team, however, look what we have now. Sometimes a change helps! Jon is young and also has SBRing . I've watched him do play by play on games and he usually tells what a particular play was and why it worked or didn't work. Besides members of this board who are a lot smarter about football than me seems to favor him.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 01:04 PM)firstand10 Wrote: Why would we want Jon Gruden to coach here? Well maybe he wouldn't be a good coach for this team, however, look what we have now. Sometimes a change helps! Jon is young and also has SBRing . I've watched him do play by play on games and he usually tells what a particular play was and why it worked or didn't work. Besides members of this board who are a lot smarter about football than me seems to favor him.

He'd NEVER come here. He'd want more control than the Bengals would give him and more pay.
Reply/Quote
I agree! But it would be nice if suddenly he had a change of heart!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 08:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: NYgeFBY.gif]

I've been watching this for 13 minutes now. What the heck is the other guy saying??

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 02:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've been watching this for 13 minutes now. What the heck is the other guy saying??

Refer back to post 36 and then think about it for a second.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Mike Brown would be like, "Sure Jon, you can come coach here, but you must keep Paul Alexander. And Paul Guenther. And Darrin Simmons. And Kevin Coyle. And Jonathan Hayes. And James Urban. And Chip Morton. And we have to keep Michael Johnson, Adam Jones, and Brandon LaFell through their contracts next year. But other than that, you can change things!"

Sadly this would be the case. Sick
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:52 PM)Trademark Wrote: He was gushing over the team last night, also if his brother gets canned we can bring him back in some role too. That’s a dream scenario though

no dream imo.....
a nightmare...
I don't want any gruden....
Reply/Quote