Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
BURROW souped up version of Dalton
Burrow got a 34 on the Wonderlic, 3rd among the 12 QBs.

(Tua 13, Hurts 18, Herbert 25, Love 27.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 10:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Burrow got a 34 on the Wonderlic, 3rd among the 12 QBs.

(Tua 13, Hurts 18, Herbert 25, Love 27.)

Tua's a dumb MFer...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Burrow doesnt panic under pressure. He moves well in the pocket. He also gives his receivers a chance to make a play. Aj is going to love Burrow. Dalton was always to conservative.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 12:07 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Burrow doesnt panic under pressure. He moves well in the pocket. He also gives his receivers a chance to make a play. Aj is going to love Burrow. Dalton was always to conservative.
Dalton was coached so many different ways by his OCs he probably heard voices in his head when he went to bed at night.

The one year that he seemed to be getting pushed to go for it was 2015 and that was his best year.  AJ was his security blanket and playing without him was tough for AD.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Hi guys, first post from a pretty green NFL fan (only two full seasons under my belt), so be patient. The Burrow situation is really interesting, given the amount of draft capital that the Dolphins could pass our way. However, it seems like that scenario is becoming less likely everyday. Here are the points that make me question taking Burrow, which more experienced fans, like yourselves, may be able to educate me on:

1. It doesn't seem like a QB, by himself, can change the fortunes of a 2-14 team. Would it not be more prudent to spread the risk with say four or five picks over two drafts, than putting all our eggs in one basket with a position that is most susceptible to not meeting expectations? Baker Mayfield springs to mind...
2. If the Dolphins gave us a bunch of picks, including no. 5 overall, surely Tagovailoa or Herbert would still be available. Therefore, ending up with a load of picks and a still getting a talented QB.
3. (slightly tongue in cheek) does nobody think this has a whiff of Bo Callahan about it?
4. Was Burrow's season inflated, given the offensive team he had around him?
5. Is Dalton not being written off a bit early? In a switch of the question above, is he not being misjudged because of the team around him?
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 02:30 PM)NorthernIrishBengal Wrote: Hi guys, first post from a pretty green NFL fan (only two full seasons under my belt), so be patient. The Burrow situation is really interesting, given the amount of draft capital that the Dolphins could pass our way. However, it seems like that scenario is becoming less likely everyday. Here are the points that make me question taking Burrow, which more experienced fans, like yourselves, may be able to educate me on:

1. It doesn't seem like a QB, by himself, can change the fortunes of a 2-14 team. Would it not be more prudent to spread the risk with say four or five picks over two drafts, than putting all our eggs in one basket with a position that is most susceptible to not meeting expectations? Baker Mayfield springs to mind...
2. If the Dolphins gave us a bunch of picks, including no. 5 overall, surely Tagovailoa or Herbert would still be available. Therefore, ending up with a load of picks and a still getting a talented QB.
3. (slightly tongue in cheek) does nobody think this has a whiff of Bo Callahan about it?
5. Is Dalton not being written off a bit early? In a switch of the question above, is he not being misjudged because of the team around him?

Burrow was the one who inflated it.  It doesn't happen without him.

A QB absolutely can change the fortunes of  bad team. 

If the Dolphins are trying to trade us a bunch of picks, why would they be doing that?  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 02:38 PM)McC Wrote: Burrow was the one who inflated it.  It doesn't happen without him.

A QB absolutely can change the fortunes of  bad team. 

If the Dolphins are trying to trade us a bunch of picks, why would they be doing that?

Because they're desperate for a new QB, surely.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 02:30 PM)NorthernIrishBengal Wrote: Hi guys, first post from a pretty green NFL fan (only two full seasons under my belt), so be patient. The Burrow situation is really interesting, given the amount of draft capital that the Dolphins could pass our way. However, it seems like that scenario is becoming less likely everyday. Here are the points that make me question taking Burrow, which more experienced fans, like yourselves, may be able to educate me on:

Welcome, Irish. My answers to your questions...

1. A true franchise QB can absolutely change the fortunes of an entire team. The Panthers were 2-14 the year before they drafted Cam, and within 2 years they were a 12-4 division winning team. 2 years after that they had an MVP QB and were playing in the Super Bowl. Just one recent example off the top of my head.

2. I want absolutely nothing to do with either Tua or Herbert. The former is too much of a risk with all the injuries, and the latter will likely be a mediocre QB in the NFL, imo. If we (stupidly) traded out of #1 I’d want to keep Dalton another season, take some high end players at other positions, and go for a QB next draft.

3. No. Burrow’s teammates love him from everything I’ve heard.

4. I don’t think so. If anything, I think he made his WR’s and the guys around him look better. LSU had some really good players, but they were hardly the most stacked college team I’ve ever seen. Yet Burrow had the best season by a college QB ever.

5. Dalton has had 9 years. That’s an eternity in the NFL. He’s had 5 different OC’s, 2 different HC’s, a bunch of different WR’s (including one of the best in AJ), and he’s always come up short. He just couldn’t get us over the hump. It obviously wasn’t completely his fault, but he certainly deserves his fair share of the blame. Especially his play in the playoffs. It’s just time to move on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 02:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Welcome, Irish. My answers to your questions...

1. A true franchise QB can absolutely change the fortunes of an entire team. The Panthers were 2-14 the year before they drafted Cam, and within 2 years they were a 12-4 division winning team. 2 years after that they had an MVP QB and were playing in the Super Bowl. Just one recent example off the top of my head.

2. I want absolutely nothing to do with either Tua or Herbert. The former is too much of a risk with all the injuries, and the latter will likely be a mediocre QB in the NFL, imo. If we (stupidly) traded out of #1 I’d want to keep Dalton another season, take some high end players at other positions, and go for a QB next draft.

3. No. Burrow’s teammates love him from everything I’ve heard.

4. I don’t think so. If anything, I think he made his WR’s and the guys around him look better. LSU had some really good players, but they were hardly the most stacked college team I’ve ever seen. Yet Burrow had the best season by a college QB ever.

5. Dalton has had 9 years. That’s an eternity in the NFL. He’s had 5 different OC’s, 2 different HC’s, a bunch of different WR’s (including one of the best in AJ), and he’s always come up short. He just couldn’t get us over the hump. It obviously wasn’t completely his fault, but he certainly deserves his fair share of the blame. Especially his play in the playoffs. It’s just time to move on.

Good good. Starting to come round to the idea with less trepidation now. What's the feeling in Cincy? Would there be rioting in the streets if he's traded away? Being an avid listener of the 'Around the NFL' podcast, I get the impression that the fanbase have been pretty pissed off with the franchise's lack of ambition for a long time now. Would this be the final nail in the coffin?
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 02:44 PM)NorthernIrishBengal Wrote: Because they're desperate for a new QB, surely.

Yes, but why would they do it for this specific QB?  If it's just that they're desperate for A QB, they can have their pick of three others. 

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 03:06 PM)NorthernIrishBengal Wrote: Good good. Starting to come round to the idea with less trepidation now. What's the feeling in Cincy? Would there be rioting in the streets if he's traded away? Being an avid listener of the 'Around the NFL' podcast, I get the impression that the fanbase have been pretty pissed off with the franchise's lack of ambition for a long time now. Would this be the final nail in the coffin?

Welcome to the best board in sports NIB. Yeah, there would be rioting and it would be the final nail in the coffin if they traded
the Burrow pick away. Everyone is on the ledge, the Free Agency made it better but they HAVE to take Burrow, he is the most
sure pick to come out since Andrew Luck right at the moment we need a QB that can win in big games.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 03:19 PM)McC Wrote: Yes, but why would they do it for this specific QB?  If it's just that they're desperate for A QB, they can have their pick of three others. 

Well, because Burrow is being talked about as one of the best QB prospects ever and because, I'm led to believe, that it's not often that a team has this much draft capital to play with. I imagine there's a lot of pressure on the Dolphins to move up.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 03:30 PM)NorthernIrishBengal Wrote: Well, because Burrow is being talked about as one of the best QB prospects ever and because, I'm led to believe, that it's not often that a team has this much draft capital to play with. I imagine there's a lot of pressure on the Dolphins to move up.

They don't have enough draft capital and have a lot of holes to fill. Not happening.

Burrow is ours and ours alone.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 03:30 PM)NorthernIrishBengal Wrote: Well, because Burrow is being talked about as one of the best QB prospects ever and because, I'm led to believe, that it's not often that a team has this much draft capital to play with. I imagine there's a lot of pressure on the Dolphins to move up.

So, the very reason they would want to spend like that for him is the very same reason for the Bengals not to do it.  If he's good enough to spend multiple picks on, he's good enough to turn down multiple picks for.

Imo, I'd rather be the team that took him and he ended up failing than be the team that passed on him and have him succeed.  He's the IT guy.  He has the IT.  He has the IT that the great ones have.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 03:35 PM)McC Wrote: So, the very reason they would want to spend like that for him is the very same reason for the Bengals not to do it.  If he's good enough to spend multiple picks on, he's good enough to turn down multiple picks for.

Imo, I'd rather be the team that took him and he ended up failing than be the team that passed on him and have him succeed.  He's the IT guy.  He has the IT.  He has the IT that the great ones have.

Joe
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 03:35 PM)McC Wrote: So, the very reason they would want to spend like that for him is the very same reason for the Bengals not to do it.  If he's good enough to spend multiple picks on, he's good enough to turn down multiple picks for.

Lol very good point. It would be head in hands every time he showed up on a highlight reel.

Yea, fair enough, I'm converted. As a ginger, I'm sad to see Dalton go (not too many of us rocking about in professional sports) but it's time to pass the torch.
Reply/Quote

Yes a 1,000 X yes 
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 03:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes a 1,000 X yes 

Don't take Sam Bowie when Michael Jordan is sitting right there.

Reply/Quote

Yep. This franchise, and its fan’s can’t afford another Bill Walsh situation. If Burrow went somewhere else and won a Super Bowl (or multiple) it would be crushing.

Reply/Quote