Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: A NEW injury ends John Ross' season
(12-07-2017, 02:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Should have never sent him back to the PS in favor of Sims in the first place.

Omg in years past I never disliked sims,but Monday night I seen one play where he was unguarded and instead of rushing towards big Ben he stood there,I yelled at the tv like what are you doing.
Reply/Quote
I cheered the pick and actually said it would be Ross a couple weeks before the draft I thought they would go offensive weapon because that's what we needed. Yet when they signed lafell I was like noooo that means lafell will be #2 . I just don't see how people trust Marvin Lewis after all his lies over the years . He shut down other players like Jackson last year when he was ready to play. I think this is exactly what happen and John Ross looks like he's being told what to say in every interview. The dude could of played.
Reply/Quote
No one will know the truth about Ross until we have a new HC who has balls and wants to truly experiment, take chances and win the games that we're not 'supposed' to win.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 10:45 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel oddly comforted that Ross could have potentially had a shoulder injury for a while that prevented him from looking good in practice.

Atleast that may explain why Josh Malone plays over him.

Which is another bunk rumor...that Marvin won't play a rookie WR as Malone plays!

Marvin deserves being held accountable for things...but Ross isn't one.

Malone gets minimal snaps and very few targets.  That isn't exactly what I call "plays".  He gets very limited opportunity.  Meanwhile, the guy that should rotate in the slot, Lafell, trots out there at X every damn down.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 12:34 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: I cheered the pick and actually said it would be Ross a couple weeks before the draft I thought they would go offensive weapon because that's what we needed. Yet when they signed lafell I was like noooo that means lafell will be #2 . I just don't see how people trust Marvin Lewis after all his lies over the years . He shut down other players like Jackson last year when he was ready to play. I think this is exactly what happen and John Ross looks like he's being told what to say in every interview. The dude could of played.

So you think they decided to play Josh Malone who is a rookie over Ross...yet Ross looks great in practice?

Ross is getting another surgery.

He came here while he was recovering from a shoulder injury, then hurt his knee, then hurt his other shoulder and hid it. That's 3 fairly major injuries.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 08:57 AM)Takedown Wrote: No one will know the truth about Ross until we have a new HC who has balls and wants to truly experiment, take chances and win the games that we're not 'supposed' to win.

Once again, they played late Round pick Malone. They played 2nd year UDFA Erickson.

It actually takes more 'balls' for a coach to play those guys over a Top 10 pick.

This is on Ross more than Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 07:10 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Fire everyone, burn down Paul Brown Stadium, bulldoze the ashes into the river, pray for anyone downstream who comes into contact with the ashes.

Being built of mostly steel and concrete the heat required to burn it to the ground would really endanger the entire city which I'm technically ok with being I don't live anywhere near Cincinnati anymore..I just don't want to see innocent women and children get hurt. FOR GAWDS SAKE, THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
On the other hand they might grow up to become Bengals fans..
You're right..burn it down and put the poor kids out of their misery while they still have a chance..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
You know..any college player with a serious injury is probably thinking,"Since I'm probably going to start my NFL career on injured reserve I'll probably be a first round pick and get to be a starter for Cincinnati in 3 or 4 years! Yey me! "

Probably best to start compiling a list of college players who are currently hospitalized to decide who you think the Bengals will pick in the first round in the upcoming draft..
The criteria..
Injured check
Not very good check
No particular need check
Disliked in general by Marv check
Previous undisclosed injuries check
Under sized for position check
Shady background check
There has to be other factors that would keep other teams from picking in the first round..
Don't forget.. "very athletic"..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 09:49 AM)R3stangs Wrote: Oh look, Ross is Fragilé..must be Italian.

Reps, perfect for the season...

BTW, hate that they are making a live remake of this show. Always have to screw shit up cause there is no orginality left in HW. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: .......and another one for the HOF!  She's a beaut Clark, a beaut! LMAO

You serious Clark?

(12-07-2017, 03:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, no one knows how these guys will be when drafted. All 1st Round picks are starts in college basically.

On Ross, the injury history was concerning.

Generally I don't put a lot of stock in combine numbers. After Ross ran his 40, he was considered a 2nd Round or late 1st pick...and I heard the Bengals really liked him and it concerned me.

The injuries were my only concern with Ross, validly so i guess.

As far as the player goes, he was amazing at Washington though in a variety of ways. Not only speed, great in open space,
same size as Antonio Brown just a much more classy dude, wide route tree for a college receiver, best redzone threat in the
country at one point in college, TD every 5 catches etc.
Reply/Quote
Sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread. I'm sure you've seen by now it was sort of this mysterious thing that popped up over the course of the year. Talked to John today and will have something brief up. I don't think the Bengals messed this up - it was John trying to play through something and eventually he couldn't deal with the pain anymore.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 08:57 AM)Takedown Wrote: No one will know the truth about Ross until we have a new HC who has balls and wants to truly experiment, take chances and win the games that we're not 'supposed' to win.

So you want a coach who plays to win but you also want him to bench a decent #2 WR in order to play a rookie with 2 bad knees and 2 shoulder injuries. Good luck with that. 

I get it, we are frustrated and stagnant but what else could Ross possibly do to convince people he wasn't the answer for 2017's woes?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:07 PM)BMK Wrote: To me, of all the weirdness of this season, the whole Ross situation remains the most stupefying. There's never been a definitive word on what's been going on with that guy from day one. I do not believe that Marvin has kept him off the field for no reason other than just because he wanted to.  

Instead of making ML the villain here, it's entirely possible that he's been covering up some glaring physical, mental or health related weaknesses of the kid. Who knows...  Now all of a sudden, out of nowhere, Ross needs season ending surgery.  Just very strange the way it has, and continues to play out.

It DOES suggest that the STAFF had dropped the ball.  A guy who's a top 10 pick.... you'd ASSUME he's  someone you WANT to have some role. You'd ASSUME you COMMUNICATE. What's up?  I'm slow to want to dump Marvin. I don't see any "ideal option to replace him" .  However... we have some FLAWS in this staff.  Ross has kind of underlined how somethings ain't normal. Now? It sounds like a problem thought fixed.. was only partly fixed. However he WAS active (a little bit) yet not USED much. It know sounds like he wanted to play but was hiding some injury issues. C'mon. Was nobody paying any Attention?
Did the Staff have NO CLUE about how...fastest guy in the NFL MIGHT be useful?  Shoulder problems won't make him slow.
Reply/Quote
How much $ do we have tied up in JR? And at what point do we cut our losses. AJ really needs someone else out there as a reliable WR2. LaFell has been alright. If only we had had someone like Mohammed Sanu or Marvin Jones....
[Image: 6zwk79.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 03:40 PM)redwood Wrote: It DOES suggest that the STAFF had dropped the ball.  A guy who's a top 10 pick.... you'd ASSUME he's  someone you WANT to have some role. You'd ASSUME you COMMUNICATE. What's up?  I'm slow to want to dump Marvin. I don't see any "ideal option to replace him" .  However... we have some FLAWS in this staff.  Ross has kind of underlined how somethings ain't normal. Now? It sounds like a problem thought fixed.. was only partly fixed. However he WAS active (a little bit) yet not USED much. It know sounds like he wanted to play but was hiding some injury issues. C'mon. Was nobody paying any Attention?
Did the Staff have NO CLUE about how...fastest guy in the NFL MIGHT be useful?  Shoulder problems won't make him slow.

Honestly...everyone thinks we have this Pro Bowl WR on the roster that the staff can't figure out how to use.

They play another rookie in Malone. At what point do we look at Ross and say he just isn't healthy enough or good enough in practice?
Reply/Quote
"How much $ do we have tied up in JR? And at what point do we cut our losses."

It's three more years for a total of $17 million, ALL guaranteed.

So...

Not sure what cut your losses means. A little premature for such thoughts. Dude played 17 snaps.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Let's just hope Ross can get healthy, stay healthy, learn the playbook and come into camp ready to go for the '18 season.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 06:11 PM)jowczarski Wrote: "How much $ do we have tied up in JR? And at what point do we cut our losses."

It's three more years for a total of $17 million, ALL guaranteed.

So...

Not sure what cut your losses means. A little premature for such thoughts. Dude played 17 snaps.

Yeah, you don't cut a guy right after his rookie season especially when you don't know what you have.

For all we know we have another Tyler Eifert type player or the next Antonio Brown, either way, better than cutting him and paying him still.
Reply/Quote
If his contract is 4 years, all guaranteed, Ross is going nowhere. He'll have at least 3 more years as a Bengal to show what he can do. Why rush him into the lineup while injured and really screw him up?
He'll be fine....
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 03:55 PM)CB3UK Wrote: How much $ do we have tied up in JR? And at what point do we cut our losses. AJ really needs someone else out there as a reliable WR2. LaFell has been alright. If only we had had someone like Mohammed Sanu or Marvin Jones....

Ross needs a chance to get a fresh start, injury free, and a full training camp. Hopefully a new coaching staff will go along with that.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote