Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BREAKING: Burfict suspension reduced
wow 3 games too many really the nfl is losing its allure.
Reply/Quote
Repeat offenders banned 3 games. So mike bitchell gets suspended for his first helmet to helmet hit right?

Right?
Reply/Quote
I finally got to see a clip of the hit. Can't believe there was even a fine let alone a suspension.

Is this a man's game or is this now the NPL, National Pu$$y League?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Complete BS but the 3 games is because of his past.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 07:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Jim.

Happy it was reduced but yeah, should of been completely revoked and maybe to just a fine.

Still Bullshit, but hey they are after the guy. What can yah do? I agreed with what Marv said actually.

Taze has changed for the better and tries to go out of his way to not hurt people anymore...

He just hits like dynamite and a cement truck and the league don't like it.

He just hits like dynamite and a cement truck and the league don't like it, or the Bengals.

Fixed it for ya
Reply/Quote
League is full of it and Burfict has the wrong jersey on to get his 5 games to 0, probably wouldn't have even been talked about to begin with...
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 08:22 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Repeat offenders banned 3 games. So mike bitchell gets suspended for his first helmet to helmet hit right?

Right?

Actually the refs can't stand to hear him scream like a b!7ch so they just avoid throwing flags on him.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
The NFL noticed Burfict was in the best shape of his life and looking like a Pro Bowler? Can't have that. Men, start scouring the tape...

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 08:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The NFL noticed Burfict was in the best shape of his life and looking like a Pro Bowler? Can't have that. Men, start scouring the tape...

Didn't have to scour the tape.  I believe it was Rich Gannon that called the game and was crying about it live, calling it one of the dirtiest plays he had ever seen.  He probably had a clip to the league by half time...
Reply/Quote
I thought the hit was a cheapshot, mainly cause it was in preseason. Either that or Burfict has terrible judgement at reading the qb.

I think he has been a dirty player for most of his career.

But being suspended 3 games is definitely because of his past, and not because of this hit where he didnt use his helmet or hit a helmet, cheapshot or not. A fine for breaking the new rules, ok, thats what it should be since there was no trauma to the head involved. Not a suspension though.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Seen way worse hits for sure and ... nothing done. Burflict has a bullseye on him for sure. The one I can't figure is Shazier's hit on Gio. When I watched that game I immediately said "spearing" when that helmet to helmet hit happened. No flag.

Then they said "Well, we should have thrown a flag. We'll review the rule and now enforce it." Please note: They admitted that 1) It was an illegal hit and against the rules 2) No rule needed to be changed (as it was already illegal). 3) They just were now going to enforce it

Funny how that would have been called if someone like Burflict hit that RB. Shazier? Steelers? Oh, that's ok. No foul.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
The whole team has a target because of the nutless coach.

I think it was Evans who had a penalty this preseason for hitting a defenseless receiver. Dude caught the ball and took like 4 steps.

Question. Why cant the Bengals cover the middle of the field?
Answer. We are not allowed
Reply/Quote
From Runyan's letter to Tez:

“This is not your first offense with respect to illegal hits to defenseless players; to the contrary, this incident is consistent with your pattern of egregious safety-related violations including your hit on a defenseless player (i.e., Steeler) during the 2015 Wild Card game and your hit against a Baltimore tight end away from the play on January 3, 2016,” Runyan wrote. “When players violate the rules intended to protect player safety on a repeated basis, and particularly when the violations carry with them a significant risk of injury to an opposing player…you must be held accountable for this continuing unacceptable conduct.”

It was a legal hit. The world has gone nuts.

Note on Runyan. Check this headline:

Quote:Jon Runyan, once king of cheap shots, as NFL rules enforcer?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 08:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He just hits like dynamite and a cement truck and the league don't like it, or the Bengals.

Fixed it for ya

I was thinking of adding that when i posted but hey, knew you would get it for me. Rock On

(08-30-2017, 09:24 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Seen way worse hits for sure and ... nothing done.  Burflict has a bullseye on him for sure.  The one I can't figure is Shazier's hit on Gio.  When I watched that game I immediately said "spearing" when that helmet to helmet hit happened.  No flag.  

Then they said "Well, we should have thrown a flag.  We'll review the rule and now enforce it."  Please note:  They admitted that 1)  It was an illegal hit and against the rules  2)  No rule needed to be changed (as it was already illegal).  3)  They just were now going to enforce it

Funny how that would have been called if someone like Burflict hit that RB.  Shazier?  Steelers?  Oh, that's ok.  No foul.

Great post Eaton.

(08-30-2017, 09:43 PM)Shady Wrote: From Runyan's letter to Tez:

“This is not your first offense with respect to illegal hits to defenseless players; to the contrary, this incident is consistent with your pattern of egregious safety-related violations including your hit on a defenseless player (i.e., Steeler) during the 2015 Wild Card game and your hit against a Baltimore tight end away from the play on January 3, 2016,” Runyan wrote. “When players violate the rules intended to protect player safety on a repeated basis, and particularly when the violations carry with them a significant risk of injury to an opposing player…you must be held accountable for this continuing unacceptable conduct.”

It was a legal hit. The world has gone nuts.

It has gone nutz Shady.

Like the end of times or something. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 08:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The NFL noticed Burfict was in the best shape of his life and looking like a Pro Bowler? Can't have that. Men, start scouring the tape...

He is looking a bit spooky isn't he?

Looks the best in his career. Dude just flew and took that pick all the way back for a pick 6.

Never seen a Linebacker do it quite like that.

And he ain't on Roids. Must be scaring the shit out of these cheating bastids! Mellow
Reply/Quote
The thing about it is they are enforcing a NEW rule for 2017 in the second PRESEASON game by suspending a player 3 games.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Absolute horseshit .....and a chickenshit call to drop it to anything but 0. If I'm Mike Brown...I go all in like NE and lawyer up against the NFL.  Total horse shit.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
These ************ don't like the fact that after years of taking cheapshots from the ***** Stoolers...and ***** like Ed Reed and Stabby McStabberson....we now have our own enforcer.  Now they wanna castrate him so we don't have that edge anymore. It's ***** bullshit is what it is. I almost betcha dollars to donuts that if the Brownies got them a nasty ************ to play backer....he'd get shit on too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The defense needs to refuse to take the field in the finally pre-season game against Indy. Just sit on the bench and don't even go out there, when asked why it happened, "we are afraid to tackle anyone. If a legal hit gets you a 3 game ban, we're not sure what we can do unless they put flags on the offensive players."

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Called it a few days back.

Reply/Quote