Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Marvin leaving at the end of the season; team caught off guard
How ironic that on the day the news breaks of Marvin's coming departure from the team, the Bengals are getting their asses handed to them by the man that should have been made coach of the Bengals, four years ago..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 12:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was one of the very few that didn't want him gone during our playoff seasons; however; back to back losing seasons point to a change needing to be made. It's time to bring in fresh blood. Just be prepared to have a 3rd straight losing season and a team overhaul.

Why be prepared for a third straight losing season? We have a very talented team with top 10 picks.  If we choose the right coach, I can definitely see this team being above .500.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 05:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How ironic that on the day the news breaks of Marvin's coming departure from the team, the Bengals are getting their asses handed to them by the man that should have been made coach of the Bengals, four years ago..

Meh, more like 7 years ago.

(12-17-2017, 06:00 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Why be prepared for a third straight losing season? We have a very talented team with top 10 picks.  If we choose the right coach, I can definitely see this team being above .500.

Ehh, Marvin Lewis is the best coach Mike Brown has picked by a country mile.  Color me less than optimistic we're going to do a 180 on this one.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 05:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How ironic that on the day the news breaks of Marvin's coming departure from the team, the Bengals are getting their asses handed to them by the man that should have been made coach of the Bengals, four years ago..

Pretty ironic... Poetic justice even.

The thing is... Marvin's always a day late, and dollar short. The players quit last week.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Here's a chilling thought. This is probably not even bottom.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Truth.....
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Maybe there is a god after all...
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 12:40 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Ian Rappaport says to keep an eye on Darrin Simmons as Marvin's replacement.  Mellow

I'll be out if that happens....good Lord.

(12-17-2017, 12:40 PM)spazz70 Wrote: So, it says he is would be on a short list for a HC job.  IF he does get another HC job and within 1-2 years takes another team to the playoffs and wins a game does this mean that all hope is lost here?  At that point everyone would have to know that MB and the front office are the issues and it was probably not Marvin Lewis.  Just a thought.

It has been both. Mostly the FO....but Merv's teams are undisciplined and mentally weak. That's on the coaches.

(12-17-2017, 01:12 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: People are fired every single day. If you agree with the changing of the guard, which I think most of us are, you agree him being fired would be the exact same result and he deserves it.

It doesn't mean we don't "thank them" for their time. It means they are not part of our future.

It's possible M. Brown runs the organization mom and pop and the HC is responsible for 100 things at once. We will soon see where we end up, but it will be difficult to tell, as I don't think AJ Green and Andy Dalton will be a combination in a couple years.

At least he's given us time to prepare for bringing someone else in.

It's not only possible.... it's EXACTLY how it is.

(12-17-2017, 01:16 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Good for him taking a figurative swing at Mike on the way out.  Now take a literal one, Merv.

Loved this in the comment section from a Detroit fan:

So, who's with me for getting big Jim in here?  

[Image: cf1e4aba35a6e1914296c619190f52b6.jpeg?w=...316&crop=1]

Yeah.... I'm all for Ebenezer getting any shot he can get.

(12-17-2017, 01:17 PM)corpjet Wrote: This is ending badly.....

Also the assistants piping in about their pay?  Don't sign the contract if your not happy, geese give me a break....

All this is good news as it sounds like everyone will be gone!!!

I agree about the assistants....but I'll side with them over Son of Paul. Betcha Piano Man wasn't complaining.

(12-17-2017, 01:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Hope he's in DC next season.

(12-17-2017, 01:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah. That's the problem. Lewis leaving isn't the Christmas miracle everyone thinks, because Brown will still be in charge of the new change. 

As long as he is still breathing, the Bengals are ******.

Absolutely.  Scrooge is the main issue.  He'll still go as cheaply as possible....and undermine everything the staff will try do as a result.  

(12-17-2017, 01:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: There was also a report that the news was 'purposely' leaked to the national press, so that the local guys wouldn't get the scoop. A lot of stuff being thrown around right now.

How petty....

(12-17-2017, 02:39 PM)McC Wrote: Am I the only one who thinks Merv should be done here, effective immediately?

No.... I'd love it to happen.

(12-17-2017, 06:17 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote:

Jeez....I hope this is just PR speak from Merv.  Jimbo Fisher said the same shit 2 days before bolting from Tallahassee.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
[Image: bye_marvin.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 01:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Interesting that his twitter profile pic is a 1973 Hall & Oates album. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 04:45 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Mike isn't going to pay Marvin to watch the last two games from his couch.

Probably right...
Reply/Quote
Drain the damn swamp! Its wil be nice to see "some good things done" when Marvin Pauline lazor and especially Alexander canned they are completely useless and team like the browns or 49ers could use these pieces of garbage. I just want someone in there who gives a damn and will have a chance to turn things around rather than watch it crash and burn. We need an offensive mind. Hell I would love to have New Englands defensive coordinator he may not be offensive minded but dude knows how to win. I hope we get someone that doesn't have to cater to Mikey boy and actually gets to call the shots
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 12:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I hope the speculation that either Guenther or Simmons will be the new coach turns out to be just that - speculation. 

In my opinion, they really need to bring in someone from the outside.

Agreed. And if Guenther wants to leave, can we please pay him what he is worth to stay as our DC? Unless he wants to leave for other reasons in which case there is nothing you can do but cmon...it is a lateral move. He's already DC here. If it were a money thing I could understand but that is also something we should be able to compete with. 

Heck, I realize we can be dysfunctional at times but at least we were the first ones to give him the job. How about a little loyalty for that? It isn't like the Redskins *aren't* dysfunctional too and I don't really believe that the 6-8 Redskins are that much closer to being a real competitor than we are. 

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:00 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Why be prepared for a third straight losing season? We have a very talented team with top 10 picks.  If we choose the right coach, I can definitely see this team being above .500.

ya... look at the rams.  Talented roster, good draft, some good FA moves, and they are in the mix.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:46 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Agreed. And if Guenther wants to leave, can we please pay him what he is worth to stay as our DC?

The defense lacks discipline. I would like him gone. Plus, we haven’t been able to protect the middle of the field since Zimmer left.

Reply/Quote