Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Marvin leaving at the end of the season; team caught off guard
In other news Bengals staff writer Geoff Hobson found dead at his typewriter with a note saying " This should have been my breaking story! DAMNED YOU MARVIN!"
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So does this mean the fans can call and vote in offensive plays like they vote for singers on American Idol?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Marvin said he wants Front Office job with another team. Is anyone surprised cheap ass Mike Brown is not giving that to him? He already was doing that at some capacity
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 01:15 PM)Interceptor Wrote: So does this mean the fans can call and vote in offensive plays like they vote for singers on American Idol?

Since he's a lameduck, he ought to let that happen. NFL could use a "this drive is driven by the fans".
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 01:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: And throws the front office under the bus. This thing escalated quickly.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/17/report-marvin-lewis-to-leave-bengals-after-season/

Did Marvin really leak that. Or is this Fake News?!

Good for him taking a figurative swing at Mike on the way out.  Now take a literal one, Merv.

Loved this in the comment section from a Detroit fan:

Quote:15 seasons without winning a playoff… looks like he’ll be my Lions next head coach….

So, who's with me for getting big Jim in here?  

[Image: cf1e4aba35a6e1914296c619190f52b6.jpeg?w=...316&crop=1]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
This is ending badly.....

Also the assistants piping in about their pay? Don't sign the contract if your not happy, geese give me a break....

All this is good news as it sounds like everyone will be gone!!!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 01:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: And throws the front office under the bus. This thing escalated quickly.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/17/report-marvin-lewis-to-leave-bengals-after-season/

So remember when Marvin was trying to hire Brad Childress as OC and it didn't happen?  I wonder if that was why he didn't join us.  Maybe, just maybe, the regular in-house hiring is more about the being the only guy willing to work for the price??
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 01:16 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Good for him taking a figurative swing at Mike on the way out.  Now take a literal one, Merv.

Will we actually see an honest post-game interview from Marvin this time? Or just more giggling and "I'm ganna retire from this joint!!!"

He ought to start swinging punches with honesty now.
Reply/Quote
Knock knock.
Who’s there?
Paul.
Paul who?

THE NEXT HEAD COACH OF THE CINCINNATI BENGALS PAUL MOTHER F’ING PIANO MAN ALEXANDER

Still think Xmas came early? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 01:19 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: Knock knock.
Who’s there?
Paul.
Paul who?

THE NEXT HEAD COACH OF THE CINCINNATI BENGALS PAUL MOTHER F’ING PIANO MAN ALEXANDER

Still think Xmas came early?  Ninja

I become Browns fan if this occur
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 01:18 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Will we actually see an honest post-game interview from Marvin this time? Or just more giggling and "I'm ganna retire from this joint!!!"

He ought to start swinging punches with honesty now.

More like:

I did some good things out there, I just need to keep shoveling and turn up my own damn music (clap clap).
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Expect trash on his lawn in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .
Reply/Quote

It’s PFT...... when have they ever given the Bengals a fair shake? Florio looks to slam the bengals as much as he loves to complain about the redskins name legal tampering before free agency.

He doesn’t care what he has to do to make the story for his narrative.
Reply/Quote
So Mike Brown is still a notorious cheapskate. Shocks abound.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Shocking..not a peep on Bengals dot.. (not really) 
I wonder if the radio guys (Laph and Hoarde) will bring it up before or during the game? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Mikey Boy breaks out in song as he'll save hundreds of thousands on coaching salaries.

[Image: mikey_boy_slush.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 01:19 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: Knock knock.
Who’s there?
Paul.
Paul who?

Still think Xmas came early?  Ninja
I think Paul Guenther would be more likely.  If it is Alexander I'm finished with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 12:16 PM)Trademark Wrote: Schefter just reported that he’s expected to leave.

**UPDATES**

Apparently assistant coaches were unhappy with how they’ve been treated financially

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/marvin-lewis-reportedly-planning-to-leave-bengals-after-2017-team-caught-off-guard/

I can't think of a better way for the Mike Brown era to come to a close. With a nice, strong exclamation point to his ineptitude. 

Bravo "Mr" Brown. You have completely ****** up being an owner/GM more than any human in recorded existence. 

[Image: NiPkkOJ.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 01:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It’s PFT...... when have they ever given the Bengals a fair shake? Florio looks to slam the bengals as much as he loves to complain about the redskins name legal tampering before free agency.

He doesn’t care what he has to do to make the story for his narrative.

The irony is strong with this one.
Reply/Quote
Being reported by PDJ and Jim O. that Lewis did not inform the assistant coaches or players before making this announcement.

IMO that’s really crappy on his part. I sure wouldn’t want to try and win for him the rest of these games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote