Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSA Going (almost) Co-ed
(10-12-2017, 12:53 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Boys and girls develop faster apart.   Girls are more inclined to try new things when boys aren't around.  

This is why all boys and all girls schools are successful compared to coed.

All boy/All girl schools are more successful because they cost over $25,000 per year to attend, and private money beats public money when it comes to education quality. Also, class sizes are cut in half almost, so students get more individual time with educators.

I'm not ruling out the boy/girl division as being part of that equation, but I think it's less of a factor in the success of the school.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-12-2017, 12:53 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Boys and girls develop faster apart.   Girls are more inclined to try new things when boys aren't around.  

This is why all boys and all girls schools are successful compared to coed.

Is that because the boys aren't bullying them?  Mellow

All seriousness aside this is an organization for fun no matter what life skills they are learning, not a school.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-12-2017, 08:31 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: They have been struggling for a while, now, but Scouting all over the world has been dealing with issues of trying to remain relevant. They had to have gotten the blessing from the LDS for this, otherwise it will be the death knell.

I was raised LDS, and Boy Scouts were pretty much a requirement up into high school.  I remember wanting to leave the scouts in early high school, and my parents tried to talk me out of it with every breath they had.  The scouts are tradition with LDS, and they value it as one of their top fellowship tools with children/teenagers. 

I think I read a while back that more than a third of boy scouts were LDS based, so you're right....without the blessing of the church, this would be terrible for the organization.
LFG  

From what I've read, it will just be cub scouts (7-11 years old) that go co-ed. There will be an entirely different program for girls once they turn 11, when boys transition to boy scouts.
LFG  

Looking back at when I was a cub scout, I would have hated having girls part of my den troop. Didn't want any stinkin girls going on our campouts and fishing outings we used to do at local lakes. Definitely didn't want to race them in the yearly pinewood Derbys.

But it looks like the BSA numbers are declining, and this is a way to bolster them, at the expense of the Girl Scouts numbers. Which I imagine there has to be some pretty upset Girl Scout leaders today over this decision.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(10-12-2017, 11:01 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Also for getting the jump on children of color who walk through your gated community. 

That's where the 'show' portion comes from, boy.
Where I grew up in the country there weren't enough boys to have a Boy Scout den or whatever they're called.
I see this has turned into another attack Lucie and his family thread
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Seems the Girl Scouts aren't taking kindly to this adorable idea.
Some calling it a stunt to increase revenue.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/girl-scouts-slam-boy-scouts-decision-accept-girls/story?id=50433448
(10-12-2017, 11:26 AM)GMDino Wrote: Is that because the boys aren't bullying them?  Mellow

All seriousness aside this is an organization for fun no matter what life skills they are learning, not a school.

Thanks for the warning this time.
(10-12-2017, 11:26 AM)GMDino Wrote: Is that because the boys aren't bullying them?  Mellow

That's right Dino and sue the Girl Scouts when they don't let your son join.
(10-12-2017, 06:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I see this has turned into another attack Lucie and his family thread

Lucie injected his daughters into a discussion about the Boy Scouts in post #10. The same daughters who can't play coed soccer because it isn't proper or feminine, but apparently are learning combatives instead. Go figure.
(10-12-2017, 06:41 PM)Vlad Wrote: Seems the Girl Scouts aren't taking kindly to this adorable idea.
Some calling it a stunt to increase revenue.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/girl-scouts-slam-boy-scouts-decision-accept-girls/story?id=50433448

I think thy are absolutely correct, as well. I may be in favor of coed scouting, but the motivation behind this move right now is entirely revenue driven.
(10-12-2017, 06:58 PM)Vlad Wrote: Thanks for the warning this time.

Heh...you don't understand that joke.  Smirk

(10-12-2017, 07:05 PM)Vlad Wrote: That's right Dino and sue the Girl Scouts when they don't let your son join.

Um, thanks for advice and not reading what I responded to?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-12-2017, 08:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think thy are absolutely correct, as well. I may be in favor of coed scouting, but the motivation behind this move right now is entirely revenue driven.

You should rethink your position of being in favor of coed scouting...you're forgetting that all boys are potential rapists.
Even this feminazis own two sons.
http://www.rolereboot.org/culture-and-politics/details/2017-07-im-done-pretending-men-safe-even-sons/

The war on boys rages on...
A more notable leftist nutjob, blathering about "toxic masculinity" and raising his sons to be feminists.

http://people.com/politics/justin-trudeau-raising-children-feminists/
(10-12-2017, 10:17 PM)Vlad Wrote: You should rethink your position of being in favor of coed scouting...you're forgetting that all boys are potential rapists.
Even this feminazis own two sons.
http://www.rolereboot.org/culture-and-politics/details/2017-07-im-done-pretending-men-safe-even-sons/

The war on boys rages on...
A more notable leftist nutjob, blathering about "toxic masculinity" and raising his sons to be feminists.

http://people.com/politics/justin-trudeau-raising-children-feminists/

lol wow! Sad Shocked
(10-12-2017, 07:05 AM)Nately120 Wrote: A girl learning judo seems at least somewhat progressive, doesn't it?

Very popular sport with my in laws. I personally have zero history with Judo.
(10-12-2017, 09:45 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You're against your daughter playing co-ed soccer and you are teaching her to be feminine (no surprise there as I'm sure the apple doesn't fall far from the tree), but you're okay with her grappling with little dudes on a mat grabbing each other by the crotch?

Also, you think homosexuality is a mental disorder and you pick show jumping for your other daughter?

1. There is a girls division in judo.

2. What does riding and jumping horses competitively and a mental disorder have in common?
(10-12-2017, 07:09 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Lucie injected his daughters into a discussion about the Boy Scouts in post #10. The same daughters who can't play coed soccer because it isn't proper or feminine, but apparently are learning combatives instead. Go figure.

I see you don't grasp the difference between a girls division and coed.

It's actually not just for fun. They are learning legitimate outdoor skills. It's for boys who are serious about learning these skills. Also it's good for a fellowship with boys. Just as the Girl Scouts does skills that girls enjoy and there is a fellowship with girls.

Coed is not better.