Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BURFICTS BACK!
If we had burfict, we may have been able to win in regulation yesterday. Just saying.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 07:43 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Hey made a big tackle yesterday near the goal line, celebrated, then promptly disappeared as is mandatory with our LB/DBs.

Lol he must of thought the game was over and he did his lart
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 04:10 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Awesome. Now we can lose by fewer points.

good one Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Honestly, the D will be fun to watch. Atkins is playing a t a elite level. Lawson is an absolute animal. WJ3 is young and mistake prone, but you see the untapped talent. Glasgow looks like a run stuffer. Dunlap is Dunlap. Vigil is showing signs of life. Dennard has had his moments. I'm excited about the young talent. Add our defenses heart and soul and we could be a vicious D.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:08 PM)Brimey Wrote: Honestly, the D will be fun to watch. Atkins is playing a t a elite level. Lawson is an absolute animal. WJ3 is young and mistake prone, but you see the untapped talent. Glasgow looks like a run stuffer. Dunlap is Dunlap. Vigil is showing signs of life. Dennard has had his moments. I'm excited about the young talent. Add our defenses heart and soul and we could be a vicious D.

I agree, I LOVE watching the young guys this year. If anything, it's Pacman and Dre that are making them painful for me to watch. The young guys are playing really well, and I'm probably most excited to see what Lawson and WJIII can turn into.
Reply/Quote
Probably best just to refocus your expectations and view this as a young team with some good experience at key positions, while waiting for a new HC and better QB. 

At this point, fans just have to expect this team to not be the one a lot of pundits were calling an AFC contender with a top 3 roster of talent just 2 years ago.

Expect the pain, wait for a couple changes and then maybe have a chance at a team that could be a true contender in 3-5 years. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Let's not act like the Bengals faced a healthy Packer team. They were missing both their starting Tackles.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:37 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Let's not act like the Bengals faced a healthy Packer team. They were missing both their starting Tackles.

Bulaga played.

He got hurt at one point but he played.

Lawson tore up Trent Williams in Preseason too, dude is for real in my opinion after yesterday.

The Offense just never got a lead until this game.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:37 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Let's not act like the Bengals faced a healthy Packer team. They were missing both their starting Tackles.

Aaron Rodgers has proven continuously throughout his career that he can win without a decent line.  And he displayed that yesterday repeatedly.  A pocket passer would have lost big.  That was a one man show.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 07:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yeah I totally agree. I feel kinda duped that I hoped he turned a corner here and a corner there and edged us closer to a playoff win, only to be disappointed again and again. The reality of it all is he just doesn't have what it takes to coach at that level.

The truth.

Sucks, but it is the truth, need a new HC.

(09-25-2017, 07:16 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Speaking of which where the hell has our stud minter been? I thought he was some great player but hasn't done a damn thing.

(09-25-2017, 07:43 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Hey made a big tackle yesterday near the goal line, celebrated, then promptly disappeared as is mandatory with our LB/DBs.

Made two big time goal line tackles in a row, surprised some did not see this.

Minter may not be as good in coverage as i thought he would be but he already made two more big time plays than Maualuga made all year.
Reply/Quote
Thank god burfict is coming back we won't lose another game!

The only saving grace was every team in our division lost. 9-7 could win the division. The next two are must wins no doubt about it. Lose 1 and it's over for real and hopefully for Marvin Pauline and Alexander as well
Reply/Quote
Great to have Burfict back but he doesn't replace Marvin, Dalton, or this o-line so it doesn't matter. Marvin always proves his lack of game management skills and between Dalton and the o-line they couldn't convert a single third down the entire 2nd half. Dalton gets sacked multiple times and then he is too frazzled to hit wide open guys when he does get the time.

Point is, we need a new HC and either an elite QB or offensive line upgrade. Until we do those it doesn't matter how much we bulk up the D. Ya can't score without an offense and ya can't score at the end of the half or regulation when your QB/HC have burnt up all your timeouts.
Reply/Quote
hell yeah. now lets replace Jones and Dre Kirkpatrick
Reply/Quote
Doesn't mean anything. Our defense needs a competent offense to compliment it. Defense won't do any better if they're still on the field gassed after our offense sputters.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:01 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Going to help but the defense does not appear to be our problem.

I'm not so sure. The Cincinnati defense in the second half was awful. How can anyone go Cover Zero against Aaron Rodgers when he's down by two scores and everyone in the stadium knows he's going to air it out? How can anyone not put a spy on Rodgers because he can run?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 12:31 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I'm not so sure.  The Cincinnati defense in the second half was awful.  How can anyone go Cover Zero against Aaron Rodgers when he's down by two scores and everyone in the stadium knows he's going to air it out?  How can anyone not put a spy on Rodgers because he can run?

True, all true

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Soon as Mikey renegotiates that unspoken deal that makes us the undisputed champion loss leader team we'll be all set! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Quote:How can anyone go Cover Zero against Aaron Rodgers when he's down by two scores and everyone in the stadium knows he's going to air it out?  How can anyone not put a spy on Rodgers because he can run?
How can anyone?  Just ask Marvelous Marv. He's got all the answers tucked away in a super secret plain manilla folder buried somewhere along the banks of the Ohio river in Pittsburgh.. oh wait..that's supposed to be a secret. Don't divulge that information to anyone not willing to pay you at least $2.38 and a pack of used chewing gum.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote