Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: A NEW injury ends John Ross' season
(12-07-2017, 10:10 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Exactly. The second he makes a single NFL catch ill be ready to stuff crow down their throats, too. 

I say we still put him out there. This IR stuff is clearly another Marvin Lewis lie.  Next year when we have a real HC and he will play Ross. Then we will all be happy. 

Speed kills. 

Oh...he's going to make catches in the NFL.

The big concerns are:

1 ) Can he stay healthy or is he another Eifert.
2 ) Will all these injuries rob him of his speed.
     2A ) If he loses his speed, can he adapt.

Injuries in the NFL to knees can zap and athlete's speed really quickly.
Reply/Quote
Count me in the majorly disappointed crowd with Ross, thought he could be great.

But with another coach and an Offseason he might be able to come back i hope.

I guess i was completely wrong with the pick.

Could of had any number of players that would of atleast played more than a few snaps as a rookie.

I am eating crow pie out of a dirty ash tray on this one. Sick
Reply/Quote
To me, of all the weirdness of this season, the whole Ross situation remains the most stupefying. There's never been a definitive word on what's been going on with that guy from day one. I do not believe that Marvin has kept him off the field for no reason other than just because he wanted to.

Instead of making ML the villain here, it's entirely possible that he's been covering up some glaring physical, mental or health related weaknesses of the kid. Who knows... Now all of a sudden, out of nowhere, Ross needs season ending surgery. Just very strange the way it has, and continues to play out.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:07 PM)BMK Wrote: To me, of all the weirdness of this season, the whole Ross situation remains the most stupefying. There's never been a definitive word on what's been going on with that guy from day one. I do not believe that Marvin has kept him off the field for no reason other than just because he wanted to.  

Instead of making ML the villain here, it's entirely possible that he's been covering up some glaring physical, mental or health related weaknesses of the kid. Who knows...  Now all of a sudden, out of nowhere, Ross needs season ending surgery.  Just very strange the way it has, and continues to play out.

It is a little odd that a guy with 2 bad knees and 2 bad shoulders was listed as a "healthy" scratch for so long.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, it's pretty clear by his go route that he stopped in the middle of (you know, the one where he would have been wide open and scored if he kept running), that not only is he fragile, but he hasn't learned the playbook. THAT is on John Ross, not Marvin Lewis. Hiding a shoulder injury is on John Ross, not Marvin Lewis. And making me defend Marvin Lewis??? THAT is on John Ross....and I'm just about done with him.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And making me defend Marvin Lewis??? THAT is on John Ross....and I'm just about done with him.

That's what has irked me the most about this whole John Ross thing...me finding myself defending Marvin Lewis, ugh.  Now I'm scared between the "We should be 10-2 right now" and the "Ross wasn't Marvin's fault" narratives we are heading for more Marvin Lewis at HC.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 07:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: On the bright side, we might get a look at Tupou this week.

Should have never sent him back to the PS in favor of Sims in the first place.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, it's pretty clear by his go route that he stopped in the middle of (you know, the one where he would have been wide open and scored if he kept running), that not only is he fragile, but he hasn't learned the playbook. THAT is on John Ross, not Marvin Lewis. Hiding a shoulder injury is on John Ross, not Marvin Lewis. And making me defend Marvin Lewis??? THAT is on John Ross....and I'm just about done with him.

I think the part that confuses me is if he was hiding the other shoulder injury, why did it just come to light right after Marvin said he would play this Sunday? Why not have still kept it a secret?

But I agree, the injury should have been mentioned prior and could have made everyone quit being so furious at the org for not playing Ross when he seemed healthy.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think the part that confuses me is if he was hiding the other shoulder injury, why did it just come to light right after Marvin said he would play this Sunday? Why not have still kept it a secret?

But I agree, the injury should have been mentioned prior and could have made everyone quit being so furious at the org for not playing Ross when he seemed healthy.

Maybe I'm being negative here, but it sounds like Ross maybe wanted to stay off the field and lay low and as soon as Marvin was like "nuts to it, you're going in" he had to come clean.  It sort of reminds me of Bob Ucker saying he liked being the catcher stuck in the bullpen because the sooner he got in the game the sooner it would become clear that he wasn't any good at playing baseball.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe I'm being negative here, but it sounds like Ross maybe wanted to stay off the field and lay low and as soon as Marvin was like "nuts to it, you're going in" he had to come clean.  It sort of reminds me of Bob Ucker saying he liked being the catcher stuck in the bullpen because the sooner he got in the game the sooner it would become clear that he wasn't any good at playing baseball.

I'm going to have to disagree with that because he openly said he rushed his ankle recovery to play and he hid injuries in the past to stay on the field.
It doesn't make sense to hide an injury only just to reveal it when called upon because he thought he wouldn't have to play.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm going to have to disagree with that because he openly said he rushed his ankle recovery to play and he hid injuries in the past to stay on the field.
It doesn't make sense to hide an injury only just to reveal it when called upon because he thought he wouldn't have to play.

Good point, and we are just trying to piece together a bizarre narrative so who knows.  I'll say it may be time to admit your shoulder is IR-able when your number is called and you are pretty sure you're going to look like total arse on the field. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 07:10 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Fire everyone, burn down Paul Brown Stadium, bulldoze the ashes into the river, pray for anyone downstream who comes into contact with the ashes.

Yup....this one's going to the JN HOF quote thread.... LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Just feel owed a true explanation from organization on John Ross situation.

Will never happen though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 09:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, this is like when you have diarrhea and you just keep wiping your ass and there just seems to be an endless amount of shit.  That is this season.  

.......and another one for the HOF!  She's a beaut Clark, a beaut! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Count me in the majorly disappointed crowd with Ross, thought he could be great.

But with another coach and an Offseason he might be able to come back i hope.

I guess i was completely wrong with the pick.

Could of had any number of players that would of atleast played more than a few snaps as a rookie.

I am eating crow pie out of a dirty ash tray on this one. Sick

Honestly, no one knows how these guys will be when drafted. All 1st Round picks are starts in college basically.

On Ross, the injury history was concerning.

Generally I don't put a lot of stock in combine numbers. After Ross ran his 40, he was considered a 2nd Round or late 1st pick...and I heard the Bengals really liked him and it concerned me.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 03:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, no one knows how these guys will be when drafted. All 1st Round picks are starts in college basically.

On Ross, the injury history was concerning.

Generally I don't put a lot of stock in combine numbers. After Ross ran his 40, he was considered a 2nd Round or late 1st pick...and I heard the Bengals really liked him and it concerned me.

It did seem like a late-stage Al Davis kind of pick, didn't it?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 03:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It did seem like a late-stage Al Davis kind of pick, didn't it?

Sadly, with our lack of scouts...we do scout workouts and the combine so you see us take freakishly fast guys or freakishly strong guys...that generally can't play football.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 03:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Sadly, with our lack of scouts...we do scout workouts and the combine so you see us take freakishly fast guys or freakishly strong guys...that generally can't play football.

https://youtu.be/IkkL-bAH8H4

Pure strength and size means nothing against technique and sheer will.
Reply/Quote
Hated,hated,hated,hated the pick. Totally hated. I’m curious as to if the bengals even know what “red flags” are.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 07:10 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Fire everyone, burn down Paul Brown Stadium, bulldoze the ashes into the river, pray for anyone downstream who comes into contact with the ashes.

That is a classic line. Kudos to you.
Reply/Quote