Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BTW Mock Draft 2
So, I ran another mock on Pro Football Network's simulator. This one is different from my last one. No trades here. I just tried to fill our needs while also grabbing good value. Ideally we sign a CB1/2 and swing tackle (my thoughts right now, nothing to do with how this plays out).

31. Tyler Linderbaum, C (Iowa) - He fell to us in the simulator so I snatched him up. Karras slides to LG, he plays C. No need to provide analysis as he's been discussed heavily on this board. I'm not worried about him being another Billy Price because unlike Price, Linderbaum is stronger and far more athletic.

63. DeMarvin Leal, DT (Texas A&M) - Another good player who fell. Leal can take Ogunjobi's role in the 3T rotation. He's a really good talent in the interior who has fallen in recent mocks, but should still go in the first 2 rounds.

95. Troy Andersen, LB (Montana State) - I actually wanted Leo Chenal, who was taken one pick before by the Chiefs (and TBH I expect him to go higher next month). I did not "panic" and take the next guy at his position, as Andersen is someone I really like. While raw (converted RB), he can afford to sit a year to learn the NFL and develop. He has the athleticism that cannot be taught, and has incredible production (albeit in the FCS). Insurance in case Pratt (contract year) walks.

136. Charlie Kolar, TE (Iowa State) - Tall red zone threat who can create height mismatches. With Hurst on a 1 year deal, Kolar can sit for a year as a backup before ascending to a starting role.

174. JoJo Domann, SS (Nebraska) - He's an early Day 3 player who has grown on me, and I drafted him primarily for his ability to cover TEs. I like Tre Flowers, but I think the writing is on the wall that we're moving on (hasn't re-signed yet, committed to Apple as depth and supposedly looking at guys like Gilmore and Nelson).

209. Chase Lucas, CB (Arizona State) - Super senior whose production tailed off the last two years. I still think there is something for Lou to work with, and he at least adds depth.

226. Bo Melton, WR (Rutgers) - Another player I recently found out about. Has good traits and can start low on the depth chart with the talent we have right now. He has great speed and can possibly carve a bigger role over time.

252. Zach VanValkenburg, DE (Iowa) - The draft is bookended by Hawkeye linemen. He was the highest ranked player on the board at this time. With the flexibility to align at the 3, 5, or 7 tech, he can develop into a rotational piece. At very worst, he's a depth/development guy.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote