Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: A NEW injury ends John Ross' season
what a ***** waste
Reply/Quote
What a waste of a 1st round draft pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We found our guy to replace Eifert (on the injury report) when he leaves!
Reply/Quote
the #15 jersey is cursed for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 07:10 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Fire everyone, burn down Paul Brown Stadium, bulldoze the ashes into the river, pray for anyone downstream who comes into contact with the ashes.

Thirteen weeks in we finally get our 2018 team slogan.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Just an awful, horrible, wasted pick.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 07:24 PM)804 fan Wrote: It's obvious Lewis is just being a jackass once again. First he said Ross will play against the Bears but later the same day he goes on I.R??? I bet the next coach uses him the way the chiefs use Tyreek Hill.

Either Lewis is totally out of touch with reality, or he is hell-bent on punishing Ross. Maybe he could he be angling for a comp-pick because this pick was so bad? (joke). I doubt anyone (except Brown) could make the Ross pick without Marvin's approval.
Good luck, Mr. Ross.
Reply/Quote
Calm down guys.

His rookie season is turning out much like the Great Kirkpatrick, he gonna become a beast like Dre! Ninja

Joking aside, starting to feel like we drafted Tavon Austin 2.0..... hoping we didn't!

I still think Ross has great potential, not calling him a bust yet, just a bust rookie year.

Look at the WJ3 scenario. Not too shabby of a player.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 07:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: On the bright side, we might get a look at Tupou this week.

Does he play wr too?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 10:16 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Does he play wr too?

I'm sure he would, if they asked it of him.  We have Josh Malone to develop, get him some action.  It's becoming obvious that Boyd is nothing special, and Core has fallen off the radar.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 08:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Do you guys think that maybe...just maybe Ross doesn't look good in practice and gets injured a lot?

I doubt there is some conspiracy to keep him off the field at this point.

I may consider that. But then I think of the time that he suited up, fumbled, and never saw the field again. Then I go to the time he quit on a route (the only Bengal WR to ever do so), and never saw the field again.

I hated the pick myself, but I'm not buying the "He looks bad in practice" bullshit. We have players that look bad in games, and they seem to keep trotting them back out there.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 08:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We found our guy to replace Eifert (on the injury report) when he leaves!

They're not letting Eifert go anywhere... The guy knows the system.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 08:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Major surgery #4.

This is why you don't draft a flyweight WR who already had major surgeries on both knees and was still recovering from his shoulder surgery coming into the draft.

It was a bad pick then, and even a worse one today.

All we can do is hope the little guy will never be injury prone again and be a productive top 10 draft pick.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 07:10 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Fire everyone, burn down Paul Brown Stadium, bulldoze the ashes into the river, pray for anyone downstream who comes into contact with the ashes.

My sentiments exactly lol

Reply/Quote
It sounds like he was put on IR so the DT from the practice squad Josh T wasn't picked up by whoever claimed him.....

as other have said its been a wasted year, hopefully our new HC knows what to do with the kid...
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
And to think I was getting slammed before the season started for saying he was a wasted pick. We passed on some really good players. I didn't think we needed a WR but I was down for Kupp or even JuJu in the 2nd or 3rd if we was able to move McCarron. So of course our star 1st RD WR can't even get on the field and JuJu knocks the shit out of Burfict. This franchise has taken years off my life. Pathetic
Reply/Quote

Eventually making it to New Orleans, luckily it’s the Saints that the curse would be hitting and I assume, given their name, they’re immune to curses.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 06:52 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Unrelated to previous injuries. Weird year for the kid.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/12/06/cincinnati-bengals-place-first-round-pick-john-ross-injured-reserve/928595001/

He's as fragile as a cracked pane of glass.

Reply/Quote
Bengals.

lulz

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 08:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Major surgery #4.

This is why you don't draft a flyweight WR who already had major surgeries on both knees and was still recovering from his shoulder surgery coming into the draft.

Yep! You let someone else draft those guys.

Reply/Quote