Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BTW Mock Draft
TRADE w/ Indy. Sam Howell is on the board and they trade up for him (assumes no Baker or Ryan trade). Linderbaum, Zion, Elam, and Booth were all taken. We give up 31 in exchange for 42 and 82.

42. LB Chad Muma, Wyoming (from IND) - Big, classic MIKE linebacker who patrols the middle of the field like a general. Logan Wilson's former running mate. Best player who was on the board at that time. Though I like some of the guys we have at LB, he can take over for Pratt as he likely walks, and the rest of the depth chart is full of talented but unproven players.

63. CB Tariq Woolen, UTSA - Tall, long armed cornerback with elite speed. He's a former WR who has only played corner for two years. I'm confident in Lou's ability to coach up DBs. I expect a learning curve for him, but I think he will become a really great player in time.

82. TE Jake Ferguson, Wisconsin (from IND) - Big 10 starter who was 1st Team All-Conference last year. Solid receiving numbers to go along with great blocking, something Wisconsin asks their TE to do. He can be groomed as Hurst's successor. Grandson of former HC Barry Alvarez, too.

95. DT Zachary Carter, Florida - While he's played from the 3, 5, and 7 tech positions in college, he has the profile of a 3T, where I think he plays in the NFL. After BJ Hill we still need depth, and he solves that problem. He was a very productive pass rusher at Florida and his bend looks really good on film.

136. C Cam Jurgens, Nebraska - Elite athlete with experience at center. Excellent at pull plays. Has technical issues and sometimes misses his assignment or fails to sustain the block, but those are coachable.

174. OT Austin Deculus, LSU - Four year SEC starter, and Burrow's former strongside protector. Can be a swing tackle, and possibly develop into Collins' successor.

209. CB Josh Jobe, Alabama - Not the tallest but has long arms and good athleticism. More depth than anything.

226. FB Zander Horvath, Purdue - Big, power RB/FB in the mold of Mike Alstott (also from Purdue). Can play FB while also being the power guy who can get you that one yard or two when you really need it.

252. WR Makai Polk, Mississippi State - Had over 1000 yards, and 9 TD in 2021. He's overlooked but I like his size and production. He won't have to carry the load immediately, but can be depth and potentially develop, and serve as insurance if we can't pay Higgins (a legit concern looking at the market).
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote