Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: A NEW injury ends John Ross' season
The Cincinnati Bengals--we didn't invent stupid, we only perfected it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 03:15 AM)McC Wrote: Next year, he will shut a lot of know it all up.  Course, none of them will have the stones to admit they were wrong.

I agree with this,people can talk shit now and won't show face and admit they was a dumb ass. Lets get this straight ,they want marvin gone,but they also follow the lead and say ross is a bust because ross wasnt used by his coach,you got to actually be targeted the damn ball to be counted as a bust and also on the field.

Furthermore , it's being said it's the other shoulder and it's just a cleanup? And it was said on Twitter he looked fine in the locker room before the decision ,today was just a walk through!! Lol are you kidding me , do fans not remember William Jackson was ready last season at the end but Marvin ir him anyway.  Our fans are so gullable to this coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
Count me disappointed. I was hoping he'd get some meaningful playing time once we were out of contention to see what he'd bring to the game. Wasn't overly thrilled/agitated when we drafted him, but I felt we needed to upgrade the WR corps in this year's draft.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 06:52 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Unrelated to previous injuries. Weird year for the kid.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/12/06/cincinnati-bengals-place-first-round-pick-john-ross-injured-reserve/928595001/

So what else is new ? Kirkpatrick, Ogbuehi, WJ3....wasn't Andre Smith injured most of rookie year and Pollack. Carson Palmer never played a snap his rookie year, but that was Marvin Lewis idea. ....Dalton and Green having good rookie years is rare for this team.  Somewhere it is written that Bengals first round picks can't play their rookie year.  So much for getting excited about the draft every year, they often don't play anyway.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Oh bloody hell. He's going to remember how he was treated his rookie season when he's eventually a free agent.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Reports are he broke his trust with Andy Dalton. Such a shame; could be the end of his career.

I blame the coaches for allowing him to played with it already damaged. WHEN WILL THEY LEARN?!?!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 06:52 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Unrelated to previous injuries. Weird year for the kid.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/12/06/cincinnati-bengals-place-first-round-pick-john-ross-injured-reserve/928595001/

Well, this is like when you have diarrhea and you just keep wiping your ass and there just seems to be an endless amount of shit.  That is this season.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 08:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Do you guys think that maybe...just maybe Ross doesn't look good in practice and gets injured a lot?

I doubt there is some conspiracy to keep him off the field at this point.

Right. Of all the "hate Marvin" conspiracies going around, this one makes zero sense. There's enough real stuff to bash the man for, I don't know why people feel the need to make stuff up....
Reply/Quote
Oh look, Ross is Fragilé..must be Italian.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 03:15 AM)McC Wrote: Next year, he will shut a lot of know it all up.  Course, none of them will have the stones to admit they were wrong.

Exactly. The second he makes a single NFL catch ill be ready to stuff crow down their throats, too. 

I say we still put him out there. This IR stuff is clearly another Marvin Lewis lie.  Next year when we have a real HC and he will play Ross. Then we will all be happy. 

Speed kills. 
Reply/Quote
I was one who had been pounding the drum for John Ross given his primary injuries in college were to his knees and the injury he had surgery on in the offseason was his shoulder. And when healthy, he was a dynamite at Washington. One of the most electric WRs I've seen in awhile. Then once he got to the Bengals, it was his ankle and now his other shoulder. I do nope he isn't plagued with injuries the rest of his career.

Give him through at least next season before writing him off. This guy has a full offseason to recover now, learn the playbook, and hopefully be with a new regime that will be more inclined to play younger players over mediocre veterans.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

It's possible Ross proves his doubters wrong next year, but he sure as hell made his supporters look like morons this year.  Oof.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 09:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Right. Of all the "hate Marvin" conspiracies going around, this one makes zero sense. There's enough real stuff to bash the man for, I don't know why people feel the need to make stuff up....

I feel oddly comforted that Ross could have potentially had a shoulder injury for a while that prevented him from looking good in practice.

Atleast that may explain why Josh Malone plays over him.

Which is another bunk rumor...that Marvin won't play a rookie WR as Malone plays!

Marvin deserves being held accountable for things...but Ross isn't one.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 10:45 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel oddly comforted that Ross could have potentially had a shoulder injury for a while that prevented him from looking good in practice.

Atleast that may explain why Josh Malone plays over him.

Which is another bunk rumor...that Marvin won't play a rookie WR as Malone plays!

Marvin deserves being held accountable for things...but Ross isn't one.

I hear ya.  I realize we are fans and the Bengals haven't won a damn thing so we're ready to just throw everything against the wall but lordy.  Saying we need a new HC because we insist a guy with 2 bad shoulders and a bad knee needs to be on the field is the craziest thing I've heard since people cheered replacing Hue with Zampese because the latter was going to tailor the offense around Jeremy Hill.  
Reply/Quote

Next year we will win the superbowl. NEXT year. NEXT year.

Should have taken someone else that could have played this year, that would have helped the team waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more this season than, NEXT year.  oh btw, NEXT year we will get to draft again.  Whatever

What about the PRESENT?   Say What
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 09:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Right. Of all the "hate Marvin" conspiracies going around, this one makes zero sense. There's enough real stuff to bash the man for, I don't know why people feel the need to make stuff up....

Agree with this.   I admit thinking that Marvin was cutting his nose to spite his face - and there is probably a little of that in his decision-making.

But the IR thing is a player who appears to be very fragile.  Boy I hope I'm wrong, but he appears to be a bust just due to his fragility.

We'll find out next year, but this was not a Marvin cloaked conspiracy to make sure the kid didn't play.
Reply/Quote
Of course the players I wanted to draft the most (Foster and Allen) both had significant injury issues.

So I can't really blame the team for taking a shot on some rare speed.

I can already sniff the excitement for next year's voluntary workouts and TC.  Hope springs eternal for fools like me.
Reply/Quote
Exclamation 
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21699662/cincinnati-bengals-wr-john-ross-admits-concealing-shoulder-injury-coach-says

Ross admits he hid new shoulder injury. :paul:
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Is he paid a salary for this year? Why? Marvin said Ross admits he hid the injury. Lacking character is a good reason to bench someone.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:01 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21699662/cincinnati-bengals-wr-john-ross-admits-concealing-shoulder-injury-coach-says

Ross admits he hid new shoulder injury.  :paul:

Man oh man, Ross sure likes making people who defend him look like hoses' patoots.  Oh wait, Marvin Lewis is probably holding him at gunpoint forcing him to "admit" he hid the injury (if he's even injured at all).  Damn you Marvin.

On a lighter note, John Ross...the healthy scratch with two torn shoulders and two bad knees. I bet Eifert has been in tip-top shape all this time, too!
Reply/Quote