Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF ranks Andy #11
(11-05-2017, 02:23 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Ok...if we are going to play this game it goes both ways.  Andy tore up the Browns which is the worst team in the NFL by far.  So I’d say between the Baltimore game and Browns game they about average out.  

For the record tI’ve never thought Andy to be top 10 but he’s never t far from it, so I’d say 11 is just about right.

He has an 80 overall average on the season.

Baltimore game he had like a 35 rating. Browns game he had a 90 rating.  That nearly 50 points is a huge difference than the 10.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 02:35 PM)Synric Wrote: He has an 80 overall average on the season.

Baltimore game he had like a 35 rating. Browns game he had a 90 rating.  That nearly 50 points is a huge difference than the 10.

Where did you get those numbers
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where did you get those numbers

Memory and I was pretty close lol.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/9/11/16287578/bengals-week-1-pro-football-focus-grades-defense-andy-dalton-ravens

Against the Ravens he had a 36.9

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-cincinnati-bengals-31-cleveland-browns-7

Against the Browns he had an 88.7

As for the yearly average before the Jags game. The link in the OP is 80.7
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
An absolute f'n joke. Let's keep it real, this team has many problems but to say Dalton isn't one of them is outrageous.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:36 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: An absolute f'n joke. Let's keep it real, this team has many problems but to say Dalton isn't one of them is outrageous.

Agreed outrageously stupid to say he's a problem.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:35 PM)Synric Wrote: Memory and I was pretty close lol.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/9/11/16287578/bengals-week-1-pro-football-focus-grades-defense-andy-dalton-ravens

Against the Ravens he had a 36.9

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-cincinnati-bengals-31-cleveland-browns-7

Against the Browns he had an 88.7

As for the yearly average before the Jags game. The link in the OP is 80.7

I thought you were talking Passer Rating. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought you were talking Passer Rating. 

Nah arguing against using averages again lol.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 12:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Do you agree with these rankings, and where would you place Andy?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-qb-rankings-by-pff-grade-after-week-8?utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=cjaff

My take on Andy really hasn't changed that much over the past couple of years. He's in the upper part of the average range from #12 to 15.

He's not going to be the guy who can put the team on his shoulders and lead it to victory. He needs a good OL and receivers that can get open on their own or through the scheme [except Bengals really don't scheme like that, sadly]. He's just not going to throw his receivers open consistently like a Rogers or Brady will.

While his stats may be better than Kenny Anderson's or Boomer's, those were in a different era and both Kenny and Boomer were MVPs and were able to lead the league at their positions. Dalton has yet to lead the league or receive a single MVP vote. It's a different era and the stats don't compare on a one-to-one basis.

Reply/Quote
Meh, I never liked PFF's ranking system. Obviously people know that I think Dalton is one of the better QBs in the league though, so I really don't have to throw out my opinion on him.4
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 12:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: People do all the time when I post the PFF rankings.

They choose to think that Vigil is great because he racks up a lot of tackles.

Have you seen our defenses abysmal attempts at tackling. I think fans are so used to seeing someone whiff on tackles that they think someone who actually makes tackles must be good.
Reply/Quote
Two biggest things to note there is...

1. Dalton has like the fifth or sixth best QB Rating on deep passes on that list. How much longer until we can shut up those deep passing trolls?

2. People like to pretend that Dalton is somehow unique in his dislike of throwing under pressure. He has a higher QB Rating under pressure than QBs like Wentz, Brees, Rapistburger, Manning, Cousins, Carr. He is tied with Matt Ryan for 11th in QB Rating under pressure.

I imagine his rankings would be a hell of a lot better if he didn't have those awful couple games under Zampese to start the season, too.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:36 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: An absolute f'n joke. Let's keep it real, this team has many problems but to say Dalton isn't one of them is outrageous.

Hell yea. Another person with eyes that work.
Reply/Quote