Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Zeitler choosing between Saints and Browns
(03-09-2017, 02:21 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Plus, the Saints have always valued their guards and have paid them top money.

They do and rightfully so and Zeit will help in pass protection, don't know about them running the ball though.

(03-09-2017, 02:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: We can actually replace Z better than Whit. Theoretically we should have the money now, but Mike Brown probably thinks losing the big 3 and more just helps roll over more funds for next years free agents (that will sign elsewhere).

The truth, i just hope everyone is yelling in MB's ear right now that we HAVE to sign atleast one OL in FA.

Ricky Wagner, Riley Reiff, Wisnewski, DJ Fluker, Chance Warmack etc.

(03-09-2017, 03:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Zeitler is worth the money....because that's what someone is willing to pay for him. 

Same with Whit. The market is dictating what these players are worth and the Bengals aren't willing to pay up. 

I guess based on this rational Glennon is worth what he got..

(03-09-2017, 03:15 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Thank you.  The market, the NFL, is saying that top guards are worth $10 million per year.  Just because the Bengals do not value the position that much does not mean the rest of the league doesn't.

Zeitler is not a top run blocking Guard, if these teams are going to pay him 12 million a year...

That is overpaying and i would rather have a RG that can pull and run block.

Did you guys see Zeitler trying to pull block last year?

It was laughable. But i guess we know who to blame for having him even do it.

(03-09-2017, 03:16 PM)Okeana Wrote: Big Z is a good player, but he's not worth 12 million a year.  That is a ton of money to tie up in a RG seriously you can get a top corner or DE for that kinda money and which will have more impact ?  Plenty of serviceable guards in the 8 million range.

Spot on Okeana, spot on.
Reply/Quote
Why draft and develop talent if you are not going to keep them in their 2nd deal?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:23 PM)Okeana Wrote: Zeitler will be the highest paid guard in the NFL today and If you don't think that's to much to pay for him than you simply are out of touch with reality.

So im out of touch with reality because in reality thats what someone actually paid him? 

Ok chief....
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:16 PM)Okeana Wrote: Big Z is a good player, but he's not worth 12 million a year.  That is a ton of money to tie up in a RG seriously you can get a top corner or DE for that kinda money and which will have more impact ?  Plenty of serviceable guards in the 8 million range.

Honestly, a good offensive lineman will have much more impact than a corner on this team.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:14 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: Yes, 5 years 60 million deal. This is your Bengals. Why even draft a guy that improves to let him leave. Don't even draft guys with any potential???

He did start like 4 or 5 years for us.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They do and rightfully so and Zeit will help in pass protection, don't know about them running the ball though.

The truth, i just hope everyone is yelling in MB's ear right now that we HAVE to sign atleast one OL in FA.

Ricky Wagner, Riley Reiff, Wisnewski, DJ Fluker, Chance Warmack etc.

I guess based on this rational Glennon is worth what he got..

Zeitler is not a top run blocking Guard, if these teams are going to pay him 12 million a year...

That is overpaying and i would rather have a RG that can pull and run block.

Did you guys see Zeitler trying to pull block last year?

It was laughable. But i guess we know who to blame for having him even do it.

Spot on Okeana, spot on.

Glennon is worth what he got because someone was willing to pay it. Are you still not getting it? You are worth what someone is willing to pay you for your services. 

The Spider Man Edition 1 Comic book that there is only 1 left of in the world was recently bought in auction for 1 million dollars. Would you pay 1 million dollars for that comic book? Probably not. But someone else did. That doesn't diminish its value. Its still worth 1 million dollars. 

Supply and demand, man. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Glennon is worth what he got because someone was willing to pay it. Are you still not getting it? You are worth what someone is willing to pay you for your services. 

The Spider Man Edition 1 Comic book that there is only 1 left of in the world was recently bought in auction for 1 million dollars. Would you pay 1 million dollars for that comic book? Probably not. But someone else did. That doesn't diminish its value. Its still worth 1 million dollars. 

Supply and demand, man. 

Yeah, and Nate Livings was worth big money too cause Dallas paid him it.

Come on man.
Reply/Quote
The reality these days is that if you are a free agent, you can pretty much add $3 million to what "you are worth" once you get on the open market.

Is Zietler a better guard than DeCastro? Probably not, but again, he's a free agent, so he's going to get more.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Glennon is worth what he got because someone was willing to pay it. Are you still not getting it? You are worth what someone is willing to pay you for your services. 

Supply and demand, man. 

Supply and demand is meant to show how to drive prices in a retail market to grow a business.  This is not a model you want to use when managing a football team.  Brock Osweiler got paid last year to go to the Texans and would that be considered a favorable deal ?  No its one they have to live with because they screwed up.  Zeitler is getting paid 12 million dollars by a team that desperately needs a guard, but that doesn't mean we should pay 13 million a year to a guy to retain the guy.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:42 PM)Okeana Wrote: Supply and demand is meant to show how to drive prices in a retail market to grow a business.  This is not a model you want to use when managing a football team.  Brock Osweiler got paid last year to go to the Texans and would that be considered a favorable deal ?  No its one they have to live with because they screwed up.  Zeitler is getting paid 12 million dollars by a team that desperately needs a guard, but that doesn't mean we should pay 13 million a year to a guy to retain the guy.  

True.

Was Haynesworth worth all that money to the Skins?

Teams pay players stupid amounts every year that don't amount to shit.

If we can pay a Guard like Fluker or Warmack 8-10 million a year that would be more like it.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Zeitler is worth the money....because that's what someone is willing to pay for him. 

Same with Whit. The market is dictating what these players are worth and the Bengals aren't willing to pay up. 

Supply and demand, man. 

Yeah , This is a stupid concept so stop bringing it up... Just because a team is dumb enough to pay him that doesn't mean he's worth it. KZ has not been very good and I'm glad they didnt pay him that.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:28 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Why draft and develop talent if you are not going to keep them in their 2nd deal?

Mike Brown does this alot more than the fans bash him for.

If he wouldve kept even half the guys weve let walk over the last 10 years we wouldve had playoff wins by now
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Looks like Z is going to Saints. Browns just signed big extension for Bitano

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Saw that a little while ago. Unbelievable that we didn't at least get back in the race for Zeitler after losing Whitworth. 2/5 of the line was solid last year...they are now gone...top 5 pick here we come...
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
In two years, the price someone pays for Zeitler today will be a bargain.

Bengals are hoping that either 1) Westerman is legit or 2) Find someone in the draft.

People act like the money a team spends is actually coming from their own pockets.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:02 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: In two years, the price someone pays for Zeitler today will be a bargain.

Bengals are hoping that either 1) Westerman is legit or 2) Find someone in the draft.

People act like the money a team spends is actually coming from their own pockets.

You gotta look at the Whole team....   I really don't care how the bengals spend their money.  but they might be looking to invest that in other positions.

Its always a gamble... Overpay (by tagging)    offer a market deal and they walk to someone that will over pay(or not)    let them test the market maybe its not as hot as they think get them at a reduced rate.     Its always a gamble.

We have been drafting for turnover @ OL though we drafted Westerman  he seems an interesting prospect.  We drafted 2 OTs in 1 and 2.  Who should be able to play on the OLine.  If fisher isn't a RT maybe he plugs into RG.     you almost have to get these 2 playing (Obg and Fisher)  especially since we drafted them so high.  Obg was horrible on the Right.  We haven't seen him on the left and they still think he can do well there...   (its the gamble they seem to be taking.  gambling on themselves and their draft picks)

And while we look at the money available and potential free agents they are also thinking of extending players on the team. 

In 2 years Big Z could be a Free agent again if he goes to a team that changes HC or is in budget trouble.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:58 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Saw that a little while ago. Unbelievable that we didn't at least get back in the race for Zeitler after losing Whitworth. 2/5 of the line was solid last year...they are now gone...top 5 pick here we come...

3/5 of the line was solid last year. Atleast we still have Boling who i believe is better than Zeitler honestly especially in run blocking.

Now we just have to hope Westerman pans out at RG, we draft a decent Center like Elflein, Toth, Orlovsky and either Fisher or Og
start to play much better. Man, lot of hoping going on here. Not likely this shapes out well considering how MB does not value the
Center position.

Started out trying to be positive anyways, then reality took its toll. Sad
Reply/Quote
Zeitler leaving bothers me less than Whitworth. Whitworth leaving wouldn't bother me if there was any semblance of competence in an in-house replacement.

I think Zeitler is certainly the most easily replaced of the 2. Teams get guards in the 3rd or 4th all of the time that turn out to be competent starters. Look at Boling. Look at Gabe Jackson, Brandon Brooks, Brian Winters, etc.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:25 PM)samhain Wrote: Zeitler leaving bothers me less than Whitworth.  Whitworth leaving wouldn't bother me if there was any semblance of competence in an in-house replacement.  

I think Zeitler is certainly the most easily replaced of the 2.  Teams get guards in the 3rd or 4th all of the time that turn out to be competent starters.  Look at Boling.  Look at Gabe Jackson, Brandon Brooks, Brian Winters, etc.

The front office and coaching staff obviously believe that Ced will be ready.

We don't have an in-house replacement for Z.  Plus, this whole sign your own thing really bothers me when letting Z go out the door.  
Reply/Quote