Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Bengals sign kicker as a backup for Bullock Sunday
Full details here, including who they released to make room:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/11/04/cincinnati-bengals-sign-free-agent-kicker-marshall-koehn/832300001/
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
I had high hopes for Smith when we got him. Appears it never panned out. As to the kicker: meh.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I heard Bullock had a back issue. Guess it's serious enough to keep him out.

The kicker has bounced around the league a couple years without winning any jobs. Has yet to attempt a FG.

You'd think a more proven option would be available.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 02:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I heard Bullock had a back issue. Guess it's serious enough to keep him out.

The kicker has bounced around the league a couple years without winning any jobs. Has yet to attempt a FG.

How long has he had back issues? If he had issues with his back before the season started I don't see why Elliot didn't get the job (sorry to bring this back up again).

Maybe if he wasn't "Fat Randy" he wouldn't have back issues Ninja
Reply/Quote
OL is shit and we sign a backup kicker? Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 02:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I heard Bullock had a back issue. Guess it's serious enough to keep him out.

This guy will do it for a buck and a half and a more proven guy costs two fifty.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 02:16 PM)McC Wrote: This guy will do it for a buck and a half and a more proven guy costs two fifty.

[Image: 200.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Terrible move cutting Smith just terrible
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Can we release P Alexander to urinal cleansing duties...
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 02:27 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Terrible move cutting Smith just terrible

I tend to believe that this move will be reversed next week when Bullock is healthy again

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

when even Mike Nugent gets a job you know the bottom of the kicker barrel is being scraped

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Interesting they released Smith. I've heard some in the forum talk about how much they liked him.
Reply/Quote
We couldn't have cut Bodine and kept Smith? Whatever
Reply/Quote
Bullock’s back: I don’t know his history, but the back popped up on Monday, which led to this scenario.

Proven options available: Not really. Litany of kicker ineffectiveness and injury around the league. The team tried out two other guys with this kid during the week, Andrew Frank and Jason Myers The Bengals felt this kid was better.

Smith/OL: Heh. No, they’re not cutting the starting center. Fair question though re: say, Westerman – who has never been active in his career – vs. Smith. Marvin will have to explain it to us when we get a chance to ask him. Best I’ve been able to gather at this juncture is the team has nine healthy defensive backs.

As for Smith – he might get claimed.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Maybe, bear with me here, just maybe, we should draft a kicker. But then what do we know, right?
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 04:27 PM)jtsmith38 Wrote: Maybe, bear with me here, just maybe, we should draft a kicker.  But then what do we know, right?

We did. But nah, we wanted to go with Bullock, instead of locking it up for the future with Jake Elliott.

Who also nailed a 61-yarder and is doing great things for the Eagles this year. LOL awesome.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 04:27 PM)jtsmith38 Wrote: Maybe, bear with me here, just maybe, we should draft a kicker. But then what do we know, right?

It’s the Cincinnati way man Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 04:36 PM)thillan Wrote: We did. But nah, we wanted to go with Bullock, instead of locking it up for the future with Jake Elliott.

Who also nailed a 61-yarder and is doing great things for the Eagles this year. LOL awesome.

Elliott has missed 2 XPs so far this year as well as 3 FGS. Not sure that equals great things
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 04:07 PM)jowczarski Wrote: As for Smith – he might get claimed.

I can see Smith getting picked up because Cincy has had some of the better coached defensive backs in football in the Dalton Era.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 05:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Elliott has missed 2 XPs so far this year as well as 3 FGS. Not sure that equals great things

He is at 84% fgs on the year. Compared to randys 80. 

It was a bad move cutting him
Reply/Quote