Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BREAKING: Burfict suspension reduced
3 games with Rey in the Middle?

Reply/Quote
Jon Runyan is a freakin hypocrite. Who's In charge of public relations, Romanowski? Maybe now we can listen to Rodney Harrison talk about how there's no place in football for a player as physical as Burfict. Unbelievable shit, the NFL is a joke and only getting worse.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 07:30 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Should be reduced to just a fine but I can't be too upset. Getting it reduced at all really surprises me.

It's not just you, many saying about the same thing on here.  The NFL this year is going to go hard on cheap hits and unsportsman like conduct, and everybody was told this.  We can cry about NFL picking on our poor Bengals, but it was a cheap hit on a defenseless player no where near the ball 30 yards down field from Burfict.  Plays like this and Hines Ward hitting Rivers nowhere near the ball and breaking his jaw is the garbage NFL needs to get out of the game.  If that means Burfict and others can't get with the program, I guess they aren't going to play much but they sure are going to lose pay much.  Now some will come on here talking pump fakes and such, but the ball was way down field in the air when Burfict clobbered a back around 5 yards past line of scrimmage slowing up on his route.  People better get use to it. It's not touch football out there, but the NFL is trying to clean up the game and cut down on injuries.  The days of Hines Ward cheap shots to a player not near the ball are over.  Now, if the ball had been thrown to the back and Burfict nailed him, OK.  Problem was ball was way down field, Burfict not going for the ball or a tackle, just a cheap hit. If he doesn't get with the NFL rules he isn't going to be playing much. Just the way it is per NFL.  Look, NFL is trying not to get law suits by every player, agent, doctor and lawyer, so they said they are coming down hard on this stuff.  The NFL told everybody.  Teams and players are going to find out the NFL means it this year.  There was a preseason game 2 players fighting, both kicked out of the game. Not warned but kicked out. That is the new NFL and they told every team, this is no surprise. Players get with the program or they get tossed out of games. Look for players to get tossed out of games first few weeks as players think NFL is kidding, and a large money fine larger than ever before. The owners and coaches may want to read the new rule book.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 11:00 PM)jeremydc Wrote: 3 games with Rey in the Middle?

Isn't minter the starting middle? I think Rey will be WLB for 3 games. I'm really not worried about his play too much, he isn't the difference maker burfict is.

The biggest thing I worry about is VB keeping the weight off and staying healthy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For decades hits like that were not even looked at, in fact, they were celebrated. What he hell happened! This Wussification of America needs to stop. Make Football Great Again.
Reply/Quote
I think the NFL knows they will reduce most of the suspensions so they tack on another game or two which will get taken off after appeal.
Reply/Quote
They made sure to get him on the unnecessary roughness so they don't have to suspend other players that make the same hit. Which means he is really suspended cause he hits hard.

Players are going to be flopping right and left when they get hit by Burfict.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 10:18 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Absolute horseshit .....and a chickenshit call to drop it to anything but 0. If I'm Mike Brown...I go all in like NE and lawyer up against the NFL.  Total horse shit.

It is 100% BS! To reduce the suspension from 5 games to 3, the "independent" arbiter, Thrash (who is a former player and non-NFL employee), must have still found the hit to be illegal, which in and of itself is BS! Why reduce it at all given Burfict's history?!?! The only reason to reduce is to appease the masses, which is basically admitting it is bullshit and the hit was really legal. It should of been 5 games or nothing.

Now he is still gonna lose well over $600,000 for three games. He should totally sue!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 08:22 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Repeat offenders banned 3 games. So mike bitchell gets suspended for his first helmet to helmet hit right?

Right?

Mike Mitchell is a legal thug because he's a Steeler!  Would love to see the film of all he's gotten away with.

Credit where credit is due, Steelers want to win.

I see they did not hesitate to sign Joe Haden to a 3 YEAR DEAL!!

Can't stand them, but they've had the most consistent fracture success for the last 40 years!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 11:31 PM)kevin Wrote: It's not just you, many saying about the same thing on here.  The NFL this year is going to go hard on cheap hits and unsportsman like conduct, and everybody was told this.  We can cry about NFL picking on our poor Bengals, but it was a cheap hit on a defenseless player no where near the ball 30 yards down field from Burfict.  Plays like this and Hines Ward hitting Rivers nowhere near the ball and breaking his jaw is the garbage NFL needs to get out of the game.  If that means Burfict and others can't get with the program, I guess they aren't going to play much but they sure are going to lose pay much.  Now some will come on here talking pump fakes and such, but the ball was way down field in the air when Burfict clobbered a back around 5 yards past line of scrimmage slowing up on his route.  People better get use to it. It's not touch football out there, but the NFL is trying to clean up the game and cut down on injuries.  The days of Hines Ward cheap shots to a player not near the ball are over.  Now, if the ball had been thrown to the back and Burfict nailed him, OK.  Problem was ball was way down field, Burfict not going for the ball or a tackle, just a cheap hit. If he doesn't get with the NFL rules he isn't going to be playing much. Just the way it is per NFL.  Look, NFL is trying not to get law suits by every player, agent, doctor and lawyer, so they said they are coming down hard on this stuff.  The NFL told everybody.  Teams and players are going to find out the NFL means it this year.  There was a preseason game 2 players fighting, both kicked out of the game. Not warned but kicked out. That is the new NFL and they told every team, this is no surprise. Players get with the program or they get tossed out of games.  Look for players to get tossed out of games first few weeks as players think NFL is kidding, and a large money fine larger than ever before.  The owners and coaches may want to read the new rule book.

Its a pretty fast play. When i first watched it I though, What the hell is he doing. But you can see in the pics that he is a split second from hitting him while the ball is still in the QB's hand, Not 30 yards down field. If it was 30 yards down field the tv camera wouldnt even show the play in the frame.  He did pump fake his way which is what drew Burfict his direction. In the video he pumps, then goes to throw and you can see Burfict no longer looking at the QB cause he thinks the ball is heading his way. Another reason for Burfict thinking this is because the guy he hit is not looking down field ( which is why he got drilled) but looking back at the QB like he's focusing on a pass. The same thing CB's look for to know when the ball is comming. I hate Burficts antics but I can see how this is not a cheap shot but just a player trying to make a play. We can argue that its only pre season and all that but it dosent change the fact that he's just doing his job.

Its a pretty fast play. When i first watched it I though, What the hell is he doing. But you can see in the pics that he is a split second from hitting him while the ball is still in the QB's hand, Not 30 yards down field. If it was 30 yards down field the tv camera wouldnt even show the play in the frame.  He did pump fake his way which is what drew Burfict his direction. In the video he pumps, then goes to throw and you can see Burfict no longer looking at the QB cause he thinks the ball is heading his way. Another reason for Burfict thinking this is because the guy he hit is not looking down field ( which is why he got drilled) but looking back at the QB like he's focusing on a pass. The same thing CB's look for to know when the ball is comming. I hate Burficts antics but I can see how this is not a cheap shot but just a player trying to make a play. We can argue that its only pre season and all that but it dosent change the fact that he's just doing his job.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 12:46 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Its a pretty fast play. When i first watched it I though, What the hell is he doing. But you can see in the pics that he is a split second from hitting him while the ball is still in the QB's hand, Not 30 yards down field. If it was 30 yards down field the tv camera wouldnt even show the play in the frame.  He did pump fake his way which is what drew Burfict his direction. In the video he pumps, then goes to throw and you can see Burfict no longer looking at the QB cause he thinks the ball is heading his way. Another reason for Burfict thinking this is because the guy he hit is not looking down field ( which is why he got drilled) but looking back at the QB like he's focusing on a pass. The same thing CB's look for to know when the ball is comming. I hate Burficts antics but I can see how this is not a cheap shot but just a player trying to make a play. We can argue that its only pre season and all that but it dosent change the fact that he's just doing his job.
Sorry cant get the pics any larger than that. I swear this has never happened to me before. Anyway you can or maybe you cant, but the hit was actually at the line of scrimmage. Not 10 yards down field. 
Reply/Quote
I think they are reviewing every play of Burfict's in slow motion just looking for something to fine. He's going to have to end up going to court when they do it again. They are trying to drive him out of the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Gives the appearance that the NFL is trying to work with him, but will probably go down as another check, so next infraction could cause an 8 game or season long suspension.

The NFL clearly has a vendetta and won't stop until he's out of the league. And btw...why reduce a suspension? Either he broke rules or he didn't. To me this is just the NFL admitting a goof while simultaneously setting Burfict up for steeper discipline later.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 01:26 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Gives the appearance that the NFL is trying to work with him, but will probably go down as another check, so next infraction could cause an 8 game or season long suspension.

The NFL clearly has a vendetta and won't stop until he's out of the league. And btw...why reduce a suspension? Either he broke rules or he didn't. To me this is just the NFL admitting a goof while simultaneously setting Burfict up for steeper discipline later.

Well that's exactly what's going on. You and. Bonnie are right. Let's come up with a bogus charge, make sure it leaks to the media so the people that hate him crucify him without seeing the video. Then we will look like good guys trying to work with a troubled young player by reducing the bogus claim to 3 games. Then bam next strike your out. The sad thing is, I can honestly see him doing something that will without a doubt be illegal which will justify a year suspension at least because of this one.

Sorry my computer is down and all I have to work with is this phone or a chrome book ( which is junk) but in the pics or just watch the video he pumps his direction, Burfict reacts and hits for reasons I stated above. The player was at the line of scrimmage. And the hit was in the chest.

It sucks but he's just gonna have to play smarter, not retaliate, and I'm pretty sure he has a stinger, or something but he really does need to work on his tackling. He seems to injure himself every game. He's going to be forced out of the league or he going to take himself out if he keeps getting concussions.
Reply/Quote
Multiple offender stuff needs to go. Once you laid your penalty it should be clean slate
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 09:07 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Didn't have to scour the tape.  I believe it was Rich Gannon that called the game and was crying about it live, calling it one of the dirtiest plays he had ever seen.  He probably had a clip to the league by half time...

How the hell did he even see it? His eyeballs are so close together that everything has to be blurry.  
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 12:38 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Mike Mitchell is a legal thug because he's a Steeler!  Would love to see the film of all he's gotten away with.

Credit where credit is due, Steelers want to win.

I see they did hesitate to sign Joe Haden to a 3 YEAR DEAL!!

Can't stand them, but they've had the most consistent fracture success for the last 40 years!

Since when was signing Joe Haden (one of the worst rated Corners in the league for the last 2 years) a sign of wanting to win? Its just a desperation move as they have nothing at CB. Its good for the Bengals. We know Haden well and routinely whoop his ass so its all good.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 03:34 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: How the hell did he even see it? His eyeballs are so close together that everything has to be blurry.  

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'm pissed that he's even suspended at all. I would really love to have our starting LB in the beginning of the season at least once. It's complete garbage that he is suspended and the NFL is too prideful to admit to being wrong. Burfict will continue to make CLEAN hits(although sometimes unnecessary) until he is suspended for a season. Plenty of players make hits like the one Burfict got suspended for and never face any kind of discipline. NFL WAKE UP
Reply/Quote
Shouldn't even have been suspended in the first place. Absolute joke.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote