Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Bengals make call on the kicker : Bullock
(09-02-2017, 02:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Oh there are quite a few people who wish he was kept over Bullock. I suspect we'll hear from them.

Didn't one of them say cutting Elliott "would be it" for them, as far as fanhood?? Maybe they meant it and actually bailed. Or maybe I'm imagining that...
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 02:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The only thing that made it surprising was that he was a 5th Round pick.

He didn't perform in camp plain and simple. It isn't like Bullock came in and kicked lights out.

What a wasted draft pick.

True enough. Simmons was wrong on this one.

Should of got Gonzalez instead looks like if we wanted to draft a kicker.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 02:54 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Didn't one of them say cutting Elliott "would be it" for them, as far as fanhood?? Maybe they meant it and actually bailed. Or maybe I'm imagining that...

Not much of a fan if this was the case.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 01:00 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: A few other kickers already released.  Graham Gano, and, would you believe it, NOOOOOGE!  Is there any chance our kicker is not currently on our team?

overall Bullock had a solid camp... and he will be the kicker to start the year and I believe will end the year as our kicker
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Didn't really cut the rookie draft pick. He cut himself.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:33 PM)McC Wrote: Didn't really cut the rookie draft pick.  He cut himself.

Clapping
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:33 PM)McC Wrote: Didn't really cut the rookie draft pick.  He cut himself.

Im a huge Elliott fan,  wanted him more than some sand kicker.  but, yeah, like you said.  What we need now is however performs best.  
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 02:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: By letting All-Pro Whitworth leave so they can start Ogbuehi?

[Image: frabz-CHILD-PLEASE-820050.jpg]

Are you lost??

This thread is about the 2 kickers.
Reply/Quote
I figured this was how they'd go. Just couldn't see the justification in cutting Bullock.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr 48s48 seconds ago

Marvin Lewis on keeping track of competition of Bullock vs Elliott: "Obviously, if there was anything close, Jake would have won the job."
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I wish Elliot would have lived up to that 5th round selection. Can't say I'm a big Bullock fan but either will be a HUGE upgrade over last years Nugent. And that's what matters.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True enough. Simmons was wrong on this one.

Should of got Gonzalez instead looks like if we wanted to draft a kicker.

Yeah...Kicker seems to be an oddball position. Guys put up great stats in college then all the sudden can't kick in the Pros.

It does make it tough that everyone had Gonzalez rated as the top kicker by far in college.
Reply/Quote
Gano will be gone quickly. I hope they think about picking him up.
Reply/Quote
I wanted Elliott simply because Bullock had missed a game winner in the regular season and another in preseason, and we've suffered through that too many times. I respect Simmons' decision however, He's basically saying he made a mistake with this draft pick. That said I'd still like them to take a look at Gano.
Reply/Quote
Elliott was pretty bad though. There is no reason to believe that he would hit game winning fg's from what we've saw so far.

Kind of hard to justify calling it a competition then keeping the guy who performed badly.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 06:07 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Gano will be gone quickly.  I hope they think about picking him up.

Absolutely. That would be smart. I hope they're not hanging their hats on Bullock if there's better options out there... And it looks like there is 
Reply/Quote
Gano would be cool to have a Scotsman on the team
Reply/Quote
Holey Moley...

Has anyone bothered to look at Gano's stats for his career? Sub 80% overall...missed 12 out of 54 from 30-39. 

How is that better than Bullock?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Good thing we didn't draft a starting olineman in the 5th

That would have been a waste
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 10:44 AM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Good thing we didn't draft a starting olineman in the 5th

That would have been a waste

Well we did draft an olineman that carried a 4th rd grade by nflscout. It's just that Trey Hopkins improved to the level that we didn't need to rely on the unproven rookie to man the position. So you are correct it was a waste.

Stupid Bengal should have drafted a super-duper Alll Pro 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote